Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors have fourth-brightest future (Nate Silver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors have fourth-brightest future (Nate Silver)

Not a terribly complicated model, but still fun to see. We have the fourth-best odds of winning a championship in the next five years, according to Nate Silver's fivethirtyeight.com.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...title-by-2019/

At No. 4, the Toronto Raptors, another obvious choice. They’re young, Kyle Lowry is on the verge of being a superstar, and they have the benefit of playing in the Eastern Conference.8

Ok. Let's win it.

Comment

Silver is an absolute genius, even when it comes to his political predictions.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Clearly he's got his NBA prediction BANG ON BABY
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Not shocked....
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'm not sure if he's an absolute genius as much as he's just smart and reasonable in an profession (political commentary) in which very few people are both smart and reasonable.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
              I'm not sure if he's an absolute genius as much as he's just smart and reasonable in an profession (political commentary) in which very few people are both smart and reasonable.
              he wrote a good book too
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Found this interesting...

At No. 8, the Portland Trail Blazers, whose numbers are similar to the Raptors across the board but who play in the tougher conference.
                The more I look at it, the less stock I put into the article. I'd be curious to see the same thing done five years ago, and see how accurate it was in terms of who actually won over the last five years.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                X