#Wojbomb -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #Wojbomb -

Came accross this interesting article about our favorite breaker of stories. It reads a bit like a takedown piece until you start clicking the links and realize there may be some smoke here if not fire.

there is a paragraph on the breaking of Kyle Lowry resigning here.

Enjoy

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...ets-his-scoops

this is only loosely tied to "everything raptors" so I'll see how the conversation evolves and probably move it to the NBA section tomorrow
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Interesting read. I never really noticed the animosity towards ESPN before.

Comment

Everything the writer is shitting on Woj for can be said about every single other reporters.
      Didn't Brian Windhorseshit reported saying Kyle agreed to sign with Miami just a day before Kyle signed with the Raptors.
      Chris Broussard is another case. This article is totally driven by jealousy. And BTW Fuck ESPN.

Comment

Very interesting piece. The whole Detroit and LeBron James things are a bit odd.

Comment

Fuck ya'll. Woj is my no.1 guy.

Comment

“I signed a player, and my staff didn’t know that we got the guy yet, and I heard the cheering outside the office because they had seen Woj tweet it,” one team executive said. “I was still on the phone with the agent, negotiating areas of the exhibit, and Woj already had it.”
            this is pretty nuts

i'm a Woj fan and one thing he's always done is give credit where credit's due when it comes to breaking info. i'm all for him taking down espn too.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Very interesting read. Doing a bit of dot connecting here, but Woj's Hollinger/Rudy Gay comments at the time of the trade were eerily similar to what Lionel Hollins was supposed to have said. Gee, I wonder who was Woj's Memphis source? I'm guessing with Hollins now in Brooklyn, Woj is in line for some juicy Nets scoops (and nobody better cross Hollins or Woj will be sinking his teeth in their ass).

Woj's vindictiveness reminded me of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon%27s_Enemies_List
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Surely AW did not have a pipeline to every agent/team to scoop the pick in the draft before Stern even got to the podium. This would suggest that he had a connection with someone in the know at the NBA before the envelope got to Stern. The NBA supposedly fined Dumars in a sting for leaking league docs (500K)....did they investigate themselves on the draft picks leaks? I remember this well with many on this forum complaining that the leaks were screwing with the "suspense" element of the draft show and occasion!! LOL.

Comment

I opened this hoping woj was reporting we got paul millsap or something.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Surely AW did not have a pipeline to every agent/team to scoop the pick in the draft before Stern even got to the podium. This would suggest that he had a connection with someone in the know at the NBA before the envelope got to Stern. The NBA supposedly fined Dumars in a sting for leaking league docs (500K)....did they investigate themselves on the draft picks leaks? I remember this well with many on this forum complaining that the leaks were screwing with the "suspense" element of the draft show and occasion!! LOL.
                    He didn't get the Bruno pick. So it is likely his sources were actually on the 29 other teams, not the league office.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

When does a reporter cross the line between journalist and publicist?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        this is pretty nuts

i'm a Woj fan and one thing he's always done is give credit where credit's due when it comes to breaking info. i'm all for him taking down espn too.
                        Would you still be a Woj fan if Casey decided to become one of Woj's sources and Woj started writing stories about Casey's coaching brilliance?
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Would you still be a Woj fan if Casey decided to become one of Woj's sources and Woj started writing stories about Casey's coaching brilliance?
                          I preface this statement by saying count me in as a guy who's anti casey: dwane casey has way too much integrity to pull stunts like that.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            i really couldn't care less what woj writes about
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I bet half these guys talking about Woj's journalistic integrity haven't seen ESPN's First Take yet...

I like both Woj and Spears. I can't take Jonah Hill- lookalike Brian Windhorst, Broussard or Stein seriously with their reporting..
                              Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Working...
                              X