No announcement yet.

Quincy Acy lost respect points from me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worse thing about that foul was that ZERO Knicks had his back. Acy is an old school Knicks kind of player. The rest of those guys need to be sent packing. It was a soft foul, Wall initiated the violence, and Acy ended up surrounded by Wizards. He isn't a fake tough guy either, that could have ended much worse.

What a poorly constructed team.

Comment

anyone actually played organized competetive basketball here?

you can judge anything from this clip alone.

that fight could have been brewing for three quarters and based on all kinds of stuff.

I like Acy, he is a good dude and I'm not gonna judge him based on a 1 minute youtube clip
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

as Blackjitsu mentioned the telling thing there was that Q was surrounded and not a single Knick had his back
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Only things I got from the clip is wall is a pussy and the Knicks team have mailed in the year.

Comment

no one had his back at all.....

Comment

Bash Acy for losing his cool and getting into with Wall.

Bash Aldridge for walking away.

The whole thing is a non issue for me. Pretty standard NBA dust up with no actual punches being thrown and both guys acting a lot tougher once everyone is in between them. It doesn't change the way I think about Acy at all.

Comment

It's a little surprising to me that Acy got suspended while Wall only got fined though. Say what you will about the initial foul but Wall straight up escalated that thing immediately. This doesn't lose my respect for Acy whatsoever. I gained some more for the guy.

And seriously, not ONE Knick had his back? Not even in the pulling him away from the situation? That was all Wizard players? I mean, not even anyone on the coaching staff? That's just pathetic.

I'd say I gained respect for the Wizards and Acy. I WOULD say I lost respect for the Knicks but I didn't have any for them to begin with.
                Last edited by Just Is; Fri Dec 26, 2014, 02:12 PM.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Quincy Acy lost respect points from me

I still have respect for Acy BUT the New York Knicks should feel embarrassed....none of his teammates had his back at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by special1; Fri Dec 26, 2014, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Don't give a fuck about acy.

After this confrontation, still don't give a fuck about acy.

Comment

Q still has my respect. Sure it was chippy, but Wall should have been ejected too for making it worse (compare it to James Johnson's reaction after Drummond body-checked him).

You gotta feel for him though, he's been in shitty teams his entire NBA career (the Craptor years - had a similar incident with Gay after Gay tried to rub in a guaranteed win; last year's Kings that were also shit).

The New York Knicks are the Toronto Maple Leafs/Chicago Cubs/Cleveland Browns of the NBA. Overhyped, overpriced but a perennial shitty product. Although I'm looking forward to see what the Cubs got after they made big moves this offseason.

Comment

Working...
                      X