#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I can hear Sir Charles now..."that was a turble decision by Toronto", followed by a Stephen A. Smith rant asking "What is Toronto doing?!"

Still think Casey lasts until the end of season. If we don't make it past the first round he's gone.
    Don't forget everybody that works for NBA TV
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      This. It's been what, 5 years now of Casey as HC? And the team has played the same all 5 years offensively. Iso-ball with your best guys, minimal ball movement, marginalization of shooters due to an inability to generate consistent open catch and shoot opportunities. First it was Bargnani in DeRozan's role, then Bargs and DeRozan, then DeRozan and Gay, the past few years and now it's Lowry and DeRozan.

I guarantee that DeRozan would be playing differently if he was on a team that made ball movement a priority and installed an offense and had the adequate coaching to make that viable.

There was a time when I likely would have argued this.

But DD did enough in the first 5 games of the season to make me think he could play a more team oriented style of game and be successful in it (his lack of 3pt shot will always hold him back and create an issue for his team but that is beyond known).

DD is doing what is being asked of him. Casey is the problem.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Aren't you the Ross apologist? It's all Casey's fault that Ross forgot how to shoot right? He dropped 51 points on LA in spite of Casey.....Regardless, I prefer the term supporters than apologists.

I am a Demar supporter because he's a big part of our team and he gets wayyy too much hate on here.
        I am a Casey supporter because he's our head coach, the team plays hard for him and he gets wayyyy too much hate on here.

Ross gets less hate than Casey and Demar (because of his apologists I guess).....although he's catching up and deservedly so.
        The bold is the saddest part
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• S/O to Coach Casey for being an honourable mention for Coach of the month for November. Even though your team played a league high of road games. Even though you've had 3 rotation players go down in that span as well. Congrats on starting 11-7, being top10 in offence and defence, having the 7th best point differential in the league. Keep up the good work.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            S/O to Coach Casey for being an honourable mention for Coach of the month for November. Even though your team played a league high of road games. Even though you've had 3 rotation players go down in that span as well. Congrats on starting 11-7, being top10 in offence and defence, having the 7th best point differential in the league. Keep up the good work.
            It's November. The goal is to peak before the playoffs not Christmas

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              You realize that more people wondered why he WASN'T fired in the off-season after the embarrassing playoffs right? The only thing that he'd get roasted on would be why he wasn't fired then.
              I'm referring to people outside of this forum that simply look at for the most part, wins, losses, and results. I realize within this forum the buck does not stop at results, but instead goes down to every small detail from minutes certain players get to play calling etc.

Those media outlets whom don't pay attention to the Raptors...so all the major ones...would nail Ujiri to the wall.

Comment

I'm referring to people outside of this forum that simply look at for the most part, wins, losses, and results. I realize within this forum the buck does not stop at results, but instead goes down to every small detail from minutes certain players get to play calling etc.

Those media outlets whom don't pay attention to the Raptors...so all the major ones...would nail Ujiri to the wall.
                No they really wouldn't. Everyone knows the Wizards swept the Raptors and that they played like crap.

Comment

...I WAS referring to people outside of this forum. I was actually referring to media outlets. It's one of the larger reasons behind why many of them had the Raptors barely in the playoffs (and in one case, out of it).
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Casey is the name on coach's on the hot seat. Karl won 57 and everybody knew he was a goner

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      S/O to Coach Casey for being an honourable mention for Coach of the month for November. Even though your team played a league high of road games. Even though you've had 3 rotation players go down in that span as well. Congrats on starting 11-7, being top10 in offence and defence, having the 7th best point differential in the league. Keep up the good work.
                      I agree. You gotta approach each season with some sort of optimism regardless of what you think of the coach, players etc.

Season started well with an offence which I think everyone here could get behind. And though things have reverted back to last years offence there are still signs that parts of what they were trying to change for this year are there. Namely, guys might be starting with iso, but are trying to finnish with the pass....that's a sign of change right?

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        ...I WAS referring to people outside of this forum. I was actually referring to media outlets. It's one of the larger reasons behind why many of them had the Raptors barely in the playoffs (and in one case, out of it).
                        If Casey was fired after the playoffs I think a chunk of the media would have supported or been ambivalent but that time has passed.

I hate to break it to you but the Fire Casey NOW stuff is largely limited to a select group of forum posters at RR, the RealGM forum and a few posters/commentators at a couple other sites. No one in the Toronto media or in the larger NBA media world is calling for Casey to be fired and I don't think any prognosticators ranked Toronto lower cause of Casey - they ranked them lower cause they didn't think the roster was very good and the rest of the East was improved. The casual fans who are crucial to the team are not on the Fire Casey bandwagon either. It's just that you guys have been talking to yourselves for so long you assume everyone else must think it, too. It's not the case.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          It's November. The goal is to peak before the playoffs not Christmas
                          This is a pretty stupid reason to criticize Casey...even for you.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I agree. You gotta approach each season with some sort of optimism regardless of what you think of the coach, players etc.

Season started well with an offence which I think everyone here could get behind. And though things have reverted back to last years offence there are still signs that parts of what they were trying to change for this year are there. Namely, guys might be starting with iso, but are trying to finnish with the pass....that's a sign of change right?
                            +1
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              If Casey was fired after the playoffs I think a chunk of the media would have supported or been ambivalent but that time has passed.

I hate to break it to you but the Fire Casey NOW stuff is largely limited to a select group of forum posters at RR, the RealGM forum and a few posters/commentators at a couple other sites. No one in the Toronto media or in the larger NBA media world is calling for Casey to be fired and I don't think any prognosticators ranked Toronto lower cause of Casey - they ranked them lower cause they didn't think the roster was very good and the rest of the East was improved. The casual fans who are crucial to the team are not on the Fire Casey bandwagon either. It's just that you guys have been talking to yourselves for so long you assume everyone else must think it, too. It's not the case.
                              +1
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                                This is a pretty stupid reason to criticize Casey...even for you.
                                He got swept pulling the same stunt last year. Tight rotations beating up on teams who are injured or disorganized. Later in the year offenses and defenses get better and guys who suck don't play. You don't see a pattern dumb ass

Comment

Working...
                                X