Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mosgov Trade Signal Tank for Denver? AKA all our wildest dreams are coming true...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

007 wrote: View Post
    I would take Faried and Afflalo, not sure about Chandler though.
    I would take Afflalo if he wasn't likely going to opt out and become a free agent. He's a nice player who could fit in pretty well on our team.

Chandler, again, I just don't see the big fuss. Average wing role player with a worrisome injury history.

Faried I just don't think will be worth the cost, both in terms of assets and paying him 50M dollars.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      how the heck is Chandler still developing? He's been the same player for most of his NBA career. (And oh yeah, he's rarely healthy.)
      He has extended his range, and has become a decent three point shooter, actually highest percentage on Denver at almost 36%

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
        He has extended his range, and has become a decent three point shooter, actually highest percentage on Denver at almost 36%
        He's had that range for much of his career. Shot .300% his rookie year, .328% his 2nd year. He's been about average as a shooter for pretty much his whole NBA career (career .341% and only one season above the .354% he's shooting this season, at .413% a couple of seasons ago). He has not developed anything. He can also be a bit of a chucker and black hole.

Comment

I would take Afflalo if he wasn't likely going to opt out and become a free agent. He's a nice player who could fit in pretty well on our team.

Chandler, again, I just don't see the big fuss. Average wing role player with a worrisome injury history.

Faried I just don't think will be worth the cost, both in terms of assets and paying him 50M dollars.
          His 50m price tag will look like a bargain with the new cap

Comment

He's had that range for much of his career. Shot .300% his rookie year, .328% his 2nd year. He's been about average as a shooter for pretty much his whole NBA career (career .341% and only one season above the .354% he's shooting this season, at .413% a couple of seasons ago). He has not developed anything. He can also be a bit of a chucker and black hole.
            As Denver's best hope from deep a would bet coach gives him a green light

Comment

His 50m price tag will look like a bargain with the new cap
              Not if he's not a good fit. Then it's a 12.5M/year contract for a guy not looking very good on your team. New cap or not, that's a lot of money.

Comment

As Denver's best hope from deep a would bet coach gives him a green light
                He's always had the green light. He just takes the shots he wants to. He took 320 three pointers in his second year, and three times put up 300+, with him being well on his way to shoot much more than that this year.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Because to get such players we would need to trade either picks or prospects. Nobody is giving you those type of players for our garbage.
                  But if there's a time where we could give up picks it's now. Particularly to get players that still have a lot of future and possibly upside. Man, after watching JV and Ross (particularly Ross) for this long, I don't need to see a bunch more rookies getting meaningful minutes. We also still have Bruno and 7 foot buckwheat to develop. I'd give up Ross Ina trade too if it gave us a piece or pieces that made us better. I hate to sell low, because I think he's found it tough without Demar, in a role he's not used to, and I don't think he did much to improve himself this summer, think he could make a leap next year, but if some team values him and is willing to give us value back, in a position where we need it, I'd consider it.

Comment

big boi wrote: View Post
                    But if there's a time where we could give up picks it's now. Particularly to get players that still have a lot of future and possibly upside. Man, after watching JV and Ross (particularly Ross) for this long, I don't need to see a bunch more rookies getting meaningful minutes. We also still have Bruno and 7 foot buckwheat to develop. I'd give up Ross Ina trade too if it gave us a piece or pieces that made us better. I hate to sell low, because I think he's found it tough without Demar, in a role he's not used to, and I don't think he did much to improve himself this summer, think he could make a leap next year, but if some team values him and is willing to give us value back, in a position where we need it, I'd consider it.
                    If you think watching a few young prospects for a mere 3 years is too long, then Masai would pretty much disagree with everything you said here. People are getting way too impatient. I'm probably one of ross's biggest critics as of late but giving him up now would only show a sign of desperation and would surely end up a failed attempt at some win-now move.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      If you think watching a few young prospects for a mere 3 years is too long, then Masai would pretty much disagree with everything you said here. People are getting way too impatient. I'm probably one of ross's biggest critics as of late but giving him up now would only show a sign of desperation and would surely end up a failed attempt at some win-now move.
                      This is kind of the thing.

If you're going to move Ross, it better be for a long-term piece that fits with the core and makes us better over the next 3-5 years at least.

The only piece mentioned who *could fit that bill is Faried. And then it's a matter of opinion on fit and whether he's worthy of shedding assets like Ross and/or picks. Personally he'd be pretty low on my list of preferred PFs for the Raps.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jan 13, 2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Guys... Wilson Chandler, Faried or Afflalo are not the guys who will take this roster over the top. They are not going to turn us into contenders.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Amir is only two year older than Faried pass.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Guys... Wilson Chandler, Faried or Afflalo are not the guys who will take this roster over the top. They are not going to turn us into contenders.
                            so who can we get that would turn us into contenders? we're 25-12 already without tremendous talent. i think we're a big, 3 & D bench wing and a good system away from contention.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                              so who can we get that would turn us into contenders? we're 25-12 already without tremendous talent. i think we're a big, 3 & D bench wing and a good system away from contention.
                              I see nobody who we can realistically get that would make us contenders.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                I see nobody who we can realistically get that would make us contenders.
                                looks like we need a system change (which dc isn't doing. see how the casey issue comes full circle? lol)

Comment

Working...
                                X