Game #37: Detroit Pistons 114 - Toronto Raptors 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Yeah but, do you have total confidence that JV will make the right play out of that double team?
    compared to lowry just driving into 3 defenders and hoping for the best? i'd say jonas probably has the better chance to knock something down.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      compared to lowry just driving into 3 defenders and hoping for the best? i'd say jonas probably has the better chance to knock something down.
      When did Lowry do that?
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Im guessing this is for me.

All I'm saying as rational fans you should know that every team goes through a tough stretch. Especially when one of your best players is injured. Its like you guys actually expected to be a better team without your All-star.
        No, we saw 3 years of Casey. Casey is fine to remain mediocre, but do you want to remain mediocre as a fan?
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Casey is as dumb as the rock he's pounding.
          Lmfao
          2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            No, we saw 3 years of Casey. Casey is fine to remain mediocre, but do you want to remain mediocre as a fan?
            I don't how you can look at Casey's last three years and call him mediocre. Is this not the best raptor team in history? People keep saying that were a first round exit. Until it actually happens you can't look at Casey's track record here and call it mediocre.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

When did Lowry do that?
              He actually went through 4 Brooklyn defenders before getting stuffed by Pierce forcing it up against 3 of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMFDIYbOh7M

I love Lowry, his heart, his hustle, and his big shots. But I don't like Lowry/DD one-on-five plays to close out games. They had six seconds and they didn't even pass the ball - set one screen and forced up a shot after nearly getting stripped. That will happen in the playoffs again, where you're playing better defenses that are prepared for your plays. No stat padding against poor teams who aren't ready/can't defend a pick and roll.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I don't how you can look at Casey's last three years and call him mediocre. Is this not the best raptor team in history? People keep saying that were a first round exit. Until it actually happens you can't look at Casey's track record here and call it mediocre.
                Casey's best year is worse than Thibs worst. Plus the three forgettable years before being a staggering +6 over .500.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Feeding Jonas doesn't necessarily mean he needs to force up a shot. The offense (as a whole) flows much better when we're playing inside-out basketball.

At the very least, feeding Jonas has potential to draw a 2nd defender (especially on a night when his was cooking in the first half). Kick it out and swing it to the open shooter.
                  That is absolutely how we should be playing. Facilitates ball movement and open shots. It's important for JV to work on that skill. Read the double team if it's there, when to post up individual defender, when to attack the double team, when to pass out of the double team. And Amir is fine in that roll as a hi low post tandem... Not as a primary option but an option for JV to kick it to for open shot or lane to the rim.

Comment

And what about Raptors history? Aren't they historically awful? Like one of the worst teams in history record wise? 48 win season as their current record in the East, isn't this self explanatory? Casey benefited from internal growth and Masai's trades, what Casey has done in those three years? Have an improving record? Sure, he started from 0.3 I believe, it's not very difficult to improve from that point. Reached playoffs, and lost to Brooklyn, team which is attrocious this year and was swept by Miami last year? Fine, that's OK and OK means mediocre. With this mindset Raptors will never win a championship, by just trying to be a little bit better than previous Raptors teams.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Feeding Jonas doesn't necessarily mean he needs to force up a shot. The offense (as a whole) flows much better when we're playing inside-out basketball.

At the very least, feeding Jonas has potential to draw a 2nd defender (especially on a night when his was cooking in the first half). Kick it out and swing it to the open shooter.
                      He posted up from his typical spot 10-12 feet out on the left block at least three or four times in the 3rd quarter. He got the ball a few more times from that spot without posting to hand off. From those post ups (IIRC) he had one turnover, one pass out leading to a turnover that wasn't his fault, one wild drive where he drew FTs and he passed out of the other.

He was hot, but Detroit adjusted to guard against those inside looks in the second half. What was left for JV was a relatively mediocre forced look backing Drummond down from 12 feet with a looming double. Since, JV does not have a great track record of making a good play passing out of a double I'm not surprised the team looked elsewhere.

The buckets he did get in the second half were a couple of putbacks and at least one great looks rolling to the basket in the flow of the offence. He didn't need touches for the sake of touches, he needed more of those.

At the end of the game, he'd played 10:31 straight. He was probably gassed.
                      @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
                        He was hot, but Detroit adjusted to guard against those inside looks in the second half. What was left for JV was a relatively mediocre forced look backing Drummond down from 12 feet with a lSince, JV does not have a great track record of making a good play passing out of a double I'm not surprised the team looked elsewhere.
                        That's your franchise centre. Who needs to gain experience. You live and die with it during the regular season. Feed him touches. What's the alternative? The iso ball we've been playing to little success and most of our frustration? Jonas is progressing very well, has shown a steep learning curve, and for this team to be elite, they need him to be elite, which I think he can be in time. You gotta live and die with his growing pains.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                          That's your franchise centre. Who needs to gain experience. You live and die with it during the regular season. Feed him touches. What's the alternative? The iso ball we've been playing to little success and most of our frustration? Jonas is progressing very well, has shown a steep learning curve, and for this team to be elite, they need him to be elite, which I think he can be in time. You gotta live and die with his growing pains.
                          Way better than Ross's ones.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                            It's better if Lou will take the shot, make the mistake, gain the experience sign a deal with another team during the offseason.

Concerning what TeamEd wrote, I see you don't dig JV, it's obvious. But how many times have JV shot the ball during the last 4th quarter minute during his career in Toronto? It would be hilarious if you can recall something. If he wasn't given opportunity how can you judge him and compare and contrast?

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              It's better if Lou will take the shot, make the mistake, gain the experience sign a deal with another team during the offseason.

Concerning what TeamEd wrote, I see you don't dig JV, it's obvious. But how many times have JV shot the ball during the last 4th quarter minute during his career in Toronto? It would be hilarious if you can recall something. If he wasn't given opportunity how can you judge him and compare and contrast?
                              Casey Logic - JV doesn't score in the second half of games hence don't give him the ball since he doesn't score in the second half of games.. Applies to playing time as well.

Comment

• Other teams have adjusted to us and now are exploiting us quite easily. If us fans can see these glaring problems, NBA teams are also seeing this.

-Use the pick and roll often because the Raptors let the ball handler go right to the rim almost every single time. That happens because we do not ICE

- Have a patient offense, make the Raptors rotate a million times because that's the defensive system and they love to over help constantly. That's Casey's system and eventually you will get an open shot.

- Attack the boards because Raptors don't rebound and whenever JV isn't in the game it gets to 10x easier.

- Raptors perimeter players shoot a lot of contested and down right terrible shots
                                ( Mainly Lou, GV, Ross)

Bottom line is other teams are figuring us out and it's not that difficult either. As long as Casey refuses to adjust/tweak the game plan other teams will exploit us over and over again.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X