#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    I see no evidence that Casey listens to his assistants at all.
    well how would you know really?
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I see no evidence that Casey listens to his assistants at all.
      Last season Casey was a lame duck and pretty much out the door. Now he's head coach with veto power.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        well how would you know really?
        i refuse to believe that Nurse, who was heralded for his creative offense, signed off on endless ISOs.

Comment

i refuse to believe that Nurse, who was heralded for his creative offense, signed off on endless ISOs.
          well I don't think of him as highly. Average assistant

Comment

whether he's an average assistant or not has nothing to do with it. he was brought in for creative offence yet we have the least creative offence in the league.

Comment

whether he's an average assistant or not has nothing to do with it. he was brought in for creative offence yet we have the least creative offence in the league.
              His offense in D-league was super fast pace run and gun style. It was "creative" because of how many threes they shot. That's not what we should do anyway

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I honestly see no difference whatsoever between the two bolded statements.

You seem to be stating that the only people complaining about DC are "JV fanboys", implying that the only complaints being made about DC are related solely to JV.

Myself and others have tried to explain the wide variety of issues we've had and continue to have with DC's coaching or, at the very least, the decisions/strategies that leave us lowly fans scratching our heads.

If I've misunderstood the previous posts of yours that I've quoted, then by all means please clarify your stance.

---

I appreciate you restraining yourself but, as I recall from past discussions, your desire to type such things had more to do with your inability to grasp the nuances of the points being raised by posters who you yourself decided to lump into "hater" or "tanker" groups for convenience sake.

Unfortunately, you seem to be repeating your mistake, by making "JV fanboys" and "DC haters" one in the same, to make it easier for you to turn a blind eye to the actual points being raised, rather than actually paying attention to what those you're trying to lump together are actually saying (sometimes even directly to you).
                OK there CalgaryRapsFan...... keep telling yourself that i don't "grasp the nuances of the points being raised by posters"....LOL See what i mean when i said obnoxious?? As if you guys are providing lectures on how to win basketball games. lol

Maybe Masai is the one who doesn't grasp the nuances because you guys have been saying this for years. It must really suck that nobody's listening to your pleas to fire Dwayne Casey.

Comment

The thing about assistants is that we really have no clue how their input is incorporated (or not) into the team's strategies. We also have no clue about the quality of job they're doing, and whether they have what it takes to be head coaches.

All we can do is watch the on-court product, and try to gauge impact based on that. Has anything about the Raptors play significantly changed over Casey's years, including through different assistants? At best only slightly.

Hard to really judge them beyond that, except Nurse, Bayno and Sterner all have what look like decent coaching resumes.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    DeRozan is not a good player - he scores points on a lot of shots and outside of junior high there is a difference. The improvements to his game he displayed last year are pretty much back to his career averages. He continues to be less and less efficient and Casey rides him more and more while he brings less to the game.
                    derozan was hovering around 48% under triano's pass-oriented system. he's dropped almost 5% (after sophomore season) since casey came on board. if derozan was as good at drawing fouls before as he is now, he would've been a 20 ppg scorer a while back.
                    Last edited by tDotted; Tue Jan 20, 2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      OK there CalgaryRapsFan...... keep telling yourself that i don't "grasp the nuances of the points being raised by posters"....LOL See what i mean when i said obnoxious?? As if you guys are providing lectures on how to win basketball games. lol

Maybe Masai is the one who doesn't grasp the nuances because you guys have been saying this for years. It must really suck that nobody's listening to your pleas to fire Dwayne Casey.
                      Do you talk like this to people on a day-to-day basis? Do you have a constantly broken nose and none of your own teeth left? Seriously man, learn how to converse without being an antagonizing punk. I don't think any poster comes close to how obnoxious and flat out inflammatory as you are (ignoring people who are clearly here just to troll).

*What you seem to think is obnoxious is people trying to use adult language and evidence-based (even if imperfect) opinions...meanwhile everything with you is about "haters" and "fanboys" and lacks any depth or sense of objective perspective.

