Game #29: Toronto Raptors 120 - Chicago Bulls 129

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    It's one fucking game, dude. You can be chicken little if you want, but don't be shocked if the rest of us don't think that way.
    It's not just one game though. Our defense has been below average this whole season and part of last season.

Besides, having Casey doesn't really fill me with confidence in the playoffs. He gets out-coached a lot.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I can only talk for my reply, which was more in response to the second paragraph I quoted. I've edited my previous post to make that more clear.

In general, I don't think there is "unfair slanted reffing" either. I think there are bad calls and likely a bit of bias due to reputation, but I honestly think the idea of an anti-Raptor agenda is far-fetched and a by-product of desperate fans wanting everybody to see their team as positively as they do.
      its not an anti raptors agenda, its an anti "have nots" agenda. We are a have not. I dont know why its so far fetched, in fact i think its more far fetched to think otherwise. Nba is big business and marquee teams staying marquee=$$$$$. I think you should google "Lakers kings 2002"
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        its not an anti raptors agenda, its an anti "have nots" agenda. We are a have not. I dont know why its so far fetched, in fact i think its more far fetched to think otherwise. Nba is big business and marquee teams staying marquee=$$$$$. I think you should google "Lakers kings 2002"
        All the more reason why it doesn't make sense, since Toronto (and all of Canada) is a huge market, even for US products.

Would the media and NBA like a 7-game LA/NY championship series? Of course, it would be a huge revenue generator. I just disagree with the premise that there is any conscious effort at the NBA level and/or filtered-down to the referees, to take deliberate steps to make that sort of scenario a reality.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Umm....yes? Their leading scorer, only all-star, and guy who looks to be more important to the team defense than we all thought, was missing. The sub who would probably have been the best defensive matchup for the opposing team's 2nd highest scorer (27 points) was also missing. Also, the game was the second night of a back to back and the Raps got destroyed in the 4th quarter. You're right - the two extra bodies wouldn't have made a lick of difference.

Unless I missed your sarcasm.
          umm demar was in the first game vs chicago. no back to back. rose even left the game due to injury. we still lost.

Comment

• I don't know if the Raptors would have beat the Bulls with Demar, but it would definitely have changed how both teams played the fourth. Demar and Lowry likely would have taken turns initiating the offense, and used both sides of the floor. It wouldn't have been Rose and Lowry essentially duelling for that three minute stretch that broke the game open.

Basketball is more complicated than saying 'X player was on this team when they lost to Y team so he wouldn't have made a difference.' That's just a silly argument. The Rockets are winning without Dwight but only a dummy would think Dwight wouldn't change the way they played.

That's the beauty of basketball -- there's only ten players on the court at once. Even a guy like Landry Fields can completely change how a team plays and looks.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              Lowry did what was necessary.
              So Lowry goes Hero-Ball its "Doing what is necessary", but when Demar does it, it's "Hero-Ball". Got it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                So Lowry goes Hero-Ball its "Doing what is necessary", but when Demar does it, it's "Hero-Ball". Got it.
                IMO when DeRozan gets going he's more dangerous than Lowry. Oh man when he gets in the flow, its like watching an artist at work. I miss DeMar :c

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  IMO when DeRozan gets going he's more dangerous than Lowry. Oh man when he gets in the flow, its like watching an artist at work. I miss DeMar :c
                  You and me both buddy.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

Looooool are you fucking kidding me?

Comment

LOooooooooooooooooooooool no

Comment

...Easy does it Keon. A simple "I disagree" would have sufficed.

Comment

Where the hell did I say that?

Comment

...Easy does it Keon. A simple "I disagree" would have sufficed.
                            i disagree. Still surly from last nights game.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                              I don't know if the Raptors would have beat the Bulls with Demar, but it would definitely have changed how both teams played the fourth. Demar and Lowry likely would have taken turns initiating the offense, and used both sides of the floor. It wouldn't have been Rose and Lowry essentially duelling for that three minute stretch that broke the game open.

Basketball is more complicated than saying 'X player was on this team when they lost to Y team so he wouldn't have made a difference.' That's just a silly argument. The Rockets are winning without Dwight but only a dummy would think Dwight wouldn't change the way they played.

That's the beauty of basketball -- there's only ten players on the court at once. Even a guy like Landry Fields can completely change how a team plays and looks.
                              Demar would have changed nothing.

Bulls are just a better team.

People forget third quarter last time?

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                                Where the hell did I say that?
                                I guess you didn't .. but by defending Lowry's hero-ball as "doing what is necessary" and saying Demar wouldn't have made a lick of difference in the game, I inferred as much. Perhaps I wrong to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X