Who's gone at the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tonious35 wrote: View Post
    Masai will throw a blind-side shot to our temple again. He's gonna trade Amir Johnson plus others for a player we did not think was available on the market and fills in our need at a position. Ballsy, but a great decision.
    Not unless he gets a better long term player back late ke a Terrence Jones or Batum. Trading Amir does hurt Toronto in the playoffs. Also moist teams can see he is injured.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Playoff usually don't work that way. Not as many opportunities for heat check guys.
      OK, WHAT? Random gems from bench players are essential in a playoff series...What is wrong with this place; Seriously, if you've been watching basketball for...idk, 5 years or less, please don't comment, anywhere, to anyone.

Comment

jamesk wrote: View Post
        OK, WHAT? Random gems from bench players are essential in a playoff series...What is wrong with this place; Seriously, if you've been watching basketball for...idk, 5 years or less, please don't comment, anywhere, to anyone.
        Random bench players becoming playoff hero's don't happen when teams shorten rosters. Lou shot Atlanta out of the first round. He shot under 40% and 31% from three. Considering how many shots he takes that can cost a series.

Comment

Random bench players becoming playoff hero's don't happen when teams shorten rosters. Lou shot Atlanta out of the first round. He shot under 40% and 31% from three. Considering how many shots he takes that can cost a series.
          thats just stupid. did you actually watch that atlanta series?

demar shot 38.5% and 33% from 3 in the playoffs. i guess he shot us out of the first round too. lets get rid of him.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
            Masai will throw a blind-side shot to our temple again. He's gonna trade Amir Johnson plus others for a player we did not think was available on the market and fills in our need at a position. Ballsy, but a great decision.
            I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't surprise me to see Amir gone. But then again, his value can't be very high right now.

Comment

Would very much surprise me to see Amir gone. Ross for a 3 and D guy who actually plays D would me my guess.

Edit: Actually that was more hope than guess. Probably something like a Steamer for a Nando type 3rd PG would be more realistic.
              Last edited by 3inthekeon; Tue Jan 6, 2015, 11:27 AM.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Raptor will be in the playoffs with or without Lou and he's too hot-cold to make a difference in a short series, he also hurts defensively with GV and one will be sat in the playoffs. Western teams fighting for the last spot would value him more.
                What? A short series is exactly where hot/cold shooting has tremendous impact. You back that up yourself with comments about Lou's cold shooting costing Atlanta a series. The inverse would also be true - hot shooting can win you a series, especially one where several games come down to a one or two basket point differential.

Where streaky shooting matters less is during the regular season, where everything tends to even out over the course of 82 games. Where it matters the most is during a playoff series.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Lou is a UFA and TH is TH. The W-L record won't be effected much with or without them. Tank would be trading Ross or Demar. Both are just accessory pieces on expiring deals.
                  Couldn't agree less. Lou has been a HUGE part of our win record this year. He has single handedly won a few games for the Raps this season, is much better defensively than expected. I would like to see him look for options on some of his contested shots.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Would very much surprise me to see Amir gone. Ross for a 3 and D guy who actually plays D would me my guess.

Edit: Actually that was more hope than guess. Probably something like a Steamer for a Nando type 3rd PG would be more realistic.
                    I'd love to get a guy like that.... or a stretch 4.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

i'd love to see him trade vasquez and psycho t but i doubt it happens. who would trade for them?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        i'd love to see him trade vasquez and psycho t but i doubt it happens. who would trade for them?
                        A team looking for D and a Calderon-like PG (Whose gone YOLO King style this year)
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          A team looking for D and a Calderon-like PG (Whose gone YOLO King style this year)
                          Is that a euphemism for "defensive sieve"? Don't see much else similar in their games.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Is that a euphemism for "defensive sieve"? Don't see much else similar in their games.
                            TH serves the same purpose and is better than Scola was. Bench scoring big who can grab offensive rebounds. Scola netted Green, Plumlee and a very late first. Not saying it'll be comparable but PHX, NO and OKC are all fighting for eigth and have no intention of being in the lottery. Other teams may just want to seed higher to avoid GSW second round. TH is cheaper than Bass and easier to fit under the cap or trade for.

Comment

Both can pass very well and shoot the 3 well. In fact, people were saying GV was our new Calderon a lot last year.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Lou is a UFA and TH is TH. The W-L record won't be effected much with or without them. Tank would be trading Ross or Demar. Both are just accessory pieces on expiring deals.
                                Dude its mind boggling how wrong you are. Please tell me you're trolling, how does pretty much the best 6th man in the league not affect the win-loss record of our team? Wtf are you on man lol

Comment

Working...
                                X