1) Deensive focus
    2) Rebounding
    3) Lou William end of the quarter shots
    4) Reign in Vazquez
    5) Rest Amir against Bad teams

Comment

Defensive rebounding

Comment

Spelling! You're is a contraction for you are.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          Defensive rebounding
          Giving up 120+ in two of last 5 games we need to improve more on the defensive end. The solution could be more minutes for JJ and LF. Hopefully when DD comes back things will improve.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Giving up 120+ in two of last 5 games we need to improve more on the defensive end. The solution could be more minutes for JJ and LF. Hopefully when DD comes back things will improve.
            After that golden state game I wouldn't be surprised that we are probably bottom mid-20s in the league in defensive efficiency now.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              After that golden state game I wouldn't be surprised that we are probably bottom mid-20s in the league in defensive efficiency now.
              But that makes no sense.

The coach preaches defense.

It is what all practice time is spent on, right?

But in the big picture, who cares?!?!? Check the record foo!!!!

/sarcasm off

Comment

Is it just me, or is JJ really not playing that much lately?
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Checking this seasons Defensive RPM numbers, we have 2 of the worst 25 defenders averaging 25 minutes/game - Patterson and Ross. We have none of the best 25 defenders averaging 25 minutes/game.

RPM has James Johnson as our best defender, but is only averaging a hair over 20 minutes

BTW, JJ has plus numbers both on defence and offence, but Landry is starting despite having negative numbers both on defence and offence.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                    Is it just me, or is JJ really not playing that much lately?
                    Yeah, I wonder if he is playing hurt, because he should be playing more. He seems like the ideal small ball 4, so it makes sense for him to have played last night. You give up some shooting, but PPat wasn't really shooting and with Bogut out Johnson's would've wrecked on the drive.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Checking this seasons Defensive RPM numbers, we have 2 of the worst 25 defenders averaging 25 minutes/game - Patterson and Ross. We have none of the best 25 defenders averaging 25 minutes/game.

RPM has James Johnson as our best defender, but is only averaging a hair over 20 minutes

BTW, JJ has plus numbers both on defence and offence, but Landry is starting despite having negative numbers both on defence and offence.
                      people act like this is not a talent issue. Can't have top defense without the right personnel
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        people act like this is not a talent issue. Can't have top defense without the right personnel
                        Casey's first year he had some pretty awful talent and managed to grind out some good D.

Reality for me is a coach playing lio service and a team with too many people thinkjng they don't have to do the dirty work.

The record might be impressive but this is not going to be a successful playoff team given the track they are on.

Anything less than the second round is a disappointing and wasted season IMO.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Casey's first year he had some pretty awful talent and managed to grind out some good D.

Reality for me is a coach playing lio service and a team with too many people thinkjng they don't have to do the dirty work.

The record might be impressive but this is not going to be a successful playoff team given the track they are on.

Being terrible means teams don't care and better DRtg. Be first in the conference and maintaining defense is the true test. Nobody gears up to play the Knicks.

Comment

One of the things I feel the warriors game revealed is that our best ball handlers (Ross, Lowry, Lou) are undersized for their positions. If you have enough size and athleticism you can really exploit them defensively. Doesn't matter how hard Lowry works, he's still 6'0 tall.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

That first season with Casey was shortened season. I think it was outlier. There were concerns about defense last season. We had one really good month of elite defense and then we went down from there. We don't sneak up on teams anymore. Teams seriously game plan. This team needs way more talent if we want to contend. This team's ceiling is second round imo. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose in first round to Cavs or Bucks.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                That first season with Casey was shortened season. I think it was outlier. There were concerns about defense last season. We had one really good month of elite defense and then we went down from there. We don't sneak up on teams anymore. Teams seriously game plan. This team needs way more talent if we want to contend. This team's ceiling is second round imo. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose in first round to Cavs or Bucks.
                                Ugh

That is a painful flashback.

But yeah, you're right.

Comment

Working...
                                X