No announcement yet.

We are just not that good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ross would be fine in Atlanta. I know I keep saying it, but I'd love DMC here...........
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
      if austin daye can go for 22 and 10.....
      Buying in and putting up the effort. Would Ross do that? Daye also mostly rots on the end of the bench, and is just happy to have an NBA job. Not like he's made the most of his tools either.

Comment

If we keep Ross around bet let Lou walk I will be pissed, at least Lou usually finds other ways to produce

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          When did mcHAPPY complete his transformation into a Buddhist monk?

All his posts now seem to be written like this.

It makes me feel like he has some secret to the universe.

I must break free of these extended haikus!
          No, it just shows that he gave up on the team, and that's sad. I kinda understand/support him.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Ross has been major disappointment.

Problem is he is playing for a coach who pigeon holes players.

Put him in Atlanta or San antonio and it could be scary.

Notice I said could. I question his maturity as a professional.

yeah I see that all the time put him on San Antonio and he could be scary but the thing is: Popovich might not even be interested in players like that. Here he says it in interview. They get guys that are self-motivated and he doesn't motivate them or tells them about focus. And Pop is not afraid of getting rid of a player either. So I doubt Ross would be so much more successful with San Antonio than Raptors
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Buying in and putting up the effort. Would Ross do that? Daye also mostly rots on the end of the bench, and is just happy to have an NBA job. Not like he's made the most of his tools either.
              nah forget about that 22 and 10. He sucks. He's still shooting .352 from the field.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                [video=youtube;EC-h9t6v9jA]
                yeah I see that all the time put him on San Antonio and he could be scary but the thing is: Popovich might not even be interested in players like that. Here he says it in interview. They get guys that are self-motivated and he doesn't motivate them or tells them about focus. And Pop is not afraid of getting rid of a player either. So I doubt Ross would be so much more successful with San Antonio than Raptors
                Yeah, I remember that. I didn't watch the clip you posted, but I remember it being something along the lines of "if I have to get the guy motivated, that's not a guy I'd want on the team in the first place".

Comment

why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
                  Because derozan doesn't do anything for us so he wouldn't have made any difference at all which is why I proposed this idea:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?14610-Should-we-quot-Josh-Smith-quot-Derozan

The dictators on this site however decided to lock it for whatever reason.
                  Without even discussing DeRozan's fit with this roster, you have to admit he has trade value within the league.

It's just bad asset-management to let him go without getting anything in return.

It would be the equivalent of leaving your car in a parking lot with the engine running (instead of selling it).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Without even discussing DeRozan's fit with this roster, you have to admit he has trade value within the league.

It's just bad asset-management to let him go without getting anything in return.

It would be the equivalent of leaving your car in a parking lot with the engine running (instead of selling it).
                    Right...hence why no one, not even the biggest critic of DeMar, would buy in to such a stupid idea. Especially when you factor in this guy posted the idea in response to a rough stretch where DeMar WASN'T playing, and the premise was an addition by subtraction argument to give the team a boost....with a guy who's already been "subtracted" through injury for over a month...

Comment

why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
                      Because derozan doesn't do anything for us so he wouldn't have made any difference at all which is why I proposed this idea:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?14610-Should-we-quot-Josh-Smith-quot-Derozan

The dictators on this site however decided to lock it for whatever reason.
                      I think it is fairly obvious that stupidity was that reason
                      Ball Don't Lie

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Right...hence why no one, not even the biggest critic of DeMar, would buy in to such a stupid idea. Especially when you factor in this guy posted the idea in response to a rough stretch where DeMar WASN'T playing, and the premise was an addition by subtraction argument to give the team a boost....with a guy who's already been "subtracted" through injury for over a month...
                        no need to explain. he doesn't actually think it's a good idea

Comment

On a serious note, this is why I argued that the wait-and-see model is essentially unassailable until after the fact. Every counter to the "we're not good enough" argument was "wait and see" or "be patient."

