#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Don't be surprised when people do it, I'm convinced they'll defensed him till the day he gets canned
    A bunch of us saw problems when we were winning. Poor shot selection, poor ball movement, poor play calls and execution out of timeouts, odd usage of JV, odd usage of JJ, no inside game, hero ball seemingly encouraged / not dissuaded etc Etc. When we said these things the record was often thrown back in our face. We didn't know what we were talking about. The ends justified the means. The record proved we were wrong. Now that the team is losing we're band wagoners for saying the same things we had the courage to say when they were winning. For anyone that was paying attention, we've been saying the same thing for months now.

Comment

• #FireCasey

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      I don't know how anyone can defend casey anymore.
      Edit : rude comment lol
      Last edited by SamMitchells; Sat Mar 7, 2015, 02:52 PM.
      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• If he can't get an inside out game going with these guys then why keep him any longer. The couple of times they got the ball into JV last night he saw the double team and passed out for a good look that scored. That should be the standard set to force the defense to sag into the key more thus opening up for good looks. But who am I to say. I only coached high school varsity.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I don't think there's anything to this rationale. What respected and experienced coach do you want that doesn't already have a job? How do you know such guys aren't out of work for a reason? Why are they necessarily better than "fresher" faces?

A good coach is a good coach. Spoelstra was a young guy who cut his teeth in the film room being asked to coach a group with 3 superstars. Management gave him a vote of confidence and the players basically had to buy in, and he helped lead them to 2 championships and 4 straight finals appearances. Is he one of the best coaches in the league? I don't know, but he clearly did a good job with that team, and now with a different team he's changed principles to accommodate a different roster, notably having no trouble gearing their D a bit differently with Whiteside on the court.

I just want a coach who understands how to utilize his personnel. I don't care about experience. If players doubt, either it's because management hasn't made it clear that they need to buy in because this coach is their guy, or if it happens in spite of this the players are dumbasses who need to be shipped out.
          I think the key point you made was for a coach knowing how to utilize his personnel. DC it seems never can figure out the right mix.

Comment

I don't think there's anything to this rationale. What respected and experienced coach do you want that doesn't already have a job? How do you know such guys aren't out of work for a reason? Why are they necessarily better than "fresher" faces?

A good coach is a good coach. Spoelstra was a young guy who cut his teeth in the film room being asked to coach a group with 3 superstars. Management gave him a vote of confidence and the players basically had to buy in, and he helped lead them to 2 championships and 4 straight finals appearances. Is he one of the best coaches in the league? I don't know, but he clearly did a good job with that team, and now with a different team he's changed principles to accommodate a different roster, notably having no trouble gearing their D a bit differently with Whiteside on the court.

I just want a coach who understands how to utilize his personnel. I don't care about experience. If players doubt, either it's because management hasn't made it clear that they need to buy in because this coach is their guy, or if it happens in spite of this the players are dumbasses who need to be shipped out.
            It's the odds I was thinking of. Making the wrong call (eg Brian Shaw/Denver...good pedigree etc etc) sets the team/franchise back minimum 2 years. I shall assume it was a bunch of reasons with the Nuggets but inexperience as a h/c seemed like a large issue nevermind the gm was a newbie as well. Also had Thibodeau on my mind. Might be a pipe dream but there is a lot of smoke re his situation in Chicago. Do not believe cost should be an issue.

Comment

Was never a big McMillan fan. And any decent offence his teams ran was solely because of how good/versatile a player Roy was before his knees died. Seemed to suck the fun out of the game for his players, and that's always a bad thing.

JVG has been out of the game so long, and coached a very 90s style that I'm not sure how good he actually is anymore. Would the team be better defensively? Definitely. But how much better overall would they actually be? not sure.

Haven't seen any sign that Nash has any interest in coaching whatsoever.

Ron Adams is an odd case. No clue what to make of him. Successful assistant who's been in the league so long it's confusing as to why he's never been given a shot as a head coach.

Ollie's got a sweet gig at UConn, and I'm not sure he'd consider leaving.
              What about
              Bobby Knight
              Mark Jackson
              Doug Collins
              Scott Skiles

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                What about
                Bobby Knight
                Mark Jackson
                Doug Collins
                Scott Skiles
                Knight's an old, retired nutcase.

Jackson failed in GSW.

Collins has pretty much never actually been a very good coach.

Skiles doesn't know how to manage personalities/relationships.

Comment

• This team needs an outside the box thinker.. someone that isn't head strong or old school. Ideally what I would be looking for is an ex-NBA player that had an above average IQ and understands analytics but can also would help manager personalities/egos.

Steve Nash would be a great fit, but he's got bigger aspirations I think. Maybe someone like Shane Battier or Chauncey Billups? Billups has a report with Lowry and Battier lives in Michigan which isn't too far away from Toronto.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    This team needs an outside the box thinker.. someone that isn't head strong or old school. Ideally what I would be looking for is an ex-NBA player that had an above average IQ and understands analytics but can also would help manager personalities/egos.

Steve Nash would be a great fit, but he's got bigger aspirations I think. Maybe someone like Shane Battier or Chauncey Billups? Billups has a report with Lowry and Battier lives in Michigan which isn't too far away from Toronto.
                    I'd be reluctant about Billups. If he ended up being buddy-buddy with Lowry it might end badly.
                    OG is our king

Comment

• I would love shaka smart, but i have always loved nate mcmillian as a coach

Comment

• #FireCasey

Fred Hoiberg of Iowa State. Former NBA player who's been successful transitioning to the coaching ranks.

Only 42 (10 years in NBA), been coaching at Iowa St since 2010.
                        Last edited by Axel; Sat Mar 7, 2015, 07:04 PM.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Shaka Smart would bring havoc to T-Dot...It would be fun

Comment

• Profster wrote: View Post
                            Shaka Smart would bring havoc to T-Dot...It would be fun
                            that defence only works because the opponents are 18-22 year old kids who are prone to get riled up. No NBA team would struggle against it, and it would lead to a parade of layups.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Fred Hoiberg of Iowa State. Former NBA player who's been successful transitioning to the coaching ranks.

Only 42 (10 years in NBA), been coaching at Iowa St since 2010.
                              I would definitely like Hoiberg. The Nuggets looked at him and made a bit of a breakdown that you can view at the link below

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2015/3/6...t-fred-hoiberg

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                that defence only works because the opponents are 18-22 year old kids who are prone to get riled up. No NBA team would struggle against it, and it would lead to a parade of layups.

I just said it would bring havoc to T-Dot. LOL I didn't say they would win. Of course pro's can beat traps and ball pressure. Most of the quick guards in the NBA would dribble and give and go right through Shaka's defense. Dayton did last week and so did Richmond.

Comment

Working...
                                X