Game #31: Toronto Raptors 116 - Denver Nuggets 102

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consmap wrote: View Post
    Bogut is out for them so their defense won't be as ferocious... there's a chance.
    Hasn't he been out for a while. I feel they've been playing well without him.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      Hasn't he been out for a while. I feel they've been playing well without him.
      They have, but they do miss his presence, especially on D and the glass.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        There's a chance we lose both, and since it's a road trip against good teams, a higher chance we lose than win....

But you say they're better teams as if it's not even debatable. As if we have to play at an unprecedented level to win. It's more like we're not likely to win unless we play at a high level. Need to bring our A game, and I'm sure they feel the same. If either team played subpar, we could fairly easily beat them. This is the NBA after all, and both we and GSW have lost stinkers to the Lakers on nights where we laid eggs. Can't expect to play subpar games and somehow scrape out a win. Maybe against bad teams, like some of our early victories before we found our rhythm (ie BOS, ORL), but not against good teams.
        No you're right. I just think its more likely that we lose than win. But I'm still praying we at least beat one of Portland or GS.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Aren't all our wins asterisk wins? After all, Toronto is not for real and it's only because of schedule, injuries, weather, food, the butterfly effect, etc....that we win games. We're actually one of the worst teams in the league.
            Lol awesome...now that's sarcasm at its best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This win is VERY impressive. This shows that we are a good team man. They looked extremely tired from the beginning but kept grinding. A+
              Just keep it going. In agreement.

Comment

• I think were gonna burn Lowry out at this rate, Vasquez needs to start playing a whole lot better. He played the entire 4th in the fucking altitude. This guy is a machine
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
                  Even hobbled, Amir is severely underrated. I'd take him over Faried most days.
                  Amir is not underrated. If anything he is overrated. He is not a good rebounder or shot blocker. 2 things we could use in a 4. Ideally that 4 would also play good (team) defence. I like Amir and am happy to have him as a rotation player, but not as our starting 4. Not if we want to win a conference championship or nba title. Might not happen for a year or 2, but we are going to need to upgrade that position at some stage. Again, it doesn't need to be a scorer at all.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    I think were gonna burn Lowry out at this rate, Vasquez needs to start playing a whole lot better. He played the entire 4th in the fucking altitude. This guy is a machine
                    Right! GV playing like shit is what is causing Lowry to have to play so many minutes. He needs to get his shit together

Comment

No you're right. I just think its more likely that we lose than win. But I'm still praying we at least beat one of Portland or GS.
                      I win over GS would legitimize with so called experts. Yes I get we should ignore these guys .....ultimately success of season depends on what we do in playoffs.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        I think were gonna burn Lowry out at this rate, Vasquez needs to start playing a whole lot better. He played the entire 4th in the fucking altitude. This guy is a machine
                        When DD gets back should reduce this burden somewhat.

Comment

Okay bet. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we beat Portland but GS is for sure not happening. The only way we beat GS is if for some crazy reason both Klay Thompson and Curry have an off shooting night. I don't know if you've been watching that team this season but they are unreal. Curry takes and hit shots that just makes you shake your head. You literally have to be up on him right when he crosses the half court line or else you're fucked lol. We are going to have to be overly helping sooo much that it's going to fuck up our whole D.
                          You know what homie. I'm willing to bet we will win both games ! Maybe it's the shit I'm inhaling rn. Or maybe I just got this feeling. We'll win both games
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            You know what homie. I'm willing to bet we will win both games ! Maybe it's the shit I'm inhaling rn. Or maybe I just got this feeling. We'll win both games
                            You in Denver tonight?

Comment

• The numbers say Amir has a much better impact on team play than a guy like Faried.
                              Amir is a decent rebounder and an ok shot blocker. But, those things don't make a defender. Amir is a good to very good defender at the rim against smaller players. He's also an excellent help defender. He struggles against athletic 4s with his injuries, but he's a better all around defender than Faried by a fair margin.
                              Amir's also better offensively, but not in ways that show up on the box score. He sets excellent screens leading to open looks for both the ball handler and spot up shooter. He is a very good and willing passer for a big man. He's also a useful release valve for the offense because he has great hands and finishes in traffic so well.
                              Faried meanwhile is excellent essentially only in ways that show up in the box score. He is an excellent offensive rebounder and he is a top 5 big running in transition.
                              Neither player get plays called for them, but Faried essentially only gets involved in the offense off rebounds or lobs and can't do much beyond that. Amir meanwhile gets involved in almost every play run when he's on the court and he can create a decent look whenever the team's guards need bailing out.
                              Amir also has better adjusted on/off splits, even when hobbled. His splits are less stellar this year due to his ankles, but Amir is consistently one of the best 4s in the league by on/off splits. Faried is not.
                              @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
                                The numbers say Amir has a much better impact on team play than a guy like Faried.
                                Amir is a decent rebounder and an ok shot blocker. But, those things don't make a defender. Amir is a good to very good defender at the rim against smaller players. He's also an excellent help defender. He struggles against athletic 4s with his injuries, but he's a better all around defender than Faried by a fair margin.
                                Amir's also better offensively, but not in ways that show up on the box score. He sets excellent screens leading to open looks for both the ball handler and spot up shooter. He is a very good and willing passer for a big man. He's also a useful release valve for the offense because he has great hands and finishes in traffic so well.
                                Faried meanwhile is excellent essentially only in ways that show up in the box score. He is an excellent offensive rebounder and he is a top 5 big running in transition.
                                Neither player get plays called for them, but Faried essentially only gets involved in the offense off rebounds or lobs and can't do much beyond that. Amir meanwhile gets involved in almost every play run when he's on the court and he can create a decent look whenever the team's guards need bailing out.
                                Amir also has better adjusted on/off splits, even when hobbled. His splits are less stellar this year due to his ankles, but Amir is consistently one of the best 4s in the league by on/off splits. Faried is not.

Its Funny how this one guy is saying Faried is 1ox better than Amir

Amir - 9pts 5reb

Kenneth- 11pts 8reb

Where's this massive difference LMFAO

Also even a hobbled Amir is a better defender then Faried

Comment

Working...
                                X