Well, now is the time to follow your own advice. There are ups and downs in a season, and at least we got some very valuable information out of this stretch. I want to preface this by saying that this info is made murky by us having a tougher schedule than we did when he was in the lineup, but I am comfortable that these would hold up even with a slightly easier schedule.

1. The debate that TRoss is better than DeMar or could easily replace him is almost dead. Most of the flaws that were noted in college, particularly his inability to drive into the paint, are now apparent. He is not Ray Allen. He is probably a 3+D player, which can still be very useful.

2. Removing DeMar as some kind of boon to our team because he is inefficient is a misguided notion. Ross seems incapable of shouldering a larger burden, and more playing time for Greivis is absolutely disastrous to our defense, regardless of whether his shot is falling. Part of the reason DeMar is inefficient is poor shot selection, but part of it is also being The Man. But he's not some kind of albatross to the team.

3. The quality of a coach's decisions are not fully reflected by regular season record. We've seen this so story so many times before, from Vinny Del Negro to Mike Brown to Mark Jackson, that hopefully it will someday sink in. There haven't been many positive indications that Coach Casey is a playoff coach. I am rooting for him to improve and to separate himself from the aforementioned names, but he has been unconvincing in this regard.

white men can't jump said in another thread that progress isn't always linear, and he is 100% right. We might stagnate this year but take a big step next year with more financial deadweight cleared away.

The only reason I harp on getting Val a bigger role is because it seems like the only really major thing we can do while we "wait and see". This is what patience looks like when you re-sign your coach to a three year deal.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            On a serious note, this is why I argued that the wait-and-see model is essentially unassailable until after the fact. Every counter to the "we're not good enough" argument was "wait and see" or "be patient."

Well, now is the time to follow your own advice. There are ups and downs in a season, and at least we got some very valuable information out of this stretch. I want to preface this by saying that this info is made murky by us having a tougher schedule than we did when he was in the lineup, but I am comfortable that these would hold up even with a slightly easier schedule.

1. The debate that TRoss is better than DeMar or could easily replace him is almost dead. Most of the flaws that were noted in college, particularly his inability to drive into the paint, are now apparent. He is not Ray Allen. He is probably a 3+D player, which can still be very useful.

2. Removing DeMar as some kind of boon to our team because he is inefficient is a misguided notion. Ross seems incapable of shouldering a larger burden, and more playing time for Greivis is absolutely disastrous to our defense, regardless of whether his shot is falling. Part of the reason DeMar is inefficient is poor shot selection, but part of it is also being The Man. But he's not some kind of albatross to the team.

3. The quality of a coach's decisions are not fully reflected by regular season record. We've seen this so story so many times before, from Vinny Del Negro to Mike Brown to Mark Jackson, that hopefully it will someday sink in. There haven't been many positive indications that Coach Casey is a playoff coach. I am rooting for him to improve and to separate himself from the aforementioned names, but he has been unconvincing in this regard.

white men can't jump said in another thread that progress isn't always linear, and he is 100% right. We might stagnate this year but take a big step next year with more financial deadweight cleared away.

The only reason I harp on getting Val a bigger role is because it seems like the only really major thing we can do while we "wait and see". This is what patience looks like when you re-sign your coach to a three year deal.
                            with all the trashing i do about ross, apparently its the coaches telling him to keep tossing up that wussy floater which i assume would negate any chances of getting fouled most of the time.

“[The coaches] tell me as soon as I get into the paint, try to jump up and float it in there,” Ross said.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              with all the trashing i do about ross, apparently its the coaches telling him to keep tossing up that wussy floater which i assume would negate any chances of getting fouled most of the time.

“[The coaches] tell me as soon as I get into the paint, try to jump up and float it in there,” Ross said.
                              That.. why Casey? WHY?
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

and for what its worth, we're still #7 in hollinger power rankings haha.

the only other east teams in the top 10 are the hawks obviously, and the crazy underdog bucks of all teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X