#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Looks like the general public is much more forgiving than us Raptors Republicans....

The Toronto Star's poll results on whether Casey should be fired:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...h-feschuk.html
    The voting pool has to be polluted.....with Leaf fans and other casuals . To be serious, DC does have a positive media image and one of his strengths.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      The voting pool has to be polluted.....with Leaf fans and other casuals. To be serious, DC does have a positive media image and one of his strengths.
      Polls can be influenced by wording. Should a player determine if a coach is fired? Most will say no. Not saying that was the question but a one question survey is flawed

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Polls can be influenced by wording. Should a player determine if a coach is fired? Most will say no. Not saying that was the question but a one question survey is flawed
        The exact wording is "Should the Raptors fire coach Dwane Casey?"

Comment

The voting pool has to be polluted.....with Leaf fans and other casuals . To be serious, DC does have a positive media image and one of his strengths.
          People have to remember that "casuals" become the majority when a team is doing well. This is a large group of people whose knowledge of the team and sport is actually fairly superficial and limited. They just get excited about following a good team.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            People have to remember that "casuals" become the majority when a team is doing well. This is a large group of people whose knowledge of the team and sport is actually fairly superficial and limited. They just get excited about following a good team.
            naive lucky bastards. The more I know, the less happy I am. lol
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              naive lucky bastards. The more I know, the less happy I am. lol
              Lol, so true. Doesn't just apply to basketball. Knowledge is a curse

Comment

Lol, so true. Doesn't just apply to basketball. Knowledge is a curse
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                  You equate winning the championship to 2 first round exits ? the last one a sweep ?
                  All year DC backers said we don't know what goes on in the locker room, We're just arm chair GMs who don't have a right to an opinion. The BAAAAAMMMMMM Casey himself agreed with the RR assesment.
                  It's not about growing up ! its about exchanging opinions, this is a forum, made for that single purpose.
                  I don't know which part of what I said you are referring to. But to me, there isn't anything Masai did that deserves him being blamed. Atleast not yet. He took a pile of shit and engraved energy and enthusiasm in it which resulted in 2 playoffs appearance for a franchise that has a total of 6. And now people want the GM fired cuz the roster is not championship material in year two of his tenure?

I'm not comparing championships to playoff appearance, I'm comparing the fan reactions of those.

Comment

• That poll proves nothing. People looking at wins and not the games themselves. Stats only take you so far in this league.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

The exact wording is "Should the Raptors fire coach Dwane Casey?"
                      - improved winning % each year as a head coach
                      - made the playoffs past 2 years
                      - won the division past 2 years

Watching the playoff didn't make anybody on the roster look even half decent. Even non-basketball people watched a game in the playoffs and asked why the Raptors weren't passing the ball.

DC has a solid resume and at some point, it does come down to the players getting on the court and performing.

The casual fan doesn't understand the difference between players playing selfishly and the players executing a gameplan that calls for them to play selfishly.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                        I don't know which part of what I said you are referring to. But to me, there isn't anything Masai did that deserves him being blamed. Atleast not yet. He took a pile of shit and engraved energy and enthusiasm in it which resulted in 2 playoffs appearance for a franchise that has a total of 6. And now people want the GM fired cuz the roster is not championship material in year two of his tenure?

I'm not comparing championships to playoff appearance, I'm comparing the fan reactions of those.
                        Nobody wants the GM fired, they were talking in the hypothetical that if he doesn't make changes this offseason either coaching or player wise. Right now they want the coach fired, if he stays they want players that fit his style.
                        You're getting ahead of yourself.

Comment

• Can the 1 person who voted to keep Casey please reveal what we already know? You are, in fact, Dwane Casey.

Comment

Are we more influenced? Or are we more informed?

You have to admit, there's way more Raptors related information here than SportsCentre and NBATV could provide.
                            Both. Everyone wants to tank you tend to jump on the band wagon. Everyone want Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, you tend to jump on that band wagon, everyone wants Casey fired etc.

Someone who is not exposed to the group mentality is able to think for themselves a bit more clearly I think.

No doube we have way more access to information as well. But again, the way we receive it tends to sway our judgement sometimes.
                            Last edited by Mediumcore; Wed Apr 29, 2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post

Correction in order I believe...Masai actually did a brief mea culpa about his own culpability during his news conference and I paraphrase..."I am sorry, maybe I should have kept closer attention to what was happening to the team" ....I think he was referring to the slide in play for the 2 mo. period before the playoffs.

And rightly so. That neither he nor Weltman collectively could plainly recognize the deterioration in play nor do something about it (have a serious sit down with Casey) is mind boggling. I know I must have written at least a couple of posts at the time re the sentiment.... "about time Masai had a conversation with Dwane". Dont GMs typically follow very closely the heartbeat of their teams.

Comment

Correction in order I believe...Masai actually did a brief mea culpa about his own culpability during his news conference and I paraphrase..."I am sorry, maybe I should have kept closer attention to what was happening to the team" ....I think he was referring to the slide in play for the 2 mo. period before the playoffs.

And rightly so. That neither he nor Weltman collectively could plainly recognize the deterioration in play nor do something about it (have a serious sit down with Casey) is mind boggling. I know I must have written at least a couple of posts at the time re the sentiment.... "about time Masai had a conversation with Dwane". Dont GMs typically follow very closely the heartbeat of their teams.
                                Casey's a con artist. Letting him speak only prolongs his tenure. MU should just turf the dumbass. #FireMU

Comment

Working...
                                X