Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2010 World Cup South Africa Thread

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes ... more bad news. This time for England. Looks like the captain Ferdinand is out now too with a knee injury.

Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Security fears on eve of World Cup as fans injured in stampede at warm-up match

By Christian Gysin
    Last updated at 8:04 AM on 7th June 2010

Fears over how South Africa will deal with 350,000 visiting supporters to the World Cup were highlighted after a terrifying stampede at a pre-tournament friendly.

Ten people were taken to hospital - with one police officer suffering serious injuries - after 1,000 spectators rushed to get into the friendly match yesterday between Nigeria and North Korea at the Makhulong Stadium in Johannesburg.

Disturbing scenes showed children being taken away with blood pouring from their faces.

cont on link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...mup-match.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't seen the new Nike World Cup commercial here it is:

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily for my Oranjes they might still get Robben back but not for the first game,

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/wor...gainst-denmark

and as far as I'm concerned I'm fine with him not playing in the group stage at all!we had the same situation with him and Van Persie in Euro 2008 when we were paired up with Italy and France, they weren't fit enought to play full games but we still destroyed our competition. Russia was just bad luck but Robben didn't play that game, and Van persie didn't play in the first half. Still though, its the world cup, and you never know whats gonna happen in the group stage.

Hup Hup Hollanda

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a cool gadget/calender for everyone to keep track of the World Cup!

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/...o-english.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Here's a cool gadget/calender for everyone to keep track of the World Cup!

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/...o-english.html
    I can just go to Fifa.com which is way better....

Post Thanks / Like

WOW .... what a finish to the New Zealand/Slovakia game. Simply amazing for the All Blacks.

Post Thanks / Like

First upset of the World Cup. The Swiss beat Spain 1-0. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

FML Spain lost xD
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Post Thanks / Like

That loss hurt.

All's not lost, but this is a huge wake-up call for the Germans.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't liek cats and we should prolly lay off this guy. but, howls.

won't embed just follow link

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/article...ches-rob-green
    Last edited by LBF; Fri Jun 18th, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc, your Germans got lucky today

Post Thanks / Like

Germans totally demolished the English :O

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gurk wrote: View Post
    Doc, your Germans got lucky today
    Lucky? Yes, once with Lampard's missed call, but what about the other 89 minutes?

England did not deserve to move on. Bias aside, the better team won today.

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to the Germans for playing such a well executed game. It's fun to watch a team play so crisply and in control. Though it's a shame about that missed goal for the English. One has to wonder if the game would have had a different outcome had the goal been called. The German's prolly still would have one but still...

That's what really pisses me of about soccer, that with so much riding there is far too much room for error on the part of the refs. Fifa needs to get with the times and implement some form of instant replay/reviews!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Fifa needs to get with the times and implement some form of instant replay/reviews!
    Well they have been discussing goal judges ala the NHL (sit behind each goal), so after today I imagine they will put something in place. I don't foresee them implementing instant replay though.

Post Thanks / Like

Goal judges huh? I guess that's a step in the right direction. Hopefully that pans out.

Raptors Republic Rookie JattDoGG's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That disallowed goal was an absolute disgrace to all nations, not just England. If that happened to any team in this tourney i'd feel gutted for them.

We all know Blatter and Fifa have always talked about Fair play but just dont buy into it. This cock up should never have happened as extra ref's and goal-line technology should have been implemented a very long time ago.

I think Fifa needs to make a statement here, ban these refs for a cluster fuck and at the same time take responisbility for a lack of inaction on the Fifa Fair Play slogan.

Not to mention to change this 2 yellow card rule. Two yellows in two games=red is also a fucking sham and is ruining the worldcup games.

Anywho back to the game.

While of course i wanted my England to win, from before the cup even started i was telling everyone that this England side was the weakest i've seen in a long time. I knew we wouldnt make it far.

The germans as usual played an excellent, well executed game. It kind of reminds me of what england used to be like.

When your giving up goals like most of the ones Germany scored today, you just aren't world class at all.

Our defense looked confused and lost out there. Rooney was useless and inaffective.

Lampard who i dislike was one of the only midfielders trying out there. I think Ashley Cole was the best defender on the day. Kudos to him, David James, and Lampard for showing some heart out there. The rest of you wankers should be absolutely disgusted with your perfomance.

Capello's lack of inaction (substituting) and the changes he did actually make were pathetic. I mean we werent running up front so you decide to put Heskey in? Fuck sakes i love Heskey but in this type of game you just cant bring him in!

I think that disallowed goal was definitely a game changer..That said, at the end of the day i still think Germany would have taken the game as they showed more passion/desire to get the ball and put it in the net.

Wish Germany all the best in the next round. They need to keep this momentum and not get too big headed about this thrashing. Germany is notorius for big games and then cockin up.

Go Germany, Go Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Well said JattDogg. This World Cup more so than any other Cup in recent history has been marred by poor refereeing-how many goals on offsides have been allowed! Just now Argentina's first goal against the Mexicans clearly should have been disallowed due to offside. SMH. In a sport where one goal can be an absolute momentum changer, there needs to be more emphasis put on getting the call right!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Lucky? Yes, once with Lampard's missed call, but what about the other 89 minutes?

England did not deserve to move on. Bias aside, the better team won today.
    lol Doc you quoted me on something I said on Germany's last game. Not the England one

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information