• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #FireCaseyThisOffseason
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      really? according to what? i thought nick nurse was leading our offensive schemes? remember when people were saying last year that nick nurse totally fixed up our offense? so do people think casey is just veto'ing everything nick nurse says now or something?
      Last season when we implemented the horns offense, Nick Nurse was credited with creating the new offensive sets. When we run horns, our offense is pretty damn good. Unfortunately, we only run it 1 or 2 plays a game now, and resort to motion iso the rest of the time. If you aren't sure what horns offense is, here is a link that does a great job explaining it.

http://www.coachesclipboard.net/HornsOffense.html

Now, use this knowledge while watching games. When Lowry/Lou/DD/GV come down the court and don't pass or use any of the screens, that's not a Nick Nurse offensive set, that's Casey's "do whatever you want guys" offense. When we use horns, we almost always get a high percentage shot and an easy bucket. It's mind boggling that we stopped using it, but Casey is clearly comfortable with not using it from his post game comments, e.g. "those are our shots and they just gotta keep shooting them until they fall".

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Last season when we implemented the horns offense, Nick Nurse was credited with creating the new offensive sets. When we run horns, our offense is pretty damn good. Unfortunately, we only run it 1 or 2 plays a game now, and resort to motion iso the rest of the time. If you aren't sure what horns offense is, here is a link that does a great job explaining it.

http://www.coachesclipboard.net/HornsOffense.html

Now, use this knowledge while watching games. When Lowry/Lou/DD/GV come down the court and don't pass or use any of the screens, that's not a Nick Nurse offensive set, that's Casey's "do whatever you want guys" offense. When we use horns, we almost always get a high percentage shot and an easy bucket. It's mind boggling that we stopped using it, but Casey is clearly comfortable with not using it from his post game comments, e.g. "those are our shots and they just gotta keep shooting them until they fall".
        Raptor offense has a Jekyll and Hyde feel. The long passes, lobs and passing sets in the second and third that Casey hates and the late game and in the lead ISO garbage he loves. It isn't the players there is a distinct change in play style.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
          #FireCaseyThisOffseason
          No need to fire.. just don't pick up his option.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            No need to fire.. just don't pick up his option.
            That means another year. Fire now there isn't anymore to learn by just making the playoffs they need to get to a second round at least. Raptors players still haven't really experienced successful playoff basketball just the junky Casey version. Actual coaches adjust from the regular season to the playoffs.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              #FireCaseyThisOffseason
              Not sure if it needs a hashtag, but I'm in favour of finding a new voice to guide this team over the offseason. Regardless of playoff success...#DidIdoItRight?

Comment

• It's those stupid cards that he hands out at the beginning of the year. Demars a scorer so he's gotta score which means taking terrible shots because they don't create anything, same with Kyle and Lou.
                They make it way to easy on defences. How about just give them a card that says play fucking basketball.
                At the beginning of the year we had ball movement and minimal stupidity, but game by game it grows a little more because they started thinking they could make the stupid shots, and without an offensive system it has gotten beyond out of control.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  That means another year. Fire now there isn't anymore to learn by just making the playoffs they need to get to a second round at least. Raptors players still haven't really experienced successful playoff basketball just the junky Casey version. Actual coaches adjust from the regular season to the playoffs.
                  Would be shocked if Casey gets fired mid season / before the playoffs. But the poster I replied to mentioned "Offseason" in his hashtag. If it's the off season you can just deny his option so you don't need to fire him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Would be shocked if Casey gets fired mid season / before the playoffs. But the poster I replied to mentioned "Offseason" in his hashtag. If it's the off season you can just deny his option so you don't need to fire him.
                    He signed 2 year deal with option for year 3 last summer.

He'd need to be fired this off season or quit or mutually agreed to not coach next season.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

He'd need to be fired this off season or quit or mutually agreed to not coach next season.
                      My bad.. yes.. For some reason I thought it was a 2 year deal with the 2nd a team option. Well then #fireCasey

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

The problem is we can't fire him at least until the season ends. If we win a round in the playoffs his stock goes up. If we fire him with less than 30 games to go it sends a negative message to the players especially if there is an interim head coach. For now we are stuck with him. I wish the assistant coaches especially Nick Nurse would have a more active role with Casey's seal of approval.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          The problem is we can't fire him at least until the season ends. If we win a round in the playoffs his stock goes up. If we fire him with less than 30 games to go it sends a negative message to the players especially if there is an interim head coach. For now we are stuck with him. I wish the assistant coaches especially Nick Nurse would have a more active role with Casey's seal of approval.
                          Firing Casey right now is the most idiotic move that our GM can make. Just a week ago, he gave his approval for this team to the media.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            Firing Casey right now is the most idiotic move that our GM can make. Just a week ago, he gave his approval for this team to the media.
                            I really really want Casey gone but I agree with this. We have to let him coach out the season, he's earned that.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Offer Randle and I might consider it.
                              + picks, I would.

Last night was truly terrible to watch.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                                He gave his approval for the players, not the coach

Comment

Working...
                                X