We are just not that good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I feel like the changes we made in the summer have not helped. Picking up Lou seems to have made GV want to shoot more. JJ looks like he's a better player than Ross. And what has Steamer done? Nothing. He's a literal log on the bench.

Demar getting injured sucked, and now people see our flaws. What can we do?
    I'd still rather have Lou and Vasquez off the bench compared to Salmons and Vasquez last year.

But you're right about Vasquez mentality. He's got to remember he's a PG first.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I'd still rather have Lou and Vasquez off the bench compared to Salmons and Vasquez last year.

But you're right about Vasquez mentality. He's got to remember he's a PG first.
      I feel like we could've dumped Salmons and signed up De Colo as well as JJ. Maybe then GV would've been fine... and if not, De Colo could've been a playmaker for us instead. But we'll never know.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Yeah it sucks that raptors haven't been playing well,but everyone needs 2 relax. I'm not worried,however this team does need 2 make significant changes off season. Yes they will make the playoffs,maybe get through the second rd,however it's no where close 2 championship team. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride this year and c where it leads. I have faith in Musai.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I feel like we could've dumped Salmons and signed up De Colo as well as JJ. Maybe then GV would've been fine... and if not, De Colo could've been a playmaker for us instead. But we'll never know.
          WE'll probably know next year.

Raps still own rights and I thought I read they intended to bring him back next year.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            WE'll probably know next year.

Raps still own rights and I thought I read they intended to bring him back next year.
            That'd be good..... we get him back, bring in Carroll from the Hawks, ship out Ross for a PF, sign up JJ, TH, maybe Fields or Lou and I'd be happy.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Not much has changed big picture. This season is a "show me" season for the players and the coach, and that doesn't change whether they're first or fourth. Two or three of these core players will be with the team moving forward, but otherwise you want to try to land a top 10 talent and with all the short contracts half the roster (at least) will have changed in 2 or 3 seasons when you hope to really be contending.

For big picture, the next 1-3 years are much more about Ujiri than they are about Casey, DeRozan, or Lowry. The ball's really in MU's court re: taking the next step to top-tier contender.

As a fan, I still just want a competitive season and a second round playoff appearance. That's definitely progress. Long-term, I hope JV keeps developing and becomes a top 3 center. He has the potential to be more valuable to this team than anyone else on the roster. There are far more talented guards in the league than 7 footers.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                Not much has changed big picture. This season is a "show me" season for the players and the coach, and that doesn't change whether they're first or fourth. Two or three of these core players will be with the team moving forward, but otherwise you want to try to land a top 10 talent and with all the short contracts half the roster (at least) will have changed in 2 or 3 seasons when you hope to really be contending.

For big picture, the next 1-3 years are much more about Ujiri than they are about Casey, DeRozan, or Lowry. The ball's really in MU's court re: taking the next step to top-tier contender.

As a fan, I still just want a competitive season and a second round playoff appearance. That's definitely progress. Long-term, I hope JV keeps developing and becomes a top 3 center. He has the potential to be more valuable to this team than anyone else on the roster. There are far more talented guards in the league than 7 footers.
                I feel Jonas is a solid guy now, he just is slower than most elite C's. But he has worked on his post game, and if we teach him to to the line, we'll be better off.
                Axel wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

At this point I am more concerned about the psychological fragility of the team...not sure whether there is a truly galvanizing leader in the locker room. That was not a game to have lost...after the first half play. Giving up 66 points in a half, letting Jennings go off and KL's t/os and holding the Pistons to about 42% while being over 50....damn.
                  Last edited by Bendit; Tue Jan 13, 2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

my expectations this season were:

- 48 wins or less.
                    - tough first round with hopeful 2nd round playoff appearance.
                    - top 10 offense / defense again.
                    - predicting patterson and vasquez not shooting as well as they did last year (i was right about vasquez. patterson has been overall shooting really well except teams now chase him off the line so hes been kind of useless lately)

i've never thought this team was a legit contender nor good enough to get to the ECFs. and clearly the blowout losses in golden state/phoenix really shook the team up. DD coming back should at least help the team mentally if anything.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      That hot start was the best and worst thing that could've happened.
                      Actually I don't see anything negative really about the hot start. We took advantage of a easy schedule against non playoff teams or teams that were getting their chemistry together. Sure, it made us look better than we were, but I think most people knew that already. Now that the competition is getting tougher the early head start has created a nice little buffer so we can gradually settle into where our playoff seeding should be.

I guess the let down for the people whom got caught up with the early winning can be seen as negative.

Comment

I feel Jonas is a solid guy now, he just is slower than most elite C's. But he has worked on his post game, and if we teach him to to the line, we'll be better off.
                        Slower than which elite Cs? There really aren't a plethora of fast Cs in the league or anything.

The best C in the league right now is probably Gasol....He's pretty far from being fast.

Comment

I felt like this was a ECF team at best, but that was me banging that Ross would jump up this year. I was wrong. JV took the jump, albeit a small one. James Johnson coming back and being this good has been the biggest shock for me. I just hope that DD is back against Philly.
                          Axel wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Slower than which elite Cs? There really aren't a plethora of fast Cs in the league or anything.

The best C in the league right now is probably Gasol....He's pretty far from being fast.
                            Aldridge, Howard and Cousins are all faster and meaner in the post. I feel Jv needs to show off his agressiveness more.
                            Axel wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Aldridge, Howard and Cousins are all faster and meaner in the post. I feel Jv needs to show off his agressiveness more.

bizarre comparisons. aldridge and howard have been in the league for around 10 years already. aldridge definitely didnt have any post moves in his first few years.

cousins is a PF.

Comment

Aldridge is a PF.

Cousins is a bit faster, but not by a margin that is that big. He's also more like a Pau, in that he can play PF and C. Mostly Cousins footwork is better/quicker, but he was a polished post player coming into the league. He's not exactly lightning quick in other areas, nor is he Usain Bolt getting up and down the floor.

Howard is one of the most athletic Cs in the history of the game....and his post game is actually pretty awful. It's probably the least effective part of his game. And he's not the Howard 5-6 years ago. He's clearly lost a bit of speed.

But guys that have similar speed (give or take, small margins though) than Jonas off the top of my head.....The Lopezes, Vucevic, Marc Gasol, currently old Pau, Miles Plumlee (Mason's pretty fast, but also a PF/C), Alex Len (who I bring up because he is starting for PHX), Tiago Splitter, Steven Adams, Andrew Bogut, Al Jefferson, Tyler Zeller, Timofey Mozgov, Roy Hibbert, Marcin Gortat, Omer Asik.

Again, there are just not that many guys who are actually considerably faster, especially if you focus on guys that fit the bill as true Cs. In other words, ignoring guys like Aldridge, Horford, Bosh, and Davis (and whoever else I'm forgetting) that play at both spots and are really PFs.

Comment

Working...
                                X