Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tristan Thompson declines $13 million from Cavs! ... Ummm, wanna play for the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
    Tristan didnt refuse 13M$/season. His representatives did. Apparently, they think they can earn more commission by holding out for more years OR more millions per year. Don't hate the player. Hate his agent.
    Players always have the final say.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Players always have the final say.
      Players can't read legal documents. Moreover, they have neither the time nor the ability to gauge/follow their own market value. Hence the need for an overpaid remora/intermediary.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
        Players can't read legal documents. Moreover, they have neither the time nor the ability to gauge/follow their own market value. Hence the need for an overpaid remora/intermediary.
        True, but doesn't negate what I said.

Agents advise. Players choose.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          I'd rather see Harris than Thimpson
          You're not getting Harris.

I'd rather have Anthony Davis than Thomas.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            You're not getting Harris.

I'd rather have Anthony Davis than Thomas.
            Orlando has big money tied up in Vucevic.

THey have a lot of high draft picks making big rookie deal money.

Those guys are going to be up for extensions.

If you offer $12-14M (closer to $14) which is what his agent is reportedly looking for, you might give small market Orlando reason to pause.

$14M per year is more than Vucevic is going to get starting next season.

Overall though, I agree it is unlikely due to the nature of RFA. But since TT is a restricted free agent I'd rather see big money thrown at Harris than TT.

Comment

Orlando has big money tied up in Vucevic.

THey have a lot of high draft picks making big rookie deal money.

Those guys are going to be up for extensions.

If you offer $12-14M (closer to $14) which is what his agent is reportedly looking for, you might give small market Orlando reason to pause.

$14M per year is more than Vucevic is going to get starting next season.

Overall though, I agree it is unlikely due to the nature of RFA. But since TT is a restricted free agent I'd rather see big money thrown at Harris than TT.
              Magic are more than likely to Mach 14mill for Harris methinks
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

The magic will not let him go, plain and simple. Only way I see him leaving is if he wants out to become an unrestricted FA.

Comment

I rather c Marc Gasol for that kind of money,add few million and ure contending for championship. I'm not buying into JV. Tristan Thompson,his Canadian,good player,but his nothing more or better than Amir Johnson,if that..
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Magic are more than likely to Mach 14mill for Harris methinks
                    Probably.

What happens if you throw in ridiculous trade bonuses? Approval needed for trade? Player options?

That is what Dallas did to get Parsons.

Comment

Probably.

What happens if you throw in ridiculous trade bonuses? Approval needed for trade? Player options?

That is what Dallas did to get Parsons.
                      Poison pill?

I hope at least Masai tries to aquire Harris

Ross has disappointed thus far
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I like TT. Harris doesn't really fill a need. JV needs help rebounding in the front court.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

His development has been stunted in Cleveland and he might be looking to play someplace where his minutes aren't so sporadic. I like his defense and energy, but there isn't much else to be offering 13mil...
                          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

having a hometown guy on the team would be huge provided he is also exactly what the team needs
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I like TT. Harris doesn't really fill a need. JV needs help rebounding in the front court.
                              Wait a second.... weren't you the one stating, I believe to me, that JV was a poor rebounder?

Comment

Amir is the more experienced player, has great offensive/defensive rebounding IQ, but has repeatedly said that TT has been a problem matchup. Even says he sees a great future in him. So, with more years, and like Amir himself, given proper coaching or mentorship, he'll be really good. I'd take him for the right deal.
                                The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                                Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                                www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                                http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Working...
                                X