Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Tariq Black now!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5383/

Played limited minutes with Houston and will get shafted for Josh Smith. This kid is young and plays like there is nothing guaranteed for him. MASAI Get this KID NOW to develop as well! More competition for Bebe and has good hands around the basket @ C. Waive Steimsma, I will miss his cheering....
    Last edited by tonious35; Sat Dec 27, 2014, 02:02 AM.

I think the name of this thread should be "Get Terrence Jones Now!"

Major backlog at 4 for Houston.

Morey is always looking for a first round pick: send Rockets 2015 pick and hansbrough.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      I think the name of this thread should be "Get Terrence Jones Now!"

Major backlog at 4 for Houston.

Morey is always looking for a first round pick: send Rockets 2015 pick and hansbrough.
      Maybe there's a window now, though, with them signing Josh Smith. I was poopooing all over this idea earlier this week though.

Jones is a great piece. Right now the only question with him is whether his current health issue will be a long-term, possibly career-altering/ending concern.

If it's not? Well I doubt they are in a rush to give him up, and think the only way they would is if things go extremely well with Smith's addition. Then I could see them favouring a Howard-Smith-Motiejunas rotation, with Jones being kind of an odd man out. So I don't think he's made available right away at the very least. But they'd have to really explode with Smith. And I'm still not sure Houston would make him available. Again, I think the team would have to really be dominant with Smith, otherwise I see Smith as the stopgap, and Jones as the starter again and core piece moving forward.

If his nerve issue doesn't heal....well then there's no point in going after him.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Maybe there's a window now, though, with them signing Josh Smith. I was poopooing all over this idea earlier this week though.

Jones is a great piece. Right now the only question with him is whether his current health issue will be a long-term, possibly career-altering/ending concern.

If it's not? Well I doubt they are in a rush to give him up, and think the only way they would is if things go extremely well with Smith's addition. Then I could see them favouring a Howard-Smith-Motiejunas rotation, with Jones being kind of an odd man out. So I don't think he's made available right away at the very least. But they'd have to really explode with Smith. And I'm still not sure Houston would make him available. Again, I think the team would have to really be dominant with Smith, otherwise I see Smith as the stopgap, and Jones as the starter again and core piece moving forward.

If his nerve issue doesn't heal....well then there's no point in going after him.
        Health is a must.

Raps fans know how devastating a nerve injury can be.

Comment

Uh... isn't Houston looking to make a trade because it needs a roster spot for Smith? Short of a second trade somehow, we are in no position to help in regards to that, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
            Uh... isn't Houston looking to make a trade because it needs a roster spot for Smith? Short of a second trade somehow, we are in no position to help in regards to that, if I'm not mistaken.
            Rockets waived Tariq to clear that needed roster spot to sign Josh Smith.

Comment

Health is a must.

Raps fans know how devastating a nerve injury can be.
              Yeah...I was crapping on the idea before because it was obviously before this whole Josh Smith situation, and I couldn't imagine the Rockets choosing D-Mo over Jones as the starting PF going forward (D-Mo to me is more of a C/F off the bench, and almost a Hawes type of player). I figured the only way they choose D-Mo is if Jones is completely fubar.

Now it's going to be an interesting situation, though. First thing I'm hoping for is Smith having a hugely positive impact for the Rockets. Then it's Jones coming back healthy before the trade deadline, ideally by at least a couple of weeks. If those both happen, I'd go after him aggressively, since Houston would probably then be strongly considering bringing Smith back as their starting PF going forward.

I love Jones' game, and he was on my list of preferred selections for his draft along with Ross and a couple others (Henson, Harkless...), where basically my thinking was "why not just trade back and get whichever Terrence is still available?"

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Yeah...I was crapping on the idea before because it was obviously before this whole Josh Smith situation, because I couldn't imagine the Rockets choosing D-Mo over Jones as the starting PF going forward (D-Mo to me is more of a C/F off the bench, and almost a Hawes type of player). I figured the only way they choose D-Mo is if Jones is completely fubar.

Now it's going to be an interesting situation, though. First thing I'm hoping for is Smith having a hugely positive impact for the Rockets. Then it's Jones coming back healthy before the trade deadline, ideally by at least a couple of weeks. If those both happen, I'd go after him aggressively, since Houston would probably then be strongly considering bringing Smith back as their starting PF going forward.

I love Jones' game, and he was on my list of preferred selections for his draft along with Ross and a couple others (Henson, Harkless...), where basically my thinking was "why not just trade back and get whichever Terrence is still available?"
                DMo has played very well in Jones and Howard's absences. Surprisingly good D especially at the rim

Comment

DMo has played very well in Jones and Howard's absences. Surprisingly good D especially at the rim
                  Yeah, he's been playing well, but from everything I've seen with D-Mo, he was maybe mislabelled early on as a stretch PF. A lot of his tools work better at the C position, especially defensively because he's not that quick for a PF. And his shot hasn't really taken a step forward, so he's more consistent scoring in more "traditional" ways than as a stretch big at the moment.

Don't think next to Howard is a great fit in terms of being a starting PF. Think he'd fit much better beside a speedier guy, maybe like a Larry Sanders in Milly.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Rockets waived Tariq to clear that needed roster spot to sign Josh Smith.
                    Ah, OK, thanks. So many things to keep track of. :-)

If we want to do anything except a straight-up trade - including signing Tariq Black - before the off-season, we're going to need to find a way to consolidate assets to open up a roster spot ourselves.

Not only that, we have three first round draft picks over the next two years plus this year's second rounder (if he develops). If we are able to resign one of Hayes or Fields on a team-friendly contract at the end of the year, for instance, I'm not sure we have four open roster spots over the next two years, unless we make a two-for-one or three-for-two trade before then.

Comment

Working...
                    X