Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Raptors go after Jared Sullinger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that Boston has a few different bigs which could bring something more complementary to a JV/Amir/PPat rotation than Tyler Hansborough has been this year. (Oddly enough, Hansborough has reduced his value to the team somewhat by becoming a better, more well-rounded player.)

Unless Boston is collecting first-rounders like primary school kids collect hockey cards, though, I don't know if we'll be able to persuade them to deal Sullinger or Olynyk; it we're looking to pry a big away from Boston, it might be Zeller by default.

Comment

Bass and Wright are the 2 they would prefer to move as they'll both be UFA's..
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Bass and Wright are the 2 they would prefer to move as they'll both be UFA's..
        Are they expecting anything more than expirings and maybe a 2nd rounder for either of them? I don't know if we're enough in a win-now mode to bring in a UFA that we don't know whether we'll be able to resign.

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
          Are they expecting anything more than expirings and maybe a 2nd rounder for either of them? I don't know if we're enough in a win-now mode to bring in a UFA that we don't know whether we'll be able to resign.
          I mean look at the Rondo trade, it seems like they just want to upgrade assets however possible. I bet a pick could go a long way. They aren't really competing for much this year so it seems like an someone who will be an UFA at the end of the year is useless to them. The only players I would go after would be Wright/Zeller/Green (for the right price of course). I don't see any others as a) attainable or b) a long-term solution or c) helpful in the short-term.

Comment

Don't want any part of Jeff Green. As for now, I rather see Ross develops instead of trade him straight up for Jeff Green. Don't want Sullinger either, his fat and chubby, a bit better than Baby Big Davis, that's all, not the ideal PF for us.

Comment

Would take a flyer on him for our 1st this year and an expiring. Would definitely not give up Ross for him.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Sullinger and Zeller for hansborough + Steemer+ 2016 1st
                Last edited by Heatdreamer; Mon Dec 29, 2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X