Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another radio interview with Bryan Colangelo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    I have a feeling that MLSE had a good working relationship with Colangelo, and a lot of people within the organization felt Leiweke handled his ouster poorly.

If Colangelo just handled MLSE operations overall with Masai as GM, I wouldn't care. It's called failing upwards.
    It was luck that helped the Raps for sure, but if it was something that Leiweke and Masai had control of to seize the moment, they both had no fear of doing it and got it done. They both gave Lowry "the talk" and that is something Bryan Colangelo will never do to a player because he never has the balls to do so and Lowry would not draw any emotion from Bryan due to the empty talk you get from Colangelo. Leiweke might of been obnoxious for his ouster, but his arrogance was needed to rub off on these three organization that were content with losing (well TFC IMHO is a waste of money, especially on the their stadium, so I don't care). The Raps and the Leafs (they choked one against inferior Carolina tonight) are playing better.

From personal experience, never let a fired employee rejoin a company, it is hardly productive for an organization.

Comment

The Raptors are a big market team, literally Canada's team with national TV deals and a huge population base in Southern Ontario (8.76 million people in the "golden horseshoe" in the 2011 census, 26% of the population of Canada).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        He had a terrible season, followed by a decent playoff run that was punctuated by a couple memorable last-second shots. He was a SF version of Bargnani, who Bargnani usually owned during head-to-head matchups. There were loooooots of posters on here who predicted that it was a signing doomed to fail because he was such a terrible fit. With a pass-first PG (Calderon), there was absolutely no need for a point-forward. Aside from the ESPN hype machine, I never understood how that could ever have been viewed as a good move going in.
        Best part is that you could sort of justify him being the ball handler on the second unit - but the 4-way trade that the Hedo deal morphed into preserved our MLE - which we used to sign Jarrett Jack to be the second unit ball handler. I mean, he still would have been terrible, but there was some thin logic there at least, at first.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          As is known, BC currently resides with family in the Toronto area - Please tell me he's still here due to some sort of involvement with the PanAm games or something not related to MLSE.

Wonder if there is an agenda here? Leiweke's position hasn't been filled as yet - Now I'm just totally freaking out!!!
          Re point 1, in his first interview on the FAN he indicated the ubiquitous "business interests" which of course would include anything including biding his time re point 2.

I'd freak too if he was given TL's job. Tannenbaum has always had a soft spot for BC.

Comment

Working...
          X