Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would fetch more in a trade IYO? (JV or Ross)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cody73 wrote: View Post
    1. He can play 2 positions
    2. His 3 point shot is amongst the leaders in the league
    3. He is showing that he can drive, which is a asset
    4. He's a solid defender
    5. He is slowly becoming a more well-rounded player.
    It doesn't matter how much more "useful" steel is compared to gold, gold is more valuable.

Bigs are simply more valuable than wings. That's not even opinion, that's just reality (based on current contracts).

Does it make sense that Gortat makes more than Ariza? Probably not, but that's not what we're discussing here.

Comment

4. He's a solid defender
      yeah but we're talking about

1) 22 year old centre vs 23 year old wing. JV has more upside. You know what you have in a wing by year 3-4. Bigs are slower when it comes to developing.
      2) JV is a double-double machine in a making. Ross is a 3+D player and maybe MAYBE he'll be scorer but there are serious doubts
      3) JV draws fouls on elite level. Ross is allergic to contact
      4) Ross is undersized 3. JV has the size and wingspan to play his position.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

4. He's a solid defender
        1. He's just a tall shooting guard.
        2. Urm.. Ya. Okay. I agree, just ask him to shoot better than 40% from the corners.
        3. Potential. Love this.
        4. Solid? More like inconsistent defender. And little bit emotionless pussy. Sorry Ross. I'm not hating on him, just saying like it is. Passion is needed to be good, Timmy is one of a kind.
        5. Tell him to rebound the ball every game. Not just every other.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          yeah but we're talking about

1) 22 year old centre vs 23 year old wing. JV has more upside. You know what you have in a wing by year 3-4. Bigs are slower when it comes to developing.
          2) JV is a double-double machine in a making. Ross is a 3+D player and maybe MAYBE he'll be scorer but there are serious doubts
          3) JV draws fouls on elite level. Ross is allergic to contact
          4) Ross is undersized 3. JV has the size and wingspan to play his position.
          Think about Ross like I do as a SG, an you'll see he's worth quite a lot. He'd be such a great fit somewhere a 2 is needed for the right price...
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

4. He's a solid defender
            Definitely disagree on both 3 & 4. JV plays a premium position and is a better basketball player.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Erick dampier has made nearly $100m in his career.

JV

Comment

Think about Ross like I do as a SG, an you'll see he's worth quite a lot. He'd be such a great fit somewhere a 2 is needed for the right price...
                No one argues that. He'll be great on Phoenix or on any up-tempo teams. But he will not net us more than JV

Comment

I think Ross would play better SG pos. than SF, but still, at this moment - JV is worth more in the market. And Masai knows it.

Comment

I'm shocked guys.... I really still feel Ross would bring in a better piece, and has more upside than JV. Plus he's more expendable atm in my eyes....
                    If you are referring to Ross as being more expendable, then you are right. Anything expendable is cheap. shouldn't cost much to acquire.

There are very few big man in the league with the potential tag attached to them. JV is one and will definitely fetch a lot more, there is a reason why he was deemed untouchable at some point last season.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Erick dampier has made nearly $100m in his career.

JV
                      Wow, just Wow.

Comment

No one argues that. He'll be great on Phoenix or on any up-tempo teams. But he will not net us more than JV
                        But would anyone argue that he could net that glue guy for us to make us a championship-caliber team?
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

This team is not one piece away from being a championship team. Unless that one piece is Lebron / KD / AD, that is.

Comment

But would anyone argue that he could net that glue guy for us to make us a championship-caliber team?
                            A glue guy doens't make us championship caliber. We already have several guys who could at least in some way be described as glue guys....Amir, JJ, 2Pat, Fields....

Yes, Ross probably could net us a different role player....that's not really high value.

Comment

that's very specific. Glue guy like Patrick Patterson, Amir Johnson? Maybe he could net us that. Ross for Josh McRoberts?

Comment

that's very specific. Glue guy like Patrick Patterson, Amir Johnson? Maybe he could net us that. Ross for Josh McRoberts?
                                Thinking more of a 3/4 hybrid in my mind.
                                Axel wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X