This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Johnson Instagram Post

Late last night James Johnson posted a pic on his instagram showing Scottie Pippen with the quote ' Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team - Scottie Pippen ' .
    I'm not sure how to see this? is this a subtle complaint about his minutes? or maybe a message to some of his teammates or coaching staff? or just a random post on his part? ..thoughts?

Well it's nice to see he genuinely cares. I believe everyone agrees he should be doing much more on this team. In fact, he's more capable of it than most players we have. Sad to see him frustrated but totally understandable. Dwayne Casey is not an elite coach and is learning the game of basketball himself it seems.
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Winning is easy.

When you're not winning the dirty laundry suddenly becomes aired.

I see his concerns but he shouldn't be passive aggressive and airing his views in that manner or forum.

Comment

First Patterson, now JJ. There's a divide in lockerroom.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          First Patterson, now JJ. There's a divide in lockerroom.
          What did Patterson say?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            What did Patterson say?
            "In my opinion we're not as good as we think we are"

Comment

"In my opinion we're not as good as we think we are"
              Hmmm, hard to tell without context, but my gut reaction tells me he's the voice of reason, rather than speaking of a divide in the locker room.

Comment

I'd be pissed to of I wasn't being played in favor of Vasquez or Landry fields who just came back from a concussion.

JJ has proven that he deserves more minutes.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Hmmm, hard to tell without context, but my gut reaction tells me he's the voice of reason, rather than speaking of a divide in the locker room.
                  Maybe. He proceeded to call out everyone. Bigs are not doing their jobs and perimeter guys are not doing their jobs. Something along those lines.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    I'd be pissed to of I wasn't being played in favor of Vasquez or Landry fields who just came back from a concussion.

JJ has proven that he deserves more minutes.
                    It doesn't have to be minutes. Maybe he wanted more post ups or more ISOs. He sees Vas and Lou jacking up shots and they brick so he's like "nothing else is working can I get a try" Who knows.

Comment

http://instagram.com/p/xdkNOAKhlR/
                      Derozan after the loss

Comment

It doesn't have to be minutes. Maybe he wanted more post ups or more ISOs. He sees Vas and Lou jacking up shots and they brick so he's like "nothing else is working can I get a try" Who knows.
                        Yeah Vasquez and Lou get to chuck with reckless abandon but if he ever tried taking half as many shots he knows he will get benched.

Our so called "Defensive minded coach" would rather play 2 defensive liabilities over the guy who's been playing good defense and taking smart shots.

Obviously JJ is a 3/4 and Lou&Vas are 1/2 but James should definitely be getting more burn than them. If they're shots aren't falling Lou/Vas are useless out there. JJ doesn't need to score to be effective out there.

Casey can keep preaching defense all he wants but they're just isn't enough defensive talent of this team right now and some of our better defenders don't get as much playing time as the turnstiles.
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

vasquez cant even get to the rim, jj can consistently
                          id be pissed to

Comment

OP, you can embed instagram posts like you can twitter posts (click the three dots next to "leave a comment", click "Embed" then copy the contents and paste it here).

Here is what JJ posted, if anyone is curious.

Real Life pip

A photo posted by @broke_3 on

Comment

JJ has a very good point, he's shooting 58% and 66% from 2.. I would say most of the 3's he takes are within the flow of the offence so they're shots he should be taking, hopefully they start to fall.

I'm really looking forward to GV's and to a lesser extent Lou's minutes being reduced with Demar back.

Comment

Working...
                              X