Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6-game homestand (Jan 8-18): bounce back or sink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-game homestand (Jan 8-18): bounce back or sink?

We've tracked the previous home-stand and road trip, to predict and evaluate the team's performance, while also hoping to secure bragging rights!

The next 6 games are at home, as DC preaches a return to fundamental defensive commitments. They come home to enjoy 3 straight days off to practice and have no back-to-backs, with DeRozan's return on the horizon.

Currently on a 3-game losing streak, dropping games against the top 2 teams in the NBA (Golden State & Portland) and the hottest team in the league (Phoenix have won 9 of their past 11), will the Raptors bounce back or sink? They've dropped from 1st in the Eastern Conference to 3rd, behind Atlanta and Chicago.

Jan 8 - Charlotte (2nd night of back-to-back, 3rd game in 4 nights)

Jan 10 - Boston (2nd night of back-to-back, 3rd game in 4 nights)

Jan 12 - Detroit

Jan 14 - Philadelphia (2nd night of back-to-back)

Jan 16 - Atlanta

Jan 18 - New Orleans

It's time to let your inner Nostradamus out... how will the Raptors react to their first 3-game losing streak of the season?
    6-0
    17.14%
    5-1
    48.57%
    4-2
    31.43%
    3-3
    2.86%
    2-4
    0.00%
    1-5
    0.00%
    0-6
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jan 7, 2015, 03:03 PM.

4-2 at worst. Charlotte, Boston, Detroit and Philadelphia should be sure fire wins. Atlanta we've already beat but that was early, they've been really really good since. And then New Orleans should be a win but Anthony Davis has the skills (and whistle respect) to steal it.

I'll go with 5-1. Loss the Atlanta.

Comment

0-6

Comment

damn I could see us going 3-3. Boston, Detroit are tough. Atlanta is obviously a different beast from last time we played. New Orleans could be a problem too. I'll go 3-3
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Also the New Orleans game is a 3:30 game on a Sunday. It's at home this time but still worth mentioning.

Comment

5-1

Reason for optimism: Trusting the defensive rust is off and the players are getting some good loving at home

Comment

Anything worse than 5-1 is extremely upsetting.
              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

12-1 with a tie

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  Also the New Orleans game is a 3:30 game on a Sunday. It's at home this time but still worth mentioning.
                  That's probably going to be a loss then

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    That's probably going to be a loss then
                    I'm banking on the fact that our defense has picked itself by then, and that DD's transitioned back in by then also.

Comment

4-2, I think atlanta will beat us, and post josh smith detroit has been pretty good, have a strong rebounding front court and quick guard in jennings, which are both things we've been struggling with.

Comment

I'll go 4-2. If Atlanta continues to play this way, nobody's beating them.

We're due for a trap game here, hmmmmmm.... can't look off Detroit. SVG's looking like a genius right now.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

6-0
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            6-0
                            Yup. Who's afraid of Detroit? Atalnta? pssshhhhhhhh

And none of these are back-to-back? Even better.

Comment

5-1 or 4-2. I was wrong and said 4-2 or 3-3 last time...
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                              X