Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ifs?

Anybody wanna play a game of what ifs??

What if Magic didnt get AIDS? Would Michael Jordan be "The G.O.A.T" or would we all be sayin' "Magic" whenever we are dreaming of making an impossible shot or buzzer-beater?

What if Tmac and Vince Carter stayed in Toronto? Would we have the best inside-outside presence in the NBA today with them and CB4? Would we be contenders?

What if Shaq stayed in LA? Would he and Kobe have surpassed MJ and Pippen as the best one-two punch in NBA history? Would they have gotten more than MJ and Pippen's 6 titles?

What if Kobe decided to push through with his trade request in 2007? Would he have landed with the Clips or the Suns? Would the team be a title holder by now?

What if Garbo didnt get injured during that Celtic game? Would that Raptor team still be intact and atop the eastern conference?

What ifs are depressing man...
    no need dreading on the past
    but it could of been nice if some of these happened, but thats life lol

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
      What if Garbo didnt get injured during that Celtic game? Would that Raptor team still be intact and atop the eastern conference?
      they were only atop the conference by fluke. that team was nowhere near as good as their seeding was.

Comment

only if we had garbo right now this team would be so sick

Comment

aujla wrote: View Post
          only if we had garbo right now this team would be so sick
          and that means no hedo more than likely.

Comment

Anybody wanna play a game of what ifs??

What if Magic didnt get AIDS? Would Michael Jordan be "The G.O.A.T" or would we all be sayin' "Magic" whenever we are dreaming of making an impossible shot or buzzer-beater?
            Just wanted to make a clarification. Magic doesn't have Aids. He's HIV positive. There's a difference.

Oh, and Magic is already the greatest player of all-time.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              Just wanted to make a clarification. Magic doesn't have Aids. He's HIV positive. There's a difference.

Oh, and Magic is already the greatest player of all-time.
              Mah bad. If Magic didnt have the HIV Virus, would MJ still be the G.O.A.T.?

Probably not. I think Magic and him would be neck and neck. hahaha sorry to disappoint you but Magic is nowhere near what MJ achieved during his career. But i stand corrected, G.O.A.T. would probably be Oscar Robertson, accolades aside, he is the only player in NBA history who came close to averaging a triple double throughout his career.

Anymore what ifs you guys can think of?

Oh, what if we stayed with Jamison instead of trading him for Vince? Tmac and Jamison? We probably would have drafted Wade or Kaman instead of Bosh.
              Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Apr 6, 2010, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Stat wise MJ was the greatest, but all-round playing abilities Magic was indeed the better player in my opinion. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

(1) Magic -- Nah, that Lakers team was on the decline and unable to beat the Bulls. It still would have been a Jordan dynasty. Magic's reputation would have grown even larger than it currently is but Jordan would still be considered top dog.

(2) T-Mac + Vince -- Multiple championships for the Raptors.

(3) Shaq staying in LA -- Probably another title. Maybe two. Slim possibility of a third so I think it's pretty doubtful they get to six. They would have added to their account though, definitely got a fourth and fair chance at a fifth.

(4) There was no real chance of Kobe leaving in a trade in 2007. No quality offers for the Lakers to take. Not worth considering any further.

(5) Garbajosa -- I think the Raptors beat the Nets that season but it makes no real difference to what comes after that. The Raps would be slightly better but still on the same trajectory.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

hahaha agree! or disagree? hahaha

Comment

Mah bad. If Magic didnt have the HIV Virus, would MJ still be the G.O.A.T.?

Probably not. I think Magic and him would be neck and neck. hahaha sorry to disappoint you but Magic is nowhere near what MJ achieved during his career. But i stand corrected, G.O.A.T. would probably be Oscar Robertson, accolades aside, he is the only player in NBA history who came close to averaging a triple double throughout his career.

Anymore what ifs you guys can think of?

Oh, what if we stayed with Jamison instead of trading him for Vince? Tmac and Jamison? We probably would have drafted Wade or Kaman instead of Bosh.
                      If we still had those guys(T Mac & Vince) through the '02-'03 season we'd have been a much better team, thus not having a top pick in that draft. Maybe a David West or Kendrick Perkins from a little later in the 1st round could've worked nice.

Comment

What if we got the second pick in 2004 like we all wanted and took Darko instead of CB4?
                        http://www.raptorman.ca/
                        raptorman@rogers.com
                        Discounted Raptor Tickets
                        *No Service Charges*

Comment

Working...
                        X