Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Talking Trash After Game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300406005

The Raptors don't have that luxury. Every game is crucial, and if Toronto is able to hang on and make the playoffs, which will be difficult with or without Bosh, the Raptors could face the Cavs in the opening round -- a matchup that Toronto guard Sonny Weems wouldn't mind.

"Every game we've played them, it's been real close," Weems said before the game. "I don't think they want that in the first round of the playoffs. We're going to come to play."

James dismissed Weems' comment and didn't want to get involved in any trash talk.

"I'm not getting into that," James said, grinning. "They're having a great season so far."

I usually like this type of trash talk but, i think Sonny should have picked a better spot especially with Bosh quite possibly out for a while and the other teams best player being the best in the league.
    Last edited by rdiaz101; Wed Apr 7, 2010, 01:19 AM.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Weems said it before the game.

Comment

See that's complete B.S, I don't think Sonny is trash talking, he's just stating the facts - that yeah, while the Raptors have lost, they've been close games. What do you expect the guy to say? "Oh brother, I SURE hope we don't meet LeBron in the playoffs!!"

Of course the media relegated it back to LBJ as Weems was trash-talking.
      http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Yeah i think the way they have to play is with confidence and i think they have that against the Cavs, because of the way the games have gone down this year.

Herm Edwards

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
          Yeah i think the way they have to play is with confidence
          Maybe they should pretend they're the Cavs. LeBron sure is a confident dude.

Scott.
          Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Trash talking is when the other team says their gonna use you for practice.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
              Trash talking is when the other team says their gonna use you for practice.
              Yep, that is a bit too arrogant for my taste, too.

Comment

LBJ replies "......They're having a great season so far."

LOL extended.

Great season?? He does have a sense of humour doesnt he...or good with a dagger.

btw...Charlotte has beaten the Cavs 3 times this season. Anyone want to put money on the Bobcats in a seven game series with the Cavs? This in season record bs should be limited to truly the elite teams playing each other where both teams are up for the games to preserve bragging rights and memories when the playoffs come around. Just because a lowly team beats or is close to an elite team during the season means very little come playoff time. There are so many factors during a season's schedule which come into play it is truly the rookies at how the nba operates who are deluded into a false sense of what might.

Comment

Bendit dude, I actually really like the way Charlotte matches up with the Lebrons. If you had to pick three players in the NBA to put on a team to guard Bron - Gerald Wallace, Capn Jack and Tyrus Thomas have gotta be in the conversation.

Wallace can keep up with him in transition, Capn can front him to deny him the ball and Tyrus can swoop over and keep him from getting any easy looks around the basket. He is still going to put up his numbers and the Cavs depth will give bobcats problems, but the key to beating Bron (assuming you don't posses the dominant big man and a plethora of 3 point bombers) is to wear him down over 48 mins and hope that at the end of the game he doesn't have enough legs to bury long jumpers.

In a seven game series, do I think they will win, no of course not, but I think it has a little bit of the Mavs/GS potential (i think the warriors took the mavs 3 outta 4) and would an entertaining, albeit grind it out series.

But I agree with you on the most part, regular season series tells whether you can play with a team, not whether you will beat them.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
                    Yep, that is a bit too arrogant for my taste, too.
                    Yeah but when you win 60+ games u can say things like that .

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                    X