Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would fetch more in a trade IYO? (JV or Ross)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    that's very specific. Glue guy like Patrick Patterson, Amir Johnson? Maybe he could net us that. Ross for Josh McRoberts?
    Isn't McBob done for the season?

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Thinking more of a 3/4 hybrid in my mind.
      Jeff Green? We would need to add something though
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Isn't McBob done for the season?
        Fuck is he? Shit that sucks

Comment

The one thing I will say for their trade value: JV's market is probably a little smaller. He's only a no-brainer trade for teams where:
          a) he's an upgrade on the team's current starting center, because it doesn't make sense to bring in a guy like him and play him off the bench. (Or, the team is looking at ditching their current starting center.)
          b) a team that isn't looking at contending right now, because JV is not a win-now starting center.
          c) the team is okay with a traditional center, and doesn't have a need for a floor-stretcher or passer out of the position.
          d) they can afford an expanding payroll, because JV is going to be slightly overpriced for what he actually brings, given that his next contract is still going to be based more around potential than current impact.

Ross, on the other hand, can probably be played as a 2 or a 3, as a starter or off the bench. Arguably, he's a better fit as a bench player than a starter. So if you put him on the trade block, there are probably many more teams who see him as a decent fit for them, because just about everyone is looking to upgrade wing depth. His style of play is good for complimentary roles. Because Ross's ceiling is descending a bit faster, his next contract will be more about what he actually brings than what his potential is.

All of which is to say that JV certainly would command a bigger return, but because there will be fewer teams in the hunt, finding a trade that works for Toronto would be more difficult. But in the case of Ross, it would probably be much easier for Ujiri to find the return that he wants.

Comment

Fuck is he? Shit that sucks
            Yup, torn meniscus I believe. I think I read that the Heat are requesting a special cap allowance to replace him.

Comment

Jeff Green? We would need to add something though
              Demarre Carroll is the real guy I want. I know I keep bringing him up, but man does his game fit so well with ours. Rebounds well, shoots threes well, and plays great D.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Yup, torn meniscus I believe. I think I read that the Heat are requesting a special cap allowance to replace him.
                damn man Bogut hurt too now. So many injuries these past 2 years

Comment

I think with the way Patrick Patterson has been playing he could net us more in a trade than Ross. Stretch Four are needed. We need him as well though so that's not gonna happen

Comment

Cody73 you really went full reta- you are slightly off base on this one.

JV is better than ross today. he has way higher potential for tomorrow. And his position is at a much much higher value. A terrence ross is a dime a dozen in the nba. And i dont foresee a possibility of him being better than jv in any season for the rest of their careers.

So...what are we even talking about??
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

damn man Bogut hurt too now. So many injuries these past 2 years
                      Bogut is always hurt though.. that's just who he is.

Comment

The Spurs were going to give up Parker just to draft JV. I don't think he's hurt his stock after 3 years.

Ross has value, but he's not going to get you an all-star unless you package him with other pieces.

Comment

Yeah, this is pretty straight forward. JV obviously.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

both have an upside but JV gets the nod recently if he can maintain his consistent play 13 pt 10 rebounds without being overloaded in minutes is good for young center who is producing in a offence that is guard dominated

Comment

i sure hope the article i read about jv+package for gasol is bullshit.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                i sure hope the article i read about jv+package for gasol is bullshit.
                                It most assuredly is. No real source on it.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X