Nik Stauskas is available in exchange for front court help to the Kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i've been as big of a ross critic as the next person on here, but one thing i'm seeing is his body language is just his general demeanour. he doesn't show a lot of emotion on the court. who cares. thats just how he is. he has the same body language as last year and no one was complaining then.

amir johnson says the same thing. when he was injured and had to watch games on the couch, he'd get super excited and nervous WATCHING his team, but he said when he was on the court, it was a completely different feeling and would be super calm in game. that doesn't mean amir johnson doesn't give a shit.

also doc rivers already said he saw ross every single day in the offseason in the clippers local practice gym training and playing. thats hardly a sign of disinterest.
    I find most of the criticism against Ross is the same kind as the "JV flails and complains a lot"

-----------------

As for Stauskas: Dude is gonna be a baller. I love his skill set, he has everything offensively, and is incredibly smart so team defense will come with time. The Kings are making him look bad.

Unfortunately short of Amir I don't know if we can get him. Bebe is a gem to us, but not really to anyone else...

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
      Maybe Philly bites, but why would they trade away their young good talent for young, as yet unproven talent?
      Maybe we could step in as a facilitator.
      no. with a guy like lou, we need to make our own trade. not throw him in so some other teams can complete theirs.

DENVER GETS: Lou Williams
      SACRAMENTO GETS: Wilson Chandler, Greg Stiemsma
      TORONTO GETS: Nik Stauskas (absorbed with the Steve Novak trade exception), Derrick Williams

This trade is made with the belief that Lou, while he's been great, is likely not going to return next year and it is time to sell high. Denver gets cap relief for next year as they continue to rebuild. We turn Lou and Steamer into Nik and Derrick Williams - Williams is an expiring who can perhaps provide some frontcourt relief, and Nik gets a chance to try and develop with us as a heat check guy.
      struggling nik stauskas and unsure-of-what-position-he-wants-to-play derrick williams is no way selling high on a potential 6th man of the year candidate. i wouldn't mind nik coming in a trade for fields but derrick williams quite literally does nothing for us. he's undersized at PF (and would only take minutes away from JJ at SF), doesn't play good defense and grabs less than 6 boards per 36 minutes.
      Last edited by tDotted; Fri Jan 16, 2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I don't think the Raps can win a title this year, and I don't think Lou is the difference between making it out of the first round of the playoffs and not making it. To me, that means he's expendable. Derrick Williams might work out and he might not; certainly he's a solid rebounder and not-bad defender, and that's something we need right now.
        Ya know, we do need an "oh-shit" dead eye 3pt Shooter to kick out to, and another Emergency James Johnson. Defensively, we are definitely gonna suck, but we are expecting our defense to take a dump

Comment

With the relationship the Kings gm (Pete D.) has with Masai I'm sure this has already been kicked around. On the other hand if this has hit the airwaves it must mean to a certain extent the Kings are not getting interesting bites.. so far.

ps...didnt Ranadive get his fanbase expertise to help with this pick?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            With the relationship the Kings gm (Pete D.) has with Masai I'm sure this has already been kicked around. On the other hand if this has hit the airwaves it must mean to a certain extent the Kings are not getting interesting bites.. so far.

ps...didnt Ranadive get his fanbase expertise to help with this pick?
            Yeah, but I guess now that he's had a few months to think about it, Stauskas isn't jazzy enough for him....

I'm waiting for him to hire DJ Jazzy Jeff as head coach. After all, he loves out of the box thinking.

Comment

Toronto out: Fields+TH
              New York out: Bargs
              Sac Out: Strauskas
              New York In: Expiring
              Sac In: Barge
              Toronto In: Stauskas

Don't even want Stasuskas, just want to screw over Sac

Comment

Ummm, no.

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  I find most of the criticism against Ross is the same kind as the "JV flails and complains a lot"

-----------------

As for Stauskas: Dude is gonna be a baller. I love his skill set, he has everything offensively, and is incredibly smart so team defense will come with time. The Kings are making him look bad.

Unfortunately short of Amir I don't know if we can get him. Bebe is a gem to us, but not really to anyone else...
                  Agree with the bold. I think he can be a Steph Curry lite: Good handles, can pull up from anywhere, and in his last season showed better court vision too.

That being said, I don't think the Raps have the assets to get him. I also don't think its a great fit. I think he needs the ball in his hands a lot to fully realize his potential.

Comment

Stauskas looks like scared pussy when he's on the floor. Well, I saw only few early Kings games so not sure about now.

Comment

i think the Kings are shopping Stauskus because the more they see of him, the more they believe he has a chance to be the next Adam Morrison.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

This is the Kings.. Lets go after McLemore.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          i think the Kings are shopping Stauskus because the more they see of him, the more they believe he has a chance to be the next Adam Morrison.
                          I think it has more to do with fact they drafted Nik after a loss of faith in McLemore.

McLemore is now playing well so they are trying to fill holes in other places from a perceived position of strength in SG

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            I think it has more to do with fact they drafted Nik after a loss of faith in McLemore.

McLemore is now playing well so they are trying to fill holes in other places from a perceived position of strength in SG
                            but...1-2-3 NIK ROCKS!

jesus that was one embarrassing draft room call.

Comment

TH + our 2015 1st rounder for Stauskas? I'd do that. I think Stauskas can develop into a Kyle Korver clone. Great off the bench or in the starting lineup to spread the floor. Our 1st rounder this year would only get us a bench player at best so I'm fine dealing it. TH is almost certainly not coming back. He gets most of his minutes at center and I'm sure Masai would rather have a larger player fill that role in the future (Bebe?).

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                                TH + our 2015 1st rounder for Stauskas? I'd do that. I think Stauskas can develop into a Kyle Korver clone. Great off the bench or in the starting lineup to spread the floor. Our 1st rounder this year would only get us a bench player at best so I'm fine dealing it. TH is almost certainly not coming back. He gets most of his minutes at center and I'm sure Masai would rather have a larger player fill that role in the future (Bebe?).
                                I like this, but then we need a big.. Taj Gibson?

Comment

Working...
                                X