W- Clippers
    L-Golden State
    L-Portland
    L-Chicago
    L-Cleveland
    L-Cleveland
    L-Phoenix

1-6

I know some of you will say some teams where HOT and some where missing a certain player but still pretty impressive if you ask me

#GetWellSoon #ProveEm #Klyelowry#NBABALLOT
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

So many asterisk's required here ... LOL

This is really interesting actually. Nice sleuthing Abbas!

Still not sure how people can say that having Demar wouldn't have made a difference in the games which we lost.

Comment

That's crazy. Someone's gonna find some excuse to make for why we lost though, because supposedly Demar means nothing to this team to some.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
        That's crazy. Someone's gonna find some excuse to make for why we lost though, because supposedly Demar means nothing to this team to some.
        This is just silliness.

Anyone who says DeRozan means nothing to the team is, well, wrong.

However the listing of games in above manner is simplistic at best.

Teams play better at different times of the year.
        Raps have been found out - as evidenced by Lowe's piece.
        In with demar games 6 were at home.
        In without 6 were on the road.

The most important piece of information is the chicago games. Raps are effed with or without vs Bulls.
        Great bigs + great coach = toast dinos

Comment

Huge DeRozan fan, but definite asterisks all around. Atlanta wasn't quite the Hawks we see now yet, in either of those games. Memphis lost a bunch of key players to the flu. All the wins with DeMar except for one of the Atlanta games and the Cavs game were at home, whereas all the losses without him except for the one Cleveland game were on the road, including that Phoenix one where the team was clearly just gassed.

But yes, I think with DeMar they would have won at least the Portland game and the second Cleveland game, so he certainly makes a difference. If he's fully healthy, they will be a better team with him back.
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
            Vs Elite/Playoff teams

With DD

W-Atlanta
            W-Phoenix
            W-Memphis
            W-Cleveland
            W-Atlanta
            W- Washington
            W-Milwaukee
            L-Chicago

7-1

Vs playoff teams
            W- Clippers
            L-Golden State
            L-Portland
            L-Chicago
            L-Cleveland
            L-Cleveland
            L-Phoenix

1-6

I know some of you will say some teams where HOT and some where missing a certain player but still pretty impressive if you ask me

#GetWellSoon #ProveEm #Klyelowry#NBABALLOT
            seriously, WAY too many asterisks needed here. we'd all like demar back, but to say the atlanta prior to thanksgiving is the same atlanta post-thanksgiving would be dumb. same with cleveland when EVERYONE was beating them early in the year. and memphis with like 100 players missing. also where do you place the loss to dallas where he played for most of the game? (and shot something like 1/8)

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              This is just silliness.

Anyone who says DeRozan means nothing to the team is, well, wrong.

However the listing of games in above manner is simplistic at best.

Teams play better at different times of the year.
              Raps have been found out - as evidenced by Lowe's piece.
              In with demar games 6 were at home.
              In without 6 were on the road.

The most important piece of information is the chicago games. Raps are effed with or without vs Bulls.
              Great bigs + great coach = toast dinos
              I don't know about that. I think this team can beat Chicago. It was just one awful quarter in each game that toasted them. Also, I feel like both games they got the best possible version of a very inconsistent Bulls team. Do I think the Raptors win a 7 game series against the Bulls? No. Do I think they force it to at least 6 with DeRozan? Yeah, I do.

Comment

I think the Raptors D matches up well against Atlanta's O, actually. Atlanta needs to move the ball - a lot, and the Rap's size, length, and guards jumping the passing lanes really disrupt what the Hawks like to do.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  I don't know about that. I think this team can beat Chicago. It was just one awful quarter in each game that toasted them. Also, I feel like both games they got the best possible version of a very inconsistent Bulls team. Do I think the Raptors win a 7 game series against the Bulls? No. Do I think they force it to at least 6 with DeRozan? Yeah, I do.
                  I made no mention of what effed meant other than losing.

If you lose in 7 or 6 or 5 or 4, the end result is the same and your post is semantics.

The bulls are probably worst possible match up for Raps in east.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    I made no mention of what effed meant other than losing.

If you lose in 7 or 6 or 5 or 4, the end result is the same and your post is semantics.

The bulls are probably worst possible match up for Raps in east.
                    That's fine. I wasn't sure whether you meant the playoffs, or just effed when they played them in general.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      I think the Raptors D matches up well against Atlanta's O, actually. Atlanta needs to move the ball - a lot, and the Rap's size, length, and guards jumping the passing lanes really disrupt what the Hawks like to do.
                      Which is what makes a Hawks-Raptors ECF more fun for us! Its gonna happen....
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        we'd all like demar back, but to say the atlanta prior to thanksgiving is the same atlanta post-thanksgiving would be dumb.
                        Why? They ARE the same Atlanta...

iblastoff wrote:
                        same with cleveland when EVERYONE was beating them early in the year.
                        EVERYONE? If thats the case, then everyone is still beating them ...

iblastoff wrote:
                        and memphis with like 100 players missing. also where do you place the loss to dallas where he played for most of the game? (and shot something like 1/8)
                        100 Players? Man, easy on the hyperbole. LOL
                        Agreed about the Dallas game, so we're 7-2 with DD against Playoff Teams... I'll take it.

While those wins certainly should be taken with a grain of salt, I think you are a bit too far to the other side of "They mean fuck-all". I think everyone of those wins showed translateable skills and abilities that will only improve as the season moves on.

Right now, Playoff series with any of them would be iffy .. but 50 games from now? I'll take our chances against any of them.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Agreed about the Dallas game, so we're 7-2 with DD against Playoff Teams... I'll take it.

While those wins certainly should be taken with a grain of salt, I think you are a bit too far to the other side of "They mean fuck-all". I think everyone of those wins showed translateable skills and abilities that will only improve as the season moves on.

Right now, Playoff series with any of them would be iffy .. but 50 games from now? I'll take our chances against any of them.
                          Joey, you the man!
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

but they arent the same atlanta.

just like how we haven't been the same toronto compared to earlier in the year.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              but they arent the same atlanta.

just like how we haven't been the same toronto compared to earlier in the year.
                              OK, but personel wise, they are. So it wouldn't be DUMB to say that.

But anyway, no team has ever gotten hot before and gone on a run..?

Not to say Atlanta isn't legit good. They are. But I wouldn't say they are any better than we are when we are on our game.

And funny enough, we haven't been the same Toronto since Demar went down ...
                              Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 8, 2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X