Game #33: Toronto Raptors 105 - Golden State Warriors 126

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    What? He's more mobile than he was last year...
    Really? Looks way slower to me. Especially at the beginning of the season.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

He does seem to be getting slower or at least noticeably less explosive.

Comment

• Comment

*At least that's how he looks to me. Last year it took him until late in the year to get his legs back under him at a decent level. He has solid spring in his movement right now compared to pretty much any time except late last year.
          They played last years game against GSW earlier in the day. He does seem a step slower but, looks much thinner as well. Can't have it all, well except LeBron.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            It's no one persons fault the Raptors lost. Warriors are flat out better. They have the personnel to play a style that most teams can't match or counteract. Props to them.
            I haven't watched much of GSW this year but is this style of play really sustainable? On either end? They look great but it seems like an approach that will break down over time.

Comment

• Slaw: personally, I think the best counter to a warriors is a team like Memphis, that have two highly skilled bigs and great overall defense. Or a team with a superstar player that is straight-up unguardable, like KD.

I wonder how the Bucks would do. Have they played the warriors yet?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                I haven't watched much of GSW this year but is this style of play really sustainable? On either end? They look great but it seems like an approach that will break down over time.
                I agree can't see them beating OKC, Memphis, SA and even Portland playing this style in the playoffs
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  They look better with Bogut healthy in the lineup. He gives them the ability to play pretty much any style they want, and don't really have a clear weakness.

Comment

• Casey tomorrow against the Suns.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      I agree can't see them beating OKC, Memphis, SA and even Portland playing this style in the playoffs
                      What style? Amazing offense and terrific defense? I think it will work out just fine for them if Bogut plays. Even if he doesn't they will win at least a round. Even when they play "small ball" everyone aside from Curry is 6'7" or above so they have advantages, they are just undersized at the 4/5.

Casey is getting way to much heat for going small. It worked in the first half. In the third quarter when GS had there huge run PPat and Amir were playing so they had 3 guards, which isn't unusual.

I also find it annoying how after the win against the Clips, people were playing it off, saying that Western teams don't play hard at home against teams from the east, because that clearly isn't true and I think this game proves that? (hopefully) I mean why would teams not care to play against the best team from the East? Not to mention, every game in the west matters.

Comment

• We need more hood Casey

Comment

• Game 33: Raptors @ Warriors, Friday Jan 2nd, 10:30pm ET, Sportsnet

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          What style? Amazing offense and terrific defense? I think it will work out just fine for them if Bogut plays. Even if he doesn't they will win at least a round. Even when they play "small ball" everyone aside from Curry is 6'7" or above so they have advantages, they are just undersized at the 4/5.

Casey is getting way to much heat for going small. It worked in the first half. In the third quarter when GS had there huge run PPat and Amir were playing so they had 3 guards, which isn't unusual.

I also find it annoying how after the win against the Clips, people were playing it off, saying that Western teams don't play hard at home against teams from the east, because that clearly isn't true and I think this game proves that? (hopefully) I mean why would teams not care to play against the best team from the East? Not to mention, every game in the west matters.
                          We are not the best team in the east, regardless of our record. And the small ball crap did NOT work at all.

Sorry but if streaky GV becomes the one player with the best stat line of the night, you know you just got extremely lucky with that run. It's the equivalent of Alan Anderson winning us big games.
                          Last edited by iblastoff; Sat Jan 3, 2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Atlanta is the best team in a East after yesterday's loss.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• You win some and you lose some. GSW was the better team tonight. Tip your hat and move on. Raptors our a top team in their conference. Teams get up to play them.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

The bold is key.

GS is a good offensive team but they are a great defensive team. They are currently #1 in DefRtg.

Come the playoffs they might not get the fast break points they currently do but they should continue to get the open looks as long as they are moving the ball. They averaged 107 points per game in last years playoffs. Unfortunately they gave up 111.

As long as they keep playing D they will be fine in the playoffs and very tough team to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X