Austin Rivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Rivers?

This might sound a little wild but what do you think of getting austin rivers? the celtics are planning on moving him and the raptors can use a young playmaker like him. Steamer + a 2nd would get it done and if he pans out and plays well then Vaz is expendable and can be packaged with a big and a pick for a good pf.

Not a fan of Rivers at all.. he's been pretty bad since he was a rookie, and we have enough guards anyway.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Not a fan of Rivers at all.. he's been pretty bad since he was a rookie, and we have enough guards anyway.
      Toronto could use a point guard but more 3-D type also celtics wanted Rivers and wouldn't just dump him.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Toronto could use a point guard but more 3-D type also celtics wanted Rivers and wouldn't just dump him.
        i doubt celtics actually wants rivers. if he does get moved to celtics, hes probably gonna be immediately moved for something else.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          i doubt celtics actually wants rivers. if he does get moved to celtics, hes probably gonna be immediately moved for something else.
          They wanted him over John Salmons but he might be flipped anyway

Comment

Is this not the groundhog day version of the Jerryd Bayless trade 5 years ago ?
            Bayless didn't work out and Rivers isn't the player that Bayless was at the time...
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

I think it's worth exploring, given the immediate thinness of the guard and wings once DeRozan went down. He'd have to learn defence, though, before earning any significant minutes. Apparently, Doc Rivers is not enthused with the potential conflicts of coaching his own son. Athough his shooting has also left a lot to be desired, Austin is only 22 and did shoot .364 from three last season.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                I think it's worth exploring, given the immediate thinness of the guard and wings once DeRozan went down. He'd have to learn defence, though, before earning any significant minutes. Apparently, Doc Rivers is not enthused with the potential conflicts of coaching his own son. Athough his shooting has also left a lot to be desired, Austin is only 22 and did shoot .364 from three last season.
                Heard Nick Calathes from the Grizzlies is available. Delladova on the Cavs is playing his way out but it has a Chalmers feel to it, he is aggressive and fits the 3-D PG profile.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                  I agree that he is worth a look. As you said he is only 22 and on a rookie deal it's little risk. Certainly has a better chance to pan out than a 2 round pick, which is what I read that clips were thinking about offering. I heard that the other front office people are telling doc the gym to go after Austin Rivers, but man that would be hard for doc the coach and doc the dad I feel like.

Comment

Austin Rivers is the perfect guard for our system. On offense, he "pounds the rock" with And1 mixtape one-on-one dribbling moves, followed by selfish low percentage circus shots. Can't shoot 3's either. He is a sieve on defense who can't keep his man in front of him. Undersized.

Perfect fit.

Comment

there's a reason the clippers don't want to give up a second rounder for him
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Heard Nick Calathes from the Grizzlies is available. Delladova on the Cavs is playing his way out but it has a Chalmers feel to it, he is aggressive and fits the 3-D PG profile.
                        I'd definitely rather go after Calathes than Rivers.

Rivers only made it into the league because of his name. I wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick for him. 2nd round pick has more chance of panning out.

Comment

Working...
                        X