No announcement yet.

We are just not that good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who is sick of the Derozan "All-Star" narrative?

Well...
    1) Being All-Star isn't an indication of being a good player.
    2) Lowry deserved to be an All-Star over him.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• can't get too high or too low. This stretch been crazy discouraging but for some reason I feel like if they could of just pulled off the portland game the mood on these boards would be completely different
      "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        Am I the only one who is sick of the Derozan "All-Star" narrative?

Well...
        So Demar's not a good player?

Comment

• why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
          So Demar's not a good player?
          He is, when he's moving the ball around and not forcing long jumpers. (Admittedly, he's gotten better limiting them recently.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

He is, when he's moving the ball around and not forcing long jumpers. (Admittedly, he's gotten better limiting them recently.
            Really hope I don't eat these words but think the derozan returning from injury will be derozan 2.0 as far as decision making is concerned. Not like a light switch but there will be very evident differences in his decision making after a 21 game reflection / study period. I doubt very very highly we see the exact same derozan.

Comment

Disagree. He's at his best when he's taking contested fade away long two's. In fact I cringe every time he passes the ball or whenever he drives to the basket.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                Really hope I don't eat these words but think the derozan returning from injury will be derozan 2.0 as far as decision making is concerned. Not like a light switch but there will be very evident differences in his decision making after a 21 game reflection / study period. I doubt very very highly we see the exact same derozan.
                Agreed. Hopefully he takes more contested jumpers.

Comment

The thing with DD is that when he comes under pressure, he goes back to his comfortable game of forcing long jumpers. (As seen in the playoffs)
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

I'd like to see more Team USA DeRozan - Lowry, too. There's enough offensive talent on this team already, but both of those guys and Casey see their role as Kobe-lite, especially with the game on the line. The team will take a step forward if they switch gears and become Duncan-lite or LeBron-lite instead.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Am I the only one who is sick of the Derozan "All-Star" narrative?

Well...
                      how the fuck could someone be 'sick' of that narrative? weird thing to be mad about.

Comment

The thing with DD is that when he comes under pressure, he goes back to his comfortable game of forcing long jumpers. (As seen in the playoffs)
                        what's wrong with that? DD averaged 23 ppg on 55 ts% in the playoffs. More jumpers please.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I'd like to see more Team USA DeRozan - Lowry, too. There's enough offensive talent on this team already, but both of those guys and Casey see their role as Kobe-lite, especially with the game on the line. The team will take a step forward if they switch gears and become Duncan-lite or LeBron-lite instead.
                          That would be horrible. Team USA derozan was boring to watch.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            how the fuck could someone be 'sick' of that narrative? weird thing to be mad about.
                            Because being an All-Star is based on popularity rather than quality of player. I feel it's overstates his impact.

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing it now and then, but most posts about DD have some reference to him being an all star. It's as annoying as #NBA Ballot.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

People always talk about the game slowing down for players with experience, which Imo it has begun to for derozan, as evident by his increasing ability to know when to draw fouls by attacking the rim. I think this time off, the coaching meetings and extra film time, as well as being forced into a spectators point of view will further slow the game down and implant a coaches narrative into his decision making train of thought

Comment

• The problem, as I see it, is that what's needed is better perimeter defense. Opposing guards & wings are getting into the paint with ease. KL, TR, GV & LW have to do a better job of forcing their man towards the sidelines & away from the middle. When JJ, AJ & JV have to rotate to help, someone is being left open for an easy basket. Offensively, too many low percentage attempts early/late in the shot clock without the ball being moved around. Why are we making it easier for opposing defenses and harder on ourselves?

Comment

Working...
                                X