2010 World Cup South Africa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Ugh ... this isn't a good start for my team. Ballack is out for the World Cup.

Link: http://tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=321808
    Bah, Ballack was bad for chemistry anyway. Who needs him.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
      Bah, Ballack was bad for chemistry anyway. Who needs him.
      I think we'll be fine and yes Ballack isn't the same player of 4 years ago, but with such a young team its nice to have those older veteran players there too.

We'll be fine though. Bastian Schweinsteiger will be there to pick up the slack.

Comment

I think we'll be fine and yes Ballack isn't the same player of 4 years ago, but with such a young team its nice to have those older veteran players there too.

We'll be fine though. Bastian Schweinsteiger will be there to pick up the slack.
        Ballack was the only player I have ever seen get angry with a teammate for playing in a cross that sailed too far for him to reach. To me, young players don't need that kind of attitude. Schweinsteiger is good. I don't think Germany has the firepower though to keep up with teams like Spain and Argentina.

Comment

Another one bites the dust. This time its Didier Drogba.

Man, I guess this is what Chelsea gets for winning the English Premier this year. First Ballack and now Drogba.

Source - Click here

Comment

Another one bites the dust. This time its Didier Drogba.

Man, I guess this is what Chelsea gets for winning the English Premier this year. First Ballack and now Drogba.

Source - Click here
            Broken arm huh... That's pretty crappy. I would have been rooting for le Cote D'Ivoire!

Comment

Yikes ... more bad news. This time for England. Looks like the captain Ferdinand is out now too with a knee injury.

Source - Click here

Comment

Security fears on eve of World Cup as fans injured in stampede at warm-up match

By Christian Gysin
                Last updated at 8:04 AM on 7th June 2010

Fears over how South Africa will deal with 350,000 visiting supporters to the World Cup were highlighted after a terrifying stampede at a pre-tournament friendly.

Ten people were taken to hospital - with one police officer suffering serious injuries - after 1,000 spectators rushed to get into the friendly match yesterday between Nigeria and North Korea at the Makhulong Stadium in Johannesburg.

Disturbing scenes showed children being taken away with blood pouring from their faces.

cont on link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...mup-match.html
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If you haven't seen the new Nike World Cup commercial here it is:

Comment

Luckily for my Oranjes they might still get Robben back but not for the first game,

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/wor...gainst-denmark

and as far as I'm concerned I'm fine with him not playing in the group stage at all!we had the same situation with him and Van Persie in Euro 2008 when we were paired up with Italy and France, they weren't fit enought to play full games but we still destroyed our competition. Russia was just bad luck but Robben didn't play that game, and Van persie didn't play in the first half. Still though, its the world cup, and you never know whats gonna happen in the group stage.

Hup Hup Hollanda

Comment

Here's a cool gadget/calender for everyone to keep track of the World Cup!

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/...o-english.html

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                        Here's a cool gadget/calender for everyone to keep track of the World Cup!

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/...o-english.html
                        I can just go to Fifa.com which is way better....

Comment

WOW .... what a finish to the New Zealand/Slovakia game. Simply amazing for the All Blacks.

Comment

First upset of the World Cup. The Swiss beat Spain 1-0. I love it.

Comment

FML Spain lost xD
                              Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

That loss hurt.

All's not lost, but this is a huge wake-up call for the Germans.

Comment

Working...
                                X