#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exactly.

he did something.... I am willing to bet he pissed in the PG's cornflakes with the whole ASG twitter BS.

Kinda funny really, he was doing so well for them. Toronto isn't the same team without him being a big part, so I truly hope they get that shit sorted

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Might he be a tad overweight? He looks a bit chunkier to me this year. Hope he's not hitting the weights too much....or the buffet table either
      The playing time he's getting lately should knock a few pounds off.

Maybe he should go the McHappy low-carb route. It does work.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        would you coach better?
        How do you know his calls have been mistakes?

Explain in detail, I'd love to actually see someone here justify their comments, just once (and have it make actual sense)
        Matching Demar up against Giannis at SF and then trying to run the offense through him seemed destined for failure, and it did in fact fail miserably. Hopefully Casey adjusts tonight. Starting JJ at SF makes a ton of sense against Milwaukee, and having Demar at SG where he goes against the far less defensively talented talented Khris Middleton is a good idea too. The lineups is what I'll be focusing on while watching tonight. The Bucks are a team we should beat easily, Casey just has a knack for making things tougher than they need to be.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Matching Demar up against Giannis at SF and then trying to run the offense through him seemed destined for failure, and it did in fact fail miserably. Hopefully Casey adjusts tonight. Starting JJ at SF makes a ton of sense against Milwaukee, and having Demar at SG where he goes against the far less defensively talented talented Khris Middleton is a good idea too. The lineups is what I'll be focusing on while watching tonight. The Bucks are a team we should beat easily, Casey just has a knack for making things tougher than they need to be.
          That nails Casey on the head. Always making things harder for our team, yet still winning.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

You'd start JJ,despite his hamstring injury?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              You'd start JJ,despite his hamstring injury?
              Didn't hear about that. I'd go back to starting Ross at SF for this game then. Basically, don't match up Demar with Giannis, however Casey wants to get that done. Demar can't handle Giannis length, so if we want DD scoring points we have to give him a more favorable matchup. We don't count on Ross for scoring so putting him against Giannis shouldn't hurt.

Comment

Didn't hear about that. I'd go back to starting Ross at SF for this game then. Basically, don't match up Demar with Giannis, however Casey wants to get that done. Demar can't handle Giannis length, so if we want DD scoring points we have to give him a more favorable matchup. We don't count on Ross for scoring so putting him against Giannis shouldn't hurt.
                I agree... but GV on Giannis could also work. He shut down Johnson quite effectively. I'd give it to him, then use Ross if needed.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• You guys make it seem like if you start DeRozan at shooting guard instead of small forward that Giannis won't legally be able to guard him, or it will just slip Jason Kidd's mind that he wants his best wing defender matched up against the Raptors best wing scorer because their positions don't perfectly align.

Who Greak Freek guards on D is Kidd's decision, not Casey's.

Perfect microcosm of this entire thread though.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    I agree... but GV on Giannis could also work. He shut down Johnson quite effectively. I'd give it to him, then use Ross if needed.
                    My only problem with this is we can't really dictate how they match up on defense. We can "say" GV is playing SF but that doesn't mean Milwaukee is gonna put Giannis on him when Demar is in the game too. Not having JJ really sucks because he's the only one that would truly force the Giannis matchup due to his size. Maybe try PPat at SF? Or just don't run any DD iso as long as Giannis is on him. If we run screens we could get the matchups we want before hoisting up a shot, but it doesn't seem like Casey is a huge fan of that.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                      You guys make it seem like if you start DeRozan at shooting guard instead of small forward that Giannis won't legally be able to guard him, or it will just slip Jason Kidd's mind that he wants his best wing defender matched up against the Raptors best wing scorer because their positions don't perfectly align.

Ya think? lol. It's pretty ridiculous really.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

You guys make it seem like if you start DeRozan at shooting guard instead of small forward that Giannis won't legally be able to guard him, or it will just slip Jason Kidd's mind that he wants his best wing defender matched up against the Raptors best wing scorer because their positions don't perfectly align.

I addressed this in post 1059, must have been writing it while you posted. The whole perfect microcosm is a load of crap though. Rotations, minutes for JV, GV being used to guard Tyreke Evans, etc etc... You can't just gloss over all that because of one comment.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Vasquez guarding Tyreke on the final possession a few weeks ago is an easy one.
                          What a nightmare that game was.

Comment

Good points. I am going to watch for this tonight.

Comment

I addressed this in post 1059, must have been writing it while you posted. The whole perfect microcosm is a load of crap though. Rotations, minutes for JV, GV being used to guard Tyreke Evans, etc etc... You can't just gloss over all that because of one comment.
                              I'm not glossing over anything. I've said all along that Casey has his shortcomings. He's like any other coach in the NBA: he's got his respective strengths and weaknesses.

But a lot of the posts in this thread are either a) holding DC to a completely different standard than what we do for the other "good coaches" in the league or b) shovelling blame at the feet of DC for issues that he frankly doesn't have a lot of control over. I thought your latest position - that Casey was about to be outfoxed by Jason Kidd if Giannis guarded DD tonight - was a perfect example of both, hence the microcosm statement.
                              Last edited by Fully; Mon Feb 2, 2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I'm not glossing over anything. I've said all along that Casey has his shortcomings. He's like any other coach in the NBA: he's got his respective strengths and weaknesses.

But a lot of the posts in this thread are either a) holding DC to a completely different standard than what we do for the other "good coaches" in the league or b) shovelling blame at the feet of DC for issues that he frankly doesn't have a lot of control over. I thought your latest position - that Casey was about to outfoxed by Jason Kidd if Giannis guarded DD tonight - was a perfect example of both, hence the microcosm statement.
                                Casey has a deep healthy team. Something other teams don't. Most of the problems are not injury related like other coaches are dealing with.

Comment

Working...
                                X