Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Raptors Have Their Radar Set on Two Players From Maccabi Tel Aviv

  1. #1
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Raptors Have Their Radar Set on Two Players From Maccabi Tel Aviv

    Hmmm .... don't know much about either player.

    Toronto Raptors have on their radar two player from Maccabi Tel Aviv, according to One: D'or Fischer and Stephan Lasme.

    The Canadian team has already brought from Israeli team two players during the last years Anthony Parker and Maceo Baston.

    Fischer has still another year of contract with the Yellows but could leave in case of a proposal from an NBA team while Lasme has played 16 games in the League averaging 5.2ppg with Warriors and Heat.
    Source - Click here

  2. #2
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Don't know anything about them but if they can play and they work hard then bring them on.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,960
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ugh, not to dis-count these players or their abilities on the court, but I want the European era Raptors to sist and decease! It hasn't worked the last few years and there's no real reason to believe it will.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Euro experiment needs more athletic players, anyone play defense over there?

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just to split hairs.

    Israel is not in Europe. It is in Asia.

    Also, As a general rule Israel athletes are a lot tougher than European athletes

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I call B.S on this report.

    Why would the Raptors be interested in a Maccabi's backup players?! they aren't even a starters on that team! Marco Bellineli would have been their best player if he was on their team.

    I think just because the Raptors signed 3 of their former players, the agents of those backup players are probably spreading this false rumor so their players get more minutes/bigger roles or contracts down the line.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    here we go again. pass!

  8. #8
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I call B.S on this report.

    Why would the Raptors be interested in a Maccabi's backup players?!
    Because they're cheap and young? If this off-season is a rebuild and they look to make a big moves to change direction they could be left with significant space at the end of the bench.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @Buddahfan...thanks for the clarification...
    I just saw that Fischer is actually American , and Lasme is from Africa.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Because they're cheap and young? If this off-season is a rebuild and they look to make a big moves to change direction they could be left with significant space at the end of the bench.
    No because they aren't good enough to even play bench role in the NBA.

  11. #11
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Have you watched them play?

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Just to split hairs.

    Israel is not in Europe. It is in Asia.

    Also, As a general rule Israel athletes are a lot tougher than European athletes
    um guys, just because they play in israel doesn't mean their israeli or european.. was anthony parker?

    no.

    btw, what ever happened to us supposedly looking at bringing in this dude?

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Rookie Raśl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Both players played college in the USA, Lasme was drafted by the Warriors in the Oden-Durant draft and was waived a few games into the season. He's a undersized PF/C with a great atlethic ability and a nose for rebounds and blocks. He's a great defensive player in Europe with NO offensive game developed. A little better that Joey Dorsey in my opinion.

    Don't know much about Fisher but he lead Maccabi to the Euroleague quarterfinals without having a lot of talent like in the past. He put nice numbers this season but i didn't see him play enough


    About Printezis, he's playing for Unicaja, in Spain, having probably the best year of his career in terms of stats and minutes played but i don't think he's a decent NBA player. He's atlethic, he can rebound the ball and shoot from outside and is a very agressive player but i don't think he has a future in the league

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raśl wrote: View Post
    Both players played college in the USA, Lasme was drafted by the Warriors in the Oden-Durant draft and was waived a few games into the season. He's a undersized PF/C with a great atlethic ability and a nose for rebounds and blocks. He's a great defensive player in Europe with NO offensive game developed. A little better that Joey Dorsey in my opinion.

    Don't know much about Fisher but he lead Maccabi to the Euroleague quarterfinals without having a lot of talent like in the past. He put nice numbers this season but i didn't see him play enough


    About Printezis, he's playing for Unicaja, in Spain, having probably the best year of his career in terms of stats and minutes played but i don't think he's a decent NBA player. He's atlethic, he can rebound the ball and shoot from outside and is a very agressive player but i don't think he has a future in the league

    i would at least give him a chance who knows he could be a good role player like delfino.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know anything about D'or Fisher but Stephane Lasme wasn't an NBA caliber player when last I saw him in the league.

    Lasme was an excellent shot blocker but a mediocre all-round defender who played sub-par man-to-man defense. He was also a below average rebounder and had no offensive game to speak of. He was a borderline 15th man on any team's roster. Unless he has improved a great deal over in Europe, I don't see any point in pursuing him.

  16. #16
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dave wrote: View Post
    Lasme was an excellent shot blocker but a mediocre all-round defender who played sub-par man-to-man defense. He was also a below average rebounder
    Is that not the current Raptors' system? If there are a few things Colangelo values its guys who don't play defense or rebound. Sign this man ASAP!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •