Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mosgov Trade Signal Tank for Denver? AKA all our wildest dreams are coming true...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Mosgov Trade Signal Tank for Denver? AKA all our wildest dreams are coming true...

So I know Mosgov isn't an all-star or anything, but he is a true Center that serious teams need to seriously compete. Was thinking maybe this move signals a move towards tanking for them? And if so could we actually possibly get a lottery pick out of the Bargnani deal? Would just make that deal get even better! Thoughts? Odds its a high pick for us?

If Denver's tanking, and the Knicks still suck next year, then we could have maybe a high lottery pick!!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

A little too early to start banking on a top 10 pick for next year, but it's definitely within the realm of possibilities.

It looks like New York is going for the #1 pick this year, and if they pair Okafor (or whoever else) with Anthony and a decent free agent signing then you can see them jumping back into the playoffs. At the same time they are a free agent whiff, a Carmelo injury or a little bad luck with the ping pong balls away from being pretty bad again next year.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
        A little too early to start banking on a top 10 pick for next year, but it's definitely within the realm of possibilities.

It looks like New York is going for the #1 pick this year, and if they pair Okafor (or whoever else) with Anthony and a decent free agent signing then you can see them jumping back into the playoffs. At the same time they are a free agent whiff, a Carmelo injury or a little bad luck with the ping pong balls away from being pretty bad again next year.
        Look at the juggernaut NO become once they got AD. They'll suck for most of Melos deal

Comment

Wonder if Wilson Chandler becomes available.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Look at the juggernaut NO become once they got AD. They'll suck for most of Melos deal
            Just read what I said please. Okafor alone is not enough to make them good but if they draft a game changer, have a good free agency and Melo is healthy then they're probably not a lottery team next season in a watered down East.

Comment

Nurkic and Mozgov were redundant. They wont just dump Chandler

Comment

I don't think New York's going to be bad next year. They won't get Gasol, most likely - and he's their target - but so what? They'll have Carmelo, a high draft pick, 1-2 additional star level players and the ability to almost entirely redesign their bench. That'll get them back in contention.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                  I don't think New York's going to be bad next year. They won't get Gasol, most likely - and he's their target - but so what? They'll have Carmelo, a high draft pick, 1-2 additional star level players and the ability to almost entirely redesign their bench. That'll get them back in contention.
                  But who? And who will work within the Triangle. And can work along side Carmelo. You can't bring in another ball stopper, so I'm not sure who New York is going to get that can turn it around by next year.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                    This was the chorus before this season. If crappy depleted rosters could be overhauled in one off season Celtics would have been relevant by now. Fastest crap to turn around still belongs to the Butch Carter Raptors and took 2.5 years.

Comment

I don't know about NY. How much cap room will they have? Seem to have holes everywhere. And the East may not be as bad as it has been.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

i don't think phil is going to swing for the fences. i think, like masai and casey, he and fisher will evaluate team needs, patch holes with intelligent role based players and allow slow progressive sustained improvement.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          i don't think phil is going to swing for the fences. i think, like masai and casey, he and fisher will evaluate team needs, patch holes with intelligent role based players and allow slow progressive sustained improvement.
                          Then trade Carmello away...

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                            Then trade Carmello away...
                            Who wants him and his deal. Bulls wanted Melo@16 not 25m

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Who wants him and his deal. Bulls wanted Melo@16 not 25m
                              There's always our favorite Brown guy from Sacramento....

Comment

Working...
                              X