No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biggest concern about Casey (of which there are many) is that how he still appears to have very little in the way of an offensive system. If he does have a system he doesn't seem to hold players accountable if they break it. The reason this is my concern is because the Raptors don't know what Demar looks like in a good system and his contract status is hanging over head. A DD that moves the ball, facilitates, and forgets about scoring his at least 20 points per game regardless of efficiency is something I could get behind. The DD that exists now (more specifically in the 4th quarters), I don't want to see the Raptors pay him.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
      My biggest concern about Casey (of which there are many) is that how he still appears to have very little in the way of an offensive system. If he does have a system he doesn't seem to hold players accountable if they break it. The reason this is my concern is because the Raptors don't know what Demar looks like in a good system and his contract status is hanging over head. A DD that moves the ball, facilitates, and forgets about scoring his at least 20 points per game regardless of efficiency is something I could get behind. The DD that exists now (more specifically in the 4th quarters), I don't want to see the Raptors pay him.
      They have a system. They have lots of sets. People on here don't like it cause (a) it's not aesthetically pleasing; and (b) it wasn't effective through 4 games in the playoffs and everyone knows that you should base all of your decision-making off of what looks good to fans and what happened in 4 games one week as opposed to 240 games.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        They have a system. They have lots of sets. People on here don't like it cause (a) it's not aesthetically pleasing; and (b) it wasn't effective through 4 games in the playoffs and everyone knows that you should base all of your decision-making off of what looks good to fans and what happened in 4 games one week as opposed to 240 games.
        Your ability to glaze over issues while simultaneously insulting the credibility of any detractors in a single post is truly amazing.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

the fact that people like you are still defending Casey's offensive system is mindblowing to me.

And the fact that the best defense you can come up with is "don't judge it based on 4 games", when there have been countless posts discussing specific problems that have occurred consistently over 2 years is hilarious.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            the fact that people like you are still defending Casey's offensive system is mindblowing to me.

And the fact that the best defense you can come up with is "don't judge it based on 4 games", when there have been countless posts discussing specific problems that have occurred consistently over 2 years is hilarious.
            You don't even have to go that far back. It wasn't just 4 games that season. It was the entirety of the second half (when Lowry got worn out).
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Well from what I've seen on the forum, most people don't like it because a) it doesn't generate very good shots and b) the team hasn't had postseason success with it. Further to that, you glanced over my main point that I was trying to make. Bravo

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Your ability to glaze over issues while simultaneously insulting the credibility of any detractors in a single post is truly amazing.
                13th in ORTG 3 years ago. 10th in ORTG 2 years ago. 4th in ORTG last year. 6th so far this year. You don't have to like it but the offense, over the course of 240 plus games has improved each year and has been a top ten offense two years in a row. Are there issues? Yep. Not enough spacing, not enough passing, to much one-on-one stuff. Who's suggesting there aren't offensive issues?

I would suggest it's the anti-Casey forces on here who refuse to concede anything, anytime, anywhere. You guys insult your own credibility with that approach. You don't need me for that.

Comment

• In other news Pop does it again.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ors-smallball?
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

13th in ORTG 3 years ago. 10th in ORTG 2 years ago. 4th in ORTG last year. 6th so far this year. You don't have to like it but the offense, over the course of 240 plus games has improved each year and has been a top ten offense two years in a row. Are there issues? Yep. Not enough spacing, not enough passing, to much one-on-one stuff. Who's suggesting there aren't offensive issues?

I would suggest it's the anti-Casey forces on here who refuse to concede anything, anytime, anywhere. You guys insult your own credibility with that approach. You don't need me for that.
                    Slaw stop your making too much sense
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The real issue is that we don't mix the sets with the ISo-play. We either do one or the other depending on the quarter.

Casey doesn't change up his formula at all. It's like his playbook is a sponge he's had for years.... and he keeps on washing dishes with it. Does it produce results? Sure. But those results are sloppy and ineffective.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

As for who's saying there aren't issues, well, it seems like you are based on your previous comments and the first sentences of this one.

And yet, within the same paragraph, the issues you've admitted to are the fundamental problems with the offence that we've been railing against for a long time, which have really shown no signs of changing.

But yes, we're insulting our own credibility. please.

So what exactly is this post? A concession sandwiched between a tenuous defence and an ad hominem?

Comment

• Sam Cassel's name is never bandied about, but I'll bet that one day he'll be a really good head coach.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Does anyone still think Casey will be fired?
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              As for who's saying there aren't issues, well, it seems like you are based on your previous comments and the first sentences of this one.

And yet, within the same paragraph, the issues you've admitted to are the fundamental problems with the offence that we've been railing against for a long time, which have really shown no signs of changing.

But yes, we're insulting our own credibility. please.

So what exactly is this post? A concession sandwiched between a tenuous defence and an ad hominem?
                              Is an offense rated 10th, 4th and 6th in consecutive seasons a good offense?

Comment

Is an offense rated 10th, 4th and 6th in consecutive seasons a good offense?
                                Never ranking top 10 in FG%.

Comment

Working...
                                X