X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACK11 wrote: View Post

Ainge got fleeced looool

This is all you can get for Rondo??
    With Philly and NYK trying to tank hard, Boston will probably 6-9th worst with this trade. The karma is not bad in Boston, so they might get a top 2-5th pick by luck, they will not get 1st because Heinson is still generating bad Karma. I think Orlando will land 1st pick in this lottery. UTAH will not get 1st because Hayward will prevent them to get 1st pick due to his Justin Bieber face. The Dallas 1st round pick of 2015 might get package traded, or Ainge will find another gem with it at 20th-27th

This is a tank trade, B.Wright and Nelson will get moved for middling picks for 2015 or 2016. Jae Crowder should get playing time if Jeff Green gets injured, which is a guarantee.
    Last edited by tonious35; Thu Dec 18, 2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler 2011.

Rajon Rondo and Tyson Chandler.

If Dallas had our bench..
      Last edited by rocwell; Thu Dec 18, 2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Yup...Should work great on the other end too.

Again, my only skeptical thoughts have to do with Ellis fitting in. The trade should easily make them better, but they might have to see about making a change at SG.

Title favourites though? I guess this cements them in that tier in the West, that includes SAS, GSW, MEM, OKC (if they stay healthy), and maybe HOU and POR too....fucking crazy ass West.
        Yeah in an ideal world, Ellis would be a great shooter who could space the floor and offset Rondo's weaknesses in that area, but with Parsons and Nowitzki both capable shooters I think they can make it work. Plus they are looking at Ray Allen, so he could be an effective escape valve.

The Spurs and OKC still look like the best playoff teams out of that bunch, imo, with GSW and MEM a notch below, and Houston and Portland a notch below that. I just think thus Mavs team is so stacked with veteran winners in Rondo, Dirk, and Chandler, they are going to be amazing if they can get their chemistry going by the playoffs. Carlisle is just the man for the job, too.

Comment

Boston has 8 first rounders 2015-18. That is too many considering the team they have now. It's going to take some manouvering /judgement calls converting some of those into experienced pieces to put together a championship team. It shall be interesting to follow. Wonder who will get better faster...Philly or the Celtics?

Comment

You're all forgetting the best part of this trade... Rondo may finally stop killing my fantasy team....

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
              You're all forgetting the best part of this trade... Rondo may finally stop killing my fantasy team....
              How could we have not thought of your fantasy team!

Comment

I think BOS looks to flip Wright. I say Hayes and our 2015 first for Wright, if Ujiri thinks he can re-sign him. Then JV-Wright-Amir-PP is a rock solid big rotation, to go with our rock solid DD-Ross-JJ-Lou wing rotation and our rock solid (when GV is playing well) point guard rotation.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  I think BOS looks to flip Wright. I say Hayes and our 2015 first for Wright, if Ujiri thinks he can re-sign him. Then JV-Wright-Amir-PP is a rock solid big rotation, to go with our rock solid DD-Ross-JJ-Lou wing rotation and our rock solid (when GV is playing well) point guard rotation.
                  Not tradeble until Feb I think. They might move Sullinger if they plan to keep Wright.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Not tradeble until Feb I think. They might move Sullinger if they plan to keep Wright.
                    Why would they keep Wright, who will be UFA?
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Why would they keep Wright, who will be UFA?
                      If they took Wright and expect to lose him then they traded Rondo for a late first and second + Crowder.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        If they took Wright and expect to lose him then they traded Rondo for a late first and second + Crowder.
                        I don't think they expect to lose Wright, I'm sure they expect to trade him. Also not for sure it's a late first. If the Mavs pick is bottom 15 this year, which is where it should fall, then Boston gets their 2016 1st instead, unless it's top 7. Old dude Dirk has gotta break down eventually.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          I don't think they expect to lose Wright, I'm sure they expect to trade him. Also not for sure it's a late first. If the Mavs pick is bottom 15 this year, which is where it should fall, then Boston gets their 2016 1st instead, unless it's top 7. Old dude Dirk has gotta break down eventually.
                          Forgot the reverse protection. Ainge can't lose Wright to UFA. Crowder is an RFA I think and Nelson was just filler. With Carlisle and Dirk and good pieces Mavs won't be a lottery team even in the West. A Western playoff team is usually top 10 in the league.

Comment

Can't see the Mavs being a lottery team this year either, That's why I said their pick should be bottom 15, and Boston will get their 2016 pick instead. Next year, will they be better or worse? Ainge is hoping the Mavs are worse.

Comment

Dirk could leave this year, or even retire.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                Dirk could leave this year, or even retire.
                                What? He signed a contract this summer for 2+1 years....so I don't see why (how) he'd leave, or why he'd retire while he's still playing at a high level.

Comment

Working...
                                X