Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the hell did we pass on K.J. McDaniel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the hell did we pass on K.J. McDaniel?

This kid has got major game and went in the second round... I know we had him in for 2 assessments before the draft but why didn't we grab him?!
    I know I will get jumped on but how about Ross straight up for this kid. Literally shoots and chases for his own rebound. Seriously MU.... Why didn't you grab him!?

He wouldn't get any minutes
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Honestly there is nothing wrong with KJ except his mother

I bet she will cause major problems for him down the line

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Honestly there is nothing wrong with KJ except his mother

I bet she will cause major problems for him down the line
        What do you mean by that?

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
          I just said ditch Ross... Start JJ... And McDaniels bench SF. He brings intensity, unlike Ross.

Comment

I'd like to see KJ on a team that's not the 76ers before offering Ross for him.

Comment

Contests every shot (usually blocks it), chases every board and can score... I'd give Ross in a heart beat. This guy 8s a rook, Ross will NEVER have 5hat compete level

Comment

KJ is almost the same type of player as JJ except he shoots better and drives worse

Comment

jonnywalker wrote: View Post
                  KJ is almost the same type of player as JJ except he shoots better and drives worse
                  But he is a ROOKIE. We keep wishing and hoping for Ross to drive, I would bet money on this guy being far better at it. I like the JJ comparison, definitely agree, he is going to be a really good player.
                  And JJ is twice the player we saw tonight... When he starts.

Comment

man..I liked him during draft but there were so many bad signs like he's 6'5, SF, bad 3 point shot, did horribly during combine. Sometimes you overthink things I guess.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Steal of the draft, I don't think the Sixers will be too ready to trade him.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        man..I liked him during draft but there were so many bad signs like he's 6'5, SF, bad 3 point shot, did horribly during combine. Sometimes you overthink things I guess.
                        Go to NBA.com and read steph curry's scout analysis prior to draft.. You will see things like too small, lacks quickness and explosiveness, will struggle to get shot off at the NBA level.

Not in any way saying that K.J. is anything like curry skill wise just pointing out that combines don't show everything.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                          Go to NBA.com and read steph curry's scout analysis prior to draft.. You will see things like too small, lacks quickness and explosiveness, will struggle to get shot off at the NBA level.

Not in any way saying that K.J. is anything like curry skill wise just pointing out that combines don't show everything.
                          Yeah and sometimes guy can have everything length, size, touch but it just doesn't come together for whatever reason. And sometimes it just goes according to scout analysis.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Agreed. While he does bring intensity on defense, he's pretty bad on offense. And he gets all the playing since the Sixers are a lottery team. Not the same case for the Raptors who are a playoff contending team, so very few room for errors, hence even JV and Ross have shorter leashes.

And yeah, blocks straight to the lower bowl look nice, but it's not very productive as the ball can be kept in play and lead to an easy fastbreak, w/c is why when Javale McGee did the same thing, it was on Shaqtin a fool.

Comment

you can still get him in the offseason, hes on a one year deal and i doubt hed wanna go back to philly
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                              X