Toronto-Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto-Minnesota

I know it was brought up in the ESPN Lockdown (Pelton or Ford I can't remember), so how about this:

To TOR: Thad Young

To MIN: Landry Fields, Tyler Hansbrough and Lucas Nogueira

and yes it works in the Trade Machine.

Thoughts?

jpaps wrote: View Post
    I know it was brought up in the ESPN Lockdown (Pelton or Ford I can't remember), so how about this:

To TOR: Thad Young

To MIN: Landry Fields, Tyler Hansbrough and Lucas Nogueira

and yes it works in the Trade Machine.

Thoughts?
    I'll preface this by saying I don't really understand the love for Thad Young around these parts. I think he's a solid player, but I'm not convinced he actually fits very well on the team.

All that said, I'd fully accept a trade that brings him here in a configuration similar to this, but I'd be very reluctant to give up Bebe. A centre prospect, even one who might be a bench big, is too valuable to me. I'd rather try to give them a 2nd rounder or two.

Comment

I thought about the 2nd rounders but Toronto doesn't have any till 2017 and I don't think minny cares about getting 2 2nd rounders in 2017 and 2018

Comment

I thought about the 2nd rounders but Toronto doesn't have any till 2017 and I don't think minny cares about getting 2 2nd rounders in 2017 and 2018
        It's tough to give up more though, because Young will probably opt out of his contract and become a free agent this summer. Giving up a 1st rounder for a rental is exactly the kind of thing Masai said he would not make (doing things that only benefit this season). And I think giving up a guy like Bebe could easily fit into that logic as well.

Comment

But isn't there a chance the Bebe isn't that good. The guy is already 22 and hasn't really shown any flashes. Maybe you could sell high on him right now. I hope I'm wrong but there's not much to go on

Comment

But isn't there a chance the Bebe isn't that good. The guy is already 22 and hasn't really shown any flashes. Maybe you could sell high on him right now. I hope I'm wrong but there's not much to go on
            Then you're selling low. If Bebeshows anything he is more valuable. Biyombo still has some value. A #16 pick two years ago with almost zero minutes is almost worthless in trade.

Comment

i'm with wmcj, i'd do this but not at the cost of bebe. casey loves playing psycho t at SF and it NEVER works at least with thad it'd somewhat work and he'd be an upgrade.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I mean someone's position on this kind of trade comes down to their opinion on Amir. Cuz a trade like this would push Amir to back up centre...I think Thad would help as an upgrade to at least space the floor, especially if JJ is gonna start (which he should over Ross)

Comment

I mean someone's position on this kind of trade comes down to their opinion on Amir. Cuz a trade like this would push Amir to back up centre...I think Thad would help as an upgrade to at least space the floor, especially if JJ is gonna start (which he should over Ross)
                  Raptor have a lot of guys around 6' 8-9" that aren't really SF or PF. Another one can't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                  X