2015 NBA Draft - An Early Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 NBA Draft - An Early Look

I know this is kinda early of the year but with the Raptors playing this season, we will not be looking at any lottery picks let alone any picks in the Top 20 Range. What we lack if we are able to retain most of the players in the offseason minus the expiring is a PF or a backup C and a wing.

After this season we have
    Lowry/Vazquez
    DeRozan/
    Ross/James Johnson
    2Pat/Hansborough/Bruno
    Val?/

- Lou Will (Resign - our primary target in the offseason, may demand more)
    - Valanciunas (Time to give him a big contract or simply trade him depends on his play)
    - Amir Johnson (Possibly for the vet minimum)

So far in the Top 25-30 Range, I like
    SF - Terran Petteway of Nebraska (Reminds me of a bigger Richard Hamilton)
    PF - Cliff Alexander of Kansas (His stock has gone done, although I do see busts written over this guy)
    PF - Trey Lyles of Kentucky (Could be a steal, plays like Taj Gibson)
    PF - Chris Walker of Florida (Could be a steal in the first round, although he's projected in the 2nd round, reminds me of a Keon Clark)
    PG/SG - Andrew Harrison of Kentucky (A once projected lottery pick has fallen to the second round - if we are to trade Vazquez, I wouldn't mind him as our backup PG)
    PF - Alex Poythress of Kentucky (A once projected lottery pick has fallen to the second round - at the best he could turn into a Tobias Harris, at worst, poor man Anthony Bennett in his Cavs days)
    PG - Kevin Pangos of Gonzaga (Possibly a Steve Nash Clone in a deep 2015 draft)

Anyway, if we win the lottery or somehow trade with a team in the lottery, and let's say we get a top 3 pick, I would say, acquire one of Okafor, S.Johnson or Karl Towns and move one of Valanciunas or DeRozan.

* I don't want to see the Sixers win the lottery again and pick one of Okafor or Karl Towns, then they will have
    Noel-Embiid-Okafor/Towns which on paper looks scary.

* I personally love Okafor's game, he looks like Tim Duncan/Anthony Davis of a good draft year. Although us getting Okafor is very slim.

* I think we may go after a big FA this summer as opposed build in the draft. Hint: Bruno Caboclo

Delon Wright is a really good PG from Utah and he could be in our range. We need start looking for a PG of the future

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

A little early for me - more power to you though. Personally, I'm going to wait until after the deadline when it will be more clear whether we even have a pick and where it will land. And we'll have much more scouting available on the prospects at that point as well.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lou Williams isn't our primary off-season target, don't get me wrong, I like what he brings from the bench to the team but if you really want to take it to the next level then your primary off-season target is Paul Milsap.

Comment

I disagree about building through free-agency. It is inevitable that a team will overpay in free-agency, whereas building through the draft can provide good players on low priced contracts. I agree that it doesn't necessarily make sense to take on a project like Bruno again, but at the same time why not draft for talent, as the ultimate goal is talented players. I like Pangos, although i have a bit of a bias as I love the Zags, and i think he will be around in the second. Other than that i haven't really been paying attention to college ball.

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ght=2015+draft

There have been earlier looks.

Comment

Working...
            X