No announcement yet.

Isaiah Thomas top 5 PG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the screenshot clearly says "THIS SEASON", both Thomas and Anthony either ignored that part, really don't watch enough basketball to make an informed decision or especially in Thomas case are not good at judging how good players are (already proved that when he ran the Knicks).
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      Not sure how you can put Lowry above Chris Paul. This Season, or otherwise.
      Comparable numbers this season but Lowry is doing it with much less talent around him.

Outside this season, Paul is clearly the better player.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Sorry but no...

Zeke knows guards and he drafted both Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady; he's always had a great eye for talent at the guard positions. What you need to consider is that he may be valuing certain aspects differently than you.

I don't think Lowry makes my own top five. If Lowry wants into the top five then he needs to win some playoff games. I know some of those other guys may not have that either but they have more talent. Talent isn't everything but it gives you a leg up and with all things equal I'm going with talent alone until I see results.

I get a sense that most of Zeke's list would be top five in here if they were wearing a Raptors jersey.

Axel wrote: View Post
        Comparable numbers this season but Lowry is doing it with much less talent around him.

Outside this season, Paul is clearly the better player.
        You could argue that Lowry has the advantage of playing in a much more structured team concept. The Raptors aren't taking that many bad shots and they're not making many bad decisions with the ball. They may not have the big names but the guys they have get the system they're in and they're playing with a collective objective.

Comment

Josh Smith had a baffling usage rate of 25% coupled with a horrible TS% of .417.

Does anyone think dumping Smith might have the same effect as when the Raptors dumped Gay? The Pistons have obviously dug too deep a hole for themselves to save their season, but removing a black hole like Smith should improve their overall shot distribution and ball movement, right? At least they might become watchable.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            Josh Smith had a baffling usage rate of 25% coupled with a horrible TS% of .417.

Does anyone think dumping Smith might have the same effect as when the Raptors dumped Gay? The Pistons have obviously dug too deep a hole for themselves to save their season, but removing a black hole like Smith should improve their overall shot distribution and ball movement, right? At least they might become watchable.
            But MU didn't dump Gay, he traded him for pieces that contributed. Someone will get Smith's playing time, but I don't see a lot of talent there.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              But MU didn't dump Gay, he traded him for pieces that contributed. Someone will get Smith's playing time, but I don't see a lot of talent there.
              Smith is really athletic. Easily one of the top athletes in the NBA. He just sucks as a player. If he puts it together he could be great. Demarcus, Smith and Gay is a really scary forward rotation. Again, he is a terrible NBA player though.

Comment

Working...
              X