We are just not that good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    fact: 14-3 with the easiest schedule mostly playing at home.

11-9 including insane west coast trip.

secondly, we were touted as one of the deepest teams in the league. lowry was basically an all-star last year and will be this year.
    LOL......did you forget that we also had 6 straight games vs. below .500 teams right before that west coast trip? I'd say that makes it even.

Face it dude....this team is just not very good without Demar (I would say we're a .500 team). They slipped defensively as well. I seen it coming and i'm not surprised at all. We've had 20 games without him and its obvious now. We had fans salivating at the opportunity it would give TRoss (you were one of them).....now reality sets in and people are saying we just suck. Well maybe you guys are all right.....but i'm not buying it until everyone goes back into their "normal roles".

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
      LOL......did you forget that we also had 6 straight games vs. below .500 teams right before that west coast trip? I'd say that makes it even.

Face it dude....this team is just not very good without Demar (I would say we're a .500 team). They slipped defensively as well. I seen it coming and i'm not surprised at all. We've had 20 games without him and its obvious now. We had fans salivating at the opportunity it would give TRoss (you were one of them).....now reality sets in and people are saying we just suck. Well maybe you guys are all right.....but i'm not buying it until everyone goes back into their "normal roles".
      exactly. it does make it pretty much even which actually refutes your silly stance on the win record difference. thanks!

its totally believable that you thought our defense would slip this huge without demar. lol bullshit.

and dude, since when was i ever a big fan of ross. i barely even liked him last year. but nice try.

Comment

Ross has been major disappointment.

Problem is he is playing for a coach who pigeon holes players.

Put him in Atlanta or San antonio and it could be scary.

Notice I said could. I question his maturity as a professional.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          I still feel like we've played way more "easy" games than hard ones. But yeah you're right, there is still a chance.
          Sure we've had some easy games...But things are always a bit more complex. We also won the majority of our "easy" games, and laid an egg for a couple of them that probably should've been wins. But we're still just talking maybe a couple of wins. LAL, CHA and PHX games were really the "bad" games, and PHX one I forgive as road fatigue.

The conservative view would be that we're probably somewhere between how we looked with DeMar and the easy schedule to start the year, and how we looked without him over a fairly tough stretch the last month-plus.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Maturity...Personality....I don't know what it is, but he basically need a swift kick in the head or something.

Someone compared him to Bargs, and you know, that sounds about right. I mean think of it...If Bargs had the body of a SG, don't you think he'd be about the exact same player as Ross?

Just doesn't seem to have the drive necessary to make the most of his tools. Coasts a lot. Makes poor decisions seemingly just because he doesn't want to try to make the higher % but more exerting play.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              You're drunk.
              They shut it down because that is the stupidest idea ever proposed on this forum.
              Lmfao haha
              Oh man
              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

san antonio would easily maximize his potential with pop in his face all the time. no dumb shots or mental lapses for him

Comment

Can't really judge them without demar !! The defence has dropped too much in his absence , and YES I believe we will win 50 still.
                  2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                    Can't really judge them without demar !! The defence has dropped too much in his absence , and YES I believe we will win 50 still.
                    of course we'll hit 50 (if we don't casey is gone for sure). we need to go at least 25-20 to hit 50 which is not that hard.

Comment

why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
                      The dictators on this site however decided to lock it for whatever reason.
                      Yup, that's us. Find one other person here supporting your proposal and I'll reopen it.

Comment

They will still winm 50 games. People need to relax lol.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          exactly. it does make it pretty much even which actually refutes your silly stance on the win record difference. thanks!

its totally believable that you thought our defense would slip this huge without demar. lol bullshit.

and dude, since when was i ever a big fan of ross. i barely even liked him last year. but nice try.
                          WTF are you even talking about?? Right.....now i remember why i used to ignore your posts. Trying to make sense of your statements....*face palm*

Did i say that i thought our defense would slip this huge? The fact that it did kinda makes you even more mad doesn't it? Remember your comments about Demar being a one dimensional chucker who couldn't play defense and would never make the all-star game or Team USA.... Shows how much you really know!

About Ross......you mean you barely even liked him after the playoffs right?? LOL

Stop it.....I don't need to try anything with you. I just let you sink your own ship. Speaking of which.....I really thought you disappeared after driving your tank into the ocean.
                          Last edited by special1; Tue Jan 13, 2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                            san antonio would easily maximize his potential with pop in his face all the time. no dumb shots or mental lapses for him
                            Or he'd maybe wash out of the league

Comment

What is that good?

What were your expectations?

If you were thinking ECF or Finals - disappointment abounds.

If you were thinking 2nd round exit - still possible.

If you were thinking 1st round exit - you just might be right.

The Raptors team as a whole - coaches and players - just don't seem to have a very high basketball IQ.

I'm finding it really difficult because the style of play they are playing goes against all my basketball beliefs and principles.
                              When did mcHAPPY complete his transformation into a Buddhist monk?

All his posts now seem to be written like this.

It makes me feel like he has some secret to the universe.

I must break free of these extended haikus!

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Or he'd maybe wash out of the league
                                if austin daye can go for 22 and 10.....

Comment

Working...
                                X