Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stirring the Pot - Bosh vs. Durant

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stirring the Pot - Bosh vs. Durant

Bosh & Durant were named NBA (East & West) players of the week.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/04/05/p...s=iref:nbahpt2

Wondered how RR readers feel about the two players in terms of preferring one or the other on the Raptors. Of course this would not happen but serves the purpose of comparing Bosh to a peer receiving the same accolade this week.

Would Durant have a larger impact on the Raptors than Bosh? Which player brings more to the table in terms of making other teammates better or provides greater leadership or is more likely to be a game changer.

Both obviously pretty good....but....who would be better taking the Raptors forward?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Durant is better than Bosh. He's in the west and isn't struggling to make it to the post season.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sign and trade - Bosh for D. Lee would be good for the Raptors

Post Thanks / Like

^^ lol giving us this **** again.

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apples and Oranges

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya I agree with OzRapFan. No way can you compare the two guys. The way the team is structured right now though? I'd say Bosh is more suited to the team because if we simply switched Bosh for Durant we would have to start Amir, Reggie, or Rasho. Also, that would mean that we have another guy on the team that needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    Apples and Oranges
    I realize they play diff. positions. As players who won their respective conf. player of the week...who would Raptor fans rather have...comparing all of their tangibles and intangibles.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the nature of the post, they both had good weeks, but a more realistic question would be would you rather have any other player in the history of the NBA over Durant right now. He's 21, still scratching the surface of his talent and possesses the kind of game usually reserved for guys 6-2.

Jordan had a great career and was blessed with an insane work ethic, but he wasn't even close to this good at 21. Lebron might have a better body and overall game, but he's 25, 7 years in the league and still can't shoot as well as KD. The kids entire history is still to be written and he could theoretically end up without a title, but i'd argue hes the best 21 year old to ever play the game.

I wouldn't trade his future for any other players past, but that's me.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    The kids entire history is still to be written and he could theoretically end up without a title, but i'd argue hes the best 21 year old to ever play the game.
    Hmmm ... Magic Johnson. He would be my pick for the best 20 year old in NBA History.

Not many other players could claim to be better than Durant though. Not at 21. Well, most of the old timers were only entering or about to enter the NBA at that stage whereas Durant is in his third season ... so it limits the field a great deal. More about recent stars than true history.

Shaquille O'Neal would be another one. Wow, Jordan and Duncan were both 21 in their rookie seasons (Duncan is particularly surprising, he played four years at Wake Forest), I would take both ahead of Durant too. LeBron James is more difficult one. I'd take James ahead of Durant because I thought his game showed more potential but I'm not sure who was better at that exact age. Tracy McGrady was 21 his first season in Orlando, that is a tough one too.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Durant is already better than Bosh and still has a lot of room for improvement.

Oklahoma wouldn't have been as successful as they have been this season with Bosh in Durant's place. Toronto is harder to say due to the personnel, likely more of the same, but it would have made it easier for the Raptors to build their squad long term.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Durant is simply a prolific scorer and excellent defender of his position. The only drawback that I can see is his frame - every time I watch him play and he gets knocked down, I am worried he is going to snap his legs or arms which are not all that thick looking.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote verbatim wrote: View Post
    The only drawback that I can see is his frame - every time I watch him play and he gets knocked down, I am worried he is going to snap his legs or arms which are not all that thick looking.
    Didn't people say that about Iverson his whole career? How many games did he miss, personal reasons aside?

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely take KD for CB right now straight up, I think KD with the rest of the Rapts roster would be more successful than they are right now with CB. KD gives that scoring threat thats needed to open everyone else up and has shown the ability to get others involved and make everyone else better, I dont really see that type of leadership with Bosh, esp this year.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If the NBA blew itself up and did fantasy draft to recalibrate all the teams, I think the top ten would roughly go like this.

Bron, Howard, Durant, Paul, Melo, Wade, Roy, Rose, Tyreke, Bosh

I still think that puts Bosh to high actually. A one way player with limited leadership skills and not likely to improve any further.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There isn't much debate here. Durant is the next NBA superstar. Hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    Apples and Oranges
    Whichever one is Durant I'll take a bag of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I appreciate the nature of the post, they both had good weeks, but a more realistic question would be would you rather have any other player in the history of the NBA over Durant right now. He's 21, still scratching the surface of his talent and possesses the kind of game usually reserved for guys 6-2.

Jordan had a great career and was blessed with an insane work ethic, but he wasn't even close to this good at 21. Lebron might have a better body and overall game, but he's 25, 7 years in the league and still can't shoot as well as KD. The kids entire history is still to be written and he could theoretically end up without a title, but i'd argue hes the best 21 year old to ever play the game.

I wouldn't trade his future for any other players past, but that's me.
    This was a definitely better reframe of the op question/intent.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

There is LeBron and Kobe. Then there is KD, Wade and Dwight (and maybe Melo). Bosh is the best in the tier just below these two tiers, if you put melo in the 2nd tier.
    Last edited by verbatim; Wed Apr 7th, 2010 at 12:06 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, KD and the Thunder just got fucked with that no call at the end of OT.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote verbatim wrote: View Post
    There is LeBron and Kobe. Then there is KD, Wade and Dwight. Bosh is the best in the tier just below these two tiers.
    I would take Kobe out of that top tier and leave him off of the second tier too. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside those players given how he's played this season ... a clear notch below those players in terms of performances this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information