#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    So 3-8 in our last 11 is back to Earth? With your incredibly low expectations I can see why you think this thread is crazy.
    How many of those games did we have our full starting lineup?

It's not time to panic guys.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• Apparently Casey missed practice today due to serious flu like symptoms.... Masai should shut him down for the season. *fingers crossed*

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        Apparently Casey missed practice today due to serious flu like symptoms.... Masai should shut him down for the season. *fingers crossed*
        The stage is set for nick nurse to run the show... Should be interesting, I hope JV plays so we can see how utilized he is.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Sam Mitchell isn't a bad choice with this roster. He was able to use Bosh in the post.
          Sam's famous philosophy 'we just gotta make shots'. Lol. No kidding.
          I am not interested in him. There is a reason he has yet to get another head coaching job.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
            How many of those games did we have our full starting lineup?

It's not time to panic guys.
            Have you watched the last 11 games? It is the same script and style every game. It is time to panic if you want to be serious about winning this year. The reason so many posters are bummed is it is increasingly clear where the season is heading.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              PPats should be starting and Amir screening for GV. If the starters aren't running screens Amir isn't as useful and a spacer helps, with JJ Raptors can try to prevent all the layup and penetration and move DD to SG. GV, Lou and Ross can chuck with Amir and TH under the rim.
              Couple of good reasons why Amir should come off the bench. Screen/pick and roll partner for GV. And if he gets injured before the playoffs we're screwed. He needs to be fresh entering the post-season or the team has no chance.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Anything to back up what you're saying?
                When our offense was rolling last year this article came out where Lowry credited Nurse with having a huge impact on the offense.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/15...-unsung-heroes

I think the problem is Casey has taken the reigns back. We aren't doing what we did last year anymore.

Comment

When our offense was rolling last year this article came out where Lowry credited Nurse with having a huge impact on the offense.

I think the problem is Casey has taken the reigns back. We aren't doing what we did last year anymore.
                  Nurse has brought his unique offensive flair to the Raptors while both Bayno and Mermuys are tireless developers, willing to go to the gym at any hour of the day or night to get a player some extra work.

“Nick Nurse has come in and done an unbelievable job figuring out sets and bringing in a different type of offence, a more up-tempo type of offence,” Lowry said. “Jesse and Bayno? Their energy has been great. Their enthusiasm and pushing everybody to keep being aggressive and shooting shots and making sure that even if they miss a few, it don’t matter, just keep going.
                  well thanks for that Nick
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Not really buying the "who do we get who is better than Casey?" arguement.

First off, NBA GM's have access to very large phone books of coaches, and the tools required to properly scout them. Us fans don't.

There are also talent agencies who help narrow down the lists for GMs.

Also, the whole premise behind that statement screams "settling" to me. Casey isn't taking us to the ECF. Why stick with that? Why not take a flier and try something else.

Hell, offer a young up and coming coach a 1 year contract with 3 and 6 year options. Ultimate flexibilty tryout contracts where you could lock him up if he fits your bill.

(No idea if such a thing has ever existed)

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Not really buying the "who do we get who is better than Casey?" arguement.

First off, NBA GM's have access to very large phone books of coaches, and the tools required to properly scout them. Us fans don't.

There are also talent agencies who help narrow down the lists for GMs.

Also, the whole premise behind that statement screams "settling" to me. Casey isn't taking us to the ECF. Why stick with that? Why not take a flier and try something else.

Hell, offer a young up and coming coach a 1 year contract with 3 and 6 year options. Ultimate flexibilty tryout contracts where you could lock him up if he fits your bill.

(No idea if such a thing has ever existed)
                      I just hate I idea of replacing a coach in the middle of the season that, on the whole, is in line with expectations of the ceiling of this roster. The only way I can rationalize firing Casey before the end of the season is:

1) You're blowing the team at the trade deadline and going in a completely different direction. In other words, the team's performance in playoffs are irrelevant and your already looking ahead to next season.
                      2) A top tier coach suddenly becomes available and this is your window to grab him.

Otherwise I'd prefer to reserve judgement until the offseason. Even if Masai decides tomorrow he wants the coaching to go in a new direction, it's not like evaluating and recruiting prospects doesn't take time and consideration.

Comment

• If the Raptors make a mid-season change it'll be an assistant since coaches don't like replacing other coaches mid-season especially high profile ones; there's no upside or time to do anything. Firing Casey now is actually the best time. make Nurse or Bayno the interim HC and weigh options end of the season. Make either the HC or recruit someone else. Eventually all assistants leave so try before you buy. Nurse was interviewing with GSW.

Comment

• Some pro basketball (Facebook) fans quotes about you guys:

"Katherine North Those who know absolutely nothing about basketball would suggest firing Casey. Typical."
                          "Donovan Pearce Fake fans"
                          "Mentees Wolf 2nd rate clueless fans"
                          "Ibrahim Ab #firebandwagonfans"
                          "Ahmed Rashwan This is what happens when Leafs fans jump on a bandwagon. Over reactions to everything and anything!"

I suppose not everyone on RR is a hardcore basketball fan... quite a surprise for me.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                            Some pro basketball (Facebook) fans quotes about you guys:

"Katherine North Those who know absolutely nothing about basketball would suggest firing Casey. Typical."
                            "Donovan Pearce Fake fans"
                            "Mentees Wolf 2nd rate clueless fans"
                            "Ibrahim Ab #firebandwagonfans"
                            "Ahmed Rashwan This is what happens when Leafs fans jump on a bandwagon. Over reactions to everything and anything!"

I suppose not everyone on RR is a hardcore basketball fan... quite a surprise for me.
                            Leafs and Blues Jays fans are the real deal hence all the success. Knicks fans aren't loyal.

Comment

You have no evidence of this at all. You are starting from the point that Casey is a bad coach and Nick Nurse is a good coach, then using that to say, "when the team is bad, it must be more Casey that is handling the offense." Then you are using that to amplify your "Nurse -good coach", "Casey - bad coach" starting point.
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• What I noticed quite a while ago, is players telling in the interviews that Casey is getting better as the coach. Well, let's face it, it's akward when players say that, even if it is a positive thing to say, I hope you get my point. I could find videos where Lowry is saying that if neccesary, I don't have much time now though.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X