*Note: I quoted this one post, but I am referring to your whole set of posts.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jan 20, 2015, 07:22 PM.

Comment

This is his first stint in the NBA (last year included) so I can imagine the last thing he wants to do is go against Casey's values and get canned, but the proof is in the play. The love for this team amongst fans last season was because of our hard team play (and winning, of course). Despite our top 5 offensive rating and record this season, it's clear how different our play looks this year. And all we've done is add JJ and Lou.

Quick side note that may or may not be of significant: my good friend that knew BC's assistant (who's still quite close to Casey) had dinner with Casey and his wife a few weeks prior the season. Naturally, as a die hard raps fan, I needed a recap of any conversation he had with him. Obviously it was a casual dinner so my friend didn't want sound like an interviewer, but he kept mentioning how much Casey RAVED about Lou's offensive play. He quoted Casey saying "the biggest surprise for me so far is how good Lou Williams is."

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I don't think it's too farfetched to think Casey might've been too influenced by Lou. I mean, one of the most frustrating things Casey says is that our offence is based around getting to the line. Isn't it quite obvious, especially since the Raptors have rarely been a whistle favourite, that it's unsustainable. We lost several games last season and a few this season due to a player relying on a foul call in crunch time.

Comment

• slogan wrote: View Post
                          This is his first stint in the NBA (last year included) so I can imagine the last thing he wants to do is go against Casey's values and get canned, but the proof is in the play. The love for this team amongst fans last season was because of our hard team play (and winning, of course). Despite our top 5 offensive rating and record this season, it's clear how different our play looks this year. And all we've done is add JJ and Lou.

Quick side note that may or may not be of significant: my good friend that knew BC's assistant (who's still quite close to Casey) had dinner with Casey and his wife a few weeks prior the season. Naturally, as a die hard raps fan, I needed a recap of any conversation he had with him. Obviously it was a casual dinner so my friend didn't want sound like an interviewer, but he kept mentioning how much Casey RAVED about Lou's offensive play. He quoted Casey saying "the biggest surprise for me so far is how good Lou Williams is."

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I don't think it's too farfetched to think Casey might've been too influenced by Lou. I mean, one of the most frustrating things Casey says is that our offence is based around getting to the line. Isn't it quite obvious, especially since the Raptors have rarely been a whistle favourite, that it's unsustainable. We lost several games last season and a few this season due to a player relying on a foul call in crunch time.
                          we are top 5 in FTA's per game. so yes, i would say getting to the line is actually pretty important to the offense. and no idea what you're talking about losing a bunch of games last season due to relying on calls.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            we are top 5 in FTA's per game. so yes, i would say getting to the line is actually pretty important to the offense. and no idea what you're talking about losing a bunch of games last season due to relying on calls.
                            I take back the "losing games" bit because I don't have substantial evidence to support it. I guess it just seems like they rely on getting the whistle by initiating contact too often. William Lou had an example of this in his post-game analysis when Giannis was guarding Demar.

Yes, getting to the free throw line is an important part of our offence but I just don't see it as reliable during close games and sustainable through the course of an 82 game season. I'd be genuinely curious to know what past contenders have employed this offensive strategy.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              I'm waiting to see how we play in the playoffs.....sorry if i'm not going to overreact over a 10-15 game slump. It's a long season.....what matters is how we're playing once we enter the playoffs. Can you explain how we're 27-14 with such a bad coach? I guess we must have a championship roster or something....
                              I'm not even going to ask you to react to the last 15 games. Just point out everything good about Casey's coaching. That's it. If you can't, then... Well...
                              Last edited by Mindlessness; Tue Jan 20, 2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                                I'm not even going to ask you to react to the last 15 games. Just point everything good about Casey's coaching. That's it. If you can't, then... Well...
                                this is to ALL who oppose the #FireCasey movement....

what is your case...for Casey?

Comment

Working...
                                X