No announcement yet.

Game #36: Toronto Raptors 109 - Boston Celtics 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious that people think the "raptors organization" isn't high on JV right now.

The only person who isn't is Casey, and Casey's obviously just high on "pounding the rocks", so who cares what he thinks. He'll be gone next season if Masai really is about winning.

As for body language, I'm seeing frustration, which is understandable to me considering he gets looked off by everyone on the team, gets stranded at least 5 times per game by our shitty perimeter defence, and gets zero respect from officials.

Obviously it'd be great if he didn't get frustrated, but to think that we'd give up on him for it is a joke. Guy's gonna be a really good centre in the league with a competent coach. This is a Demarcus Cousins type situation.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      Hilarious that people think the "raptors organization" isn't high on JV right now.

The only person who isn't is Casey, and Casey's obviously just high on "pounding the rocks", so who cares what he thinks. He'll be gone next season if Masai really is about winning.

As for body language, I'm seeing frustration, which is understandable to me considering he gets looked off by everyone on the team, gets stranded at least 5 times per game by our shitty perimeter defence, and gets zero respect from officials.

Obviously it'd be great if he didn't get frustrated, but to think that we'd give up on him for it is a joke. Guy's gonna be a really good centre in the league with a competent coach. This is a Demarcus Cousins type situation.
      JV is good. but NOWHERE near demarcus cousins.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        not saying he is. just saying it'd be similarly stupid to give up on him, just as the kings would have been stupid to do so.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          not saying he is. just saying it'd be similarly stupid to give up on him, just as the kings would have been stupid to do so.
          Totally agree.

JV is the first real C raps have had since undersized Antonio 'metric h8n' Davis.

It is the hardest position to fill in the game.

He is still raw/developing and improving but scoring 12.5pts on 54/79 shooting with 8.5 Rebs

Raps trading him would be huge regret later

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            Was JV's body language really that bad? He looked pretty amped upast night to me, considering he was having a good night on of fence.
            KHD wrote: View Post

My comments were mainly about the first half, when his offence hadn't been going so well.

And trust me, his body language/behaviour seems different in person. Comes of worse than how it does on TV - especially the way he interacts with the refs. Very childish and immature (almost Cousins-esque actually, lol). Hopefully he grows out of it.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Totally agree.

JV is the first real C raps have had since undersized Antonio 'metric h8n' Davis.

It is the hardest position to fill in the game.

He is still raw/developing and improving but scoring 12.5pts on 54/79 shooting with 8.5 Rebs

Raps trading him would be huge regret later
              Rasho comes to mind lmao

But to think he started going after vasquez and all the whining to the refs is pretty telling of his body language during the games. I could honestly see him being dealt in a trade for a "superstar." Of the five man core, him and ross seem like the ones to be traded imo
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Rasho comes to mind lmao

But to think he started going after vasquez and all the whining to the refs is pretty telling of his body language during the games. I could honestly see him being dealt in a trade for a "superstar." Of the five man core, him and ross seem like the ones to be traded imo
                Did he go after Vasquez? If you're talking about the play I think you are, to me it looked more like Vasquez blamed him for the bucket and Jonas was like "wtf man, what am I supposed to do? I'm guarding 2 guys and you aint doing shit".

It wouldn't be the first time I saw Vasquez blame one of our bigs, basically for his own terrible D.

Jonas doesn't get enough credit. How is his body language supposed to look? He's being treated like crap for the 3rd year in a row. Handled with a combination of kid gloves and scapegoating, while being ignored most of the time and an afterthought to his head coach. I'm amazed he hasn't demanded a trade, or gone Sprewell on Casey. It's a testament to how good this kid's personality actually is that he keeps improving, playing hard, not complaining, and doing his job as best he can. Plenty of young players would become discouraged and/or toxic through such crap

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  My comments were mainly about the first half, when his offence hadn't been going so well.

And trust me, his body language/behaviour seems different in person. Comes of worse than how it does on TV - especially the way he interacts with the refs. Very childish and immature (almost Cousins-esque actually, lol). Hopefully he grows out of it.
                  I don't know, I've seen him 4 times in person and never saw a problem. Have to put this in context since it was a bad first half coming off a 4-game losing streak where many of the same problems were persisting (shitty team play on both sides with guards doing whatever the fuck they wanted).

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    and he's nowhere near as mental either. Cousins was absolutely a problem player. I see a guy who cares and gets frustrated. He's emotional. And, again, JV is nowhere near the finished article. He's probably 3 years away from reaching anything like his potential.

Comment

• For all the random complaining about JV's body language and shit...

No one is noting that he's still banging down low. He's diving after loose balls (probably has hit the ground more than all our non-Lowry guards combined). He's often running over to fallen teammates to pick them up and give them a pat on the back. All very positive things.

Seems to me he just is tired of being blamed for all the team's problems on a team with no accountability. All he wants is to be part of a winning team where guys have each other's backs.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Did he go after Vasquez? If you're talking about the play I think you are, to me it looked more like Vasquez blamed him for the bucket and Jonas was like "wtf man, what am I supposed to do? I'm guarding 2 guys and you aint doing shit".

It wouldn't be the first time I saw Vasquez blame one of our bigs, basically for his own terrible D.

Jonas doesn't get enough credit. How is his body language supposed to look? He's being treated like crap for the 3rd year in a row. Handled with a combination of kid gloves and scapegoating, while being ignored most of the time and an afterthought to his head coach. I'm amazed he hasn't demanded a trade, or gone Sprewell on Casey. It's a testament to how good this kid's personality actually is that he keeps improving, playing hard, not complaining, and doing his job as best he can. Plenty of young players would become discouraged and/or toxic through such crap
                        Im not sure what play it was, jimmi was talking about it, i just took his word for it

And no doubt he should be pissed. And if we were still a lottery team, maybe he would ask for a trade. But we are winning right now so he doesnt have much of a reason to want to go to a shitty team just to get his. Im sure alot of players would rather win and take all the shit he does rather than lose and and get to do whaterver he wants

Comment

• I don't blame JV for being frustrated. Being overlooked constantly on offense, only to see the guards jack up contested shots. Not seeing any floor time in the 4th. To top it all off, being the scapegoat for the defensive woes. I don't see how one wouldn't be frustrated, unless the "one" is Bargnani. (BTW, Bargnani was booed yesterday at the MSG)
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            Rasho comes to mind lmao

unless it's for Wiggins. Won't happen. JV is not the problem. Amir as our starter is a problem.

Comment

• Is anybody else really worried for Detroit? Stan Van Gundy is a great coach... that's a red flag lol.
                              OG is our king

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                                unless it's for Wiggins. Won't happen. JV is not the problem. Amir as our starter is a problem.
                                yea but im sure other teams value jv way higher than amir. He would net you more for less.

personally, I dont want him gone, but damn the more i think about it. if we want to get a star via trade, his name comes up as the main trade peice

Comment

Working...
                                X