"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

My darkhorse team to win it all this year

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...p?14215-Dallas
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post

Ainge got fleeced looool

This is all you can get for Rondo??
      I don't know if he got fleeced...How high would Rondo's value be? He's had injury issues and still can't shoot. He also is an expiring contract, so many teams would probably be reluctant to give up any decent assets at all for a guy that could just be a rental. Dallas is not the type of team to be scared by such a thing though, and they haven't valued picks that highly. And they'd probably pursue him this offseason even if they didn't get this trade done.

I actually wonder about the fit for Dallas....mostly because of Monta Ellis. Rondo will work great with their other 3 starters, but will Ellis be able to be as effective having the ball less and playing off it more? We'll see. Maybe it ends up working great, or they don't plan on keeping Ellis around long-term (he can opt out this summer).

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I don't know if he got fleeced...How high would Rondo's value be? He's had injury issues and still can't shoot. He also is an expiring contract, so many teams would probably be reluctant to give up any decent assets at all for a guy that could just be a rental. Dallas is not the type of team to be scared by such a thing though, and they haven't valued picks that highly. And they'd probably pursue him this offseason even if they didn't get this trade done.

I actually wonder about the fit for Dallas....mostly because of Monta Ellis. Rondo will work great with their other 3 starters, but will Ellis be able to be as effective having the ball less and playing off it more? We'll see. Maybe it ends up working great, or they don't plan on keeping Ellis around long-term (he can opt out this summer).
        I said fleeced because ainge could have traded him multiple times in the last couple of years. Yeah i know teams rarely give up something good for an expiring but ainge waited to long and should have traded him before he was an expiring IMO.

Comment

I said fleeced because ainge could have traded him multiple times in the last couple of years. Yeah i know teams rarely give up something good for an expiring but ainge waited to long and should have traded him before he was an expiring IMO.
          I doubt the offers were very good earlier (the last 2 years). Rondo spent most of those 2 seasons on the injured list. Teams aren't exactly bidding high on PGs with torn ACLs. Can't imagine he really got better offers for him in that span. And before the ACL injury, Boston was still riding out their big 3 era. The season before it (11-12) they were trying to make a run, and ended up losing in the conf finals...and then they rolled into the next season seeing if they could give it one last go, and Rondo tore his ACL halfway through the season.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I doubt the offers were very good earlier (the last 2 years). Rondo spent most of those 2 seasons on the injured list. Teams aren't exactly bidding high on PGs with torn ACLs. Can't imagine he really got better offers for him in that span. And before the ACL injury, Boston was still riding out their big 3 era. The season before it (11-12) they were trying to make a run, and ended up losing in the conf finals...and then they rolled into the next season seeing if they could give it one last go, and Rondo tore his ACL halfway through the season.
            But this offer was terrible

okay you get WRIGHT who's a good backup 5 and the only other valuable thing was the 1st which is gonna be in the mid to late 20s ?

Then you give Dallas Rondo?

I just don't see how this was not a horrible deal for Boston

Comment

Awesome news for Dallas.

Playing in the West sucks.. KD? mhm?

Comment

But this offer was terrible

okay you get WRIGHT who's a good backup 5 and the only other valuable thing was the 1st which is gonna be in the mid to late 20s ?

Then you give Dallas Rondo?

I just don't see how this was not a horrible deal for Boston
                Maybe this isn't a great deal, but it could easily be the best one.

How many teams would give up one or many potentially high 1st rounders for a 28 year old PG? Especially when you count it's easily the deepest position in the league, *and he's torn his ACL and still can't really shoot.

The only teams that could would be bad teams, who would have even worse pieces than Wright/Crowder/Nelson, and no incentive to go after Rondo (won't be good this year, Rondo wouldn't want to re-sign to stay through a rebuilding situation). So good teams are pretty much your only option.

Boston also needs some sort of placeholder PG with their young roster, so a vet like Nelson is actually kind of perfect in the short-term.

And Crowder is a young role player who could improve. He can defend both wing spots and some small ball PF, and has a decent shot, so while he's not a big impact player, he's not chopped liver.

The team giving up a star rarely "wins" a trade like this. That's just the way it goes. It's a way better deal than the corpse of Steve Nash and whatever 1sts the Lakers could offer (I think they could technically trade away the one they're owed this year, but then 2019 would be the next one they could give up).
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Dec 18, 2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I think we're overrating Rondo. People are remembering the Rondo playing with the Big 3 - he was very good back then. His shooting isn't Landry Fields bad but it's closer to Landry than to Kyle. Rondo is still a plus defender and a very good and willing passer,

Wonder what the Celts are going to do with Wright. Guy has value - holding on to him, unless they they think they can make the playoffs makes little sense to me.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Instant title favorites imo.

Rondo and Chandler are an amazing defensive combo. Both are serious winners.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Instant title favorites imo.

Rondo and Chandler are an amazing defensive combo. Both are serious winners.
                      Yup...Should work great on the other end too.

Again, my only skeptical thoughts have to do with Ellis fitting in. The trade should easily make them better, but they might have to see about making a change at SG.

Title favourites though? I guess this cements them in that tier in the West, that includes SAS, GSW, MEM, OKC (if they stay healthy), and maybe HOU and POR too....fucking crazy ass West.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Dec 18, 2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Dallas were already title contenders this season. Their odds just got better in winning it all with the acquisition of Rondo. I'm jealous!

Comment

A starting lineup of Rondo, Ellis, Parsons, Nowitzki, and Chandler is pretty damn good =/

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            A starting lineup of Rondo, Ellis, Parsons, Nowitzki, and Chandler is pretty damn good =/
                            If my ball is showing or hanging loose on the court against that lineup, they will definitely have their hands on them in no time. No pun intended.

Comment

The Celts are on pace to win too many games again, especially since last night, so Ainge had to pull the trigger, and make the team suck again. As long as it keeps Heinson angry on the telecast, it is a bit of a bonus win for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X