Game #37: Detroit Pistons 114 - Toronto Raptors 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yeah, and I thought that was the angle...but then I'm pretty sure Amir played the whole 1st. If you're going to play one big the whole 1st, why not make it the guy who had 14 and 6 in 8 minutes, and that the other team could not find a way to contain?

That's one of those "feel it out" moments for the coach. It was an opportunity to possibly deliver the knockout blow in the 1st quarter...That's one of the angle I've never been too thrilled with with Casey. For example, it took him until last season to gain any feel for when to actually call a timeout.
    Runs happen anyway. I think it would've been short sighted to tell the team let's put them down quickly. I think we should've slowed down the game after that initial run. They should've put the foot down in 3rd though. We got outscored and couldn't put the foot down.

Btw I think Ross is not gonna start once DD comes back. Casey didn't play him in second half.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
      This forum would explode if Lou took the shot. Like at least to 60 pages. Especially if he missed.
      Really? I don't think it would. I think most people would be fine with Lou taking the last shot. Especially tonight. Lowry looked like he was playing tired all game (except that brief period after he got knocked to the ground by KCP and played hard for a few sequences).

Comment

• #Chill

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
          So maybe he's having second thoughts. Maybe he told a reporter as a show of confidence. Who knows. He's never been hurt for this long. Let him heal.
          If he's not 100% then obviously he should rest and take it easy. BUT IF he's 100% like he said last week, then he should play. It's pretty obvious that the team needs him.

He wants practice??? then play against Philly. That's an in game practice.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            You watching these games?

Because were losing and have lost 4 out of 5 and been terrible since the west coast trip, Our defense is non existent and our offense is just chuck away and hope we make a shot

Not a good strategy to win games
            This is true, but "falling apart" is a bit much. The team has wins to spare because of the great start, so they have much more time than usual to figure it out. Glass half-full approach.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Would it make sense for us to hire , for example , Mike D'antoni and play Pure offense?

We're not a fucking defensive team to play this hard defensive style.. This is more set for like the 97 Bulls, not the Toronto Raptors
              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Really? I don't think it would. I think most people would be fine with Lou taking the last shot. Especially tonight. Lowry looked like he was playing tired all game (except that brief period after he got knocked to the ground by KCP and played hard for a few sequences).

Yeah, maybe you're right, but I still think the "Casey can't think up anything else than a Lou iso" card would be put to play by everybody. It'd probably disappoint me too...

Comment

• Were one of the most undisciplined teams in the NBA, SVG took a timeout in the 1st minute because he didn't like what Monroe was doing. We throw terrible passes and take horrific shots and DC still yelling about our defense which constantly lets anyone go wherever they please.

How many PG's get to the rim at will vs us?
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                    Would it make sense for us to hire , for example , Mike D'antoni and play Pure offense?

We're not a fucking defensive team to play this hard defensive style.. This is more set for like the 97 Bulls, not the Toronto Raptors
                    nah we tried that and it didn't work
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Bulls just lost to the magic. Magic scored season high in points. Fire the coach!
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Bulls just lost to the magic. Magic scored season high in points. Fire the coach!
                        Im really hoping and waiting for the day DC gets canned and lets see what you say LMFAO

#ProveEm?

Comment

Would it make sense for us to hire , for example , Mike D'antoni and play Pure offense?

That could work, especially for 2Pat, but it makes JV a square peg in a round hole.
                          @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            nah we tried that and it didn't work
                            We need to slow the game down like last year

Comment

Its not crazy. At least D'antoni has a system. Don't like his style but Casey is terrible. I said I hated the Celtics win if it just validates this non-existent system. Piston have a really poor roster but Casey lost to SVG.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Runs happen anyway. I think it would've been short sighted to tell the team let's put them down quickly. I think we should've slowed down the game after that initial run. They should've put the foot down in 3rd though. We got outscored and couldn't put the foot down.

Btw I think Ross is not gonna start once DD comes back. Casey didn't play him in second half.
                                But that's kinda my point. "Putting the foot down" can happen at any time, because it's more about breaking the opponent's spirit than any numbers game. If you break that spirit, doesn't usually matter if it's in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Q. And you can't just bank on doing it later, because as you point out, runs happen. I'm of the mind that if you're having a very obviously dominant stretch, you ride it out as long as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X