#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Man, you're just trying to run this argument into circles. So by your logic, shouldn't Demar Derozan have made our SF and PF's better? Or he's only a good player when he gets a better player? But he's an all star now? Just not a star? That comes when he gets Steph Curry or Derek Rose? Or is that chicken? Or the egg?
    Do player shoot more efficiently playing with other All-star caliber players yes or no?

Chris Bosh was way more efficient playing with two other all-star than he did here right?
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Wow, that's laughable. Butler is significantly better at every single aspect of the game. The only place they're even close is assists and FTA.

Ortg 122 vs 104
      Drtg 104 vs 109
      PER 21.3 vs 17.4
      TS% .583 vs .510

Significantly is little too strong of a word
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Do player shoot more efficiently playing with other All-star caliber players yes or no?

Chris Bosh was way more efficient playing with two other all-star than he did here right?
        Next to Lebron and Wade and in significantly smaller role yes. So you want Derozan to become third option. Sure I personally agree he shouldn't have big offensive role. But where and how are we gonna get 2 All-stars?
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...rsity-1.282044

Some points off of this.

-Masai might tank next season
          -Lowry is a big problem.
          Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed May 13, 2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Next to Lebron and Wade and in significantly smaller role yes. So you want Derozan to become third option. Sure I personally agree he shouldn't have big offensive role. But where and how are we gonna get 2 All-stars?
            We already have two All-Stars when healthy. Just need a frontcourt player of that caliber. I think Kyle would be the one whose role would be less on offense. People forget how efficient DD was when Rudy Gay drew some of the defensive attention from the opponents. Yes, we didn't win many games.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Next to Lebron and Wade and in significantly smaller role yes. So you want Derozan to become third option. Sure I personally agree he shouldn't have big offensive role. But where and how are we gonna get 2 HOFers?
              That's more fitting.

Comment

We already have two All-Stars when healthy. Just need a frontcourt player of that caliber. I think Kyle would be the one whose role would be less on offense. People forget how efficient DD was when Rudy Gay drew some of the defensive attention from the opponents. Yes, we didn't win many games.
                I need names

Comment

Significantly is little too strong of a word
                  Besides those stats really not being that close (his percentages being much, much higher), Jimmy Butler is a premiere defender as well. And is a top 20 impact player (with a +5 RPM) while DD is a league average impact player (slight negative RPM). And on top of that, Jimmy Butler's max is about 17M per year, while DeMar's will be 25M.

Almost the worst comparison you could have chosen.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• you guys need to realize demar wont win a ring for us alone

No one can,
                    MJ had Pipen, and Roddman
                    Kobe had Shaq, Gasol, Ron, Fisher, and Bynmun
                    Shaq had Kobe, Wade and morning
                    Lebron had Wade and Bosh
                    Tim had Robinson, Tony, Manu and Leonard

we need too keep Demar and put two stars who are better and will compliment him.

We need floor spacers, defenders (mostly shot blocking) and re bounders
                    Last edited by Abbas; Wed May 13, 2015, 05:12 PM.
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Other way around
                      By definition, no. The all-star game is a game comprised entirely of stars, hence the name. Therefore the minimum requirement to be an all-star is to be a star.

I would suggest you are referring to a superstar (something greater than a star).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        you guys need to realize demar wont win a ring for us alone

No one can,
                        Lebron had Wade and Bosh

we need too keep Demar and put two stars who are better and will compliment him.

I would suggest the priority ought to be to get the two better stars, by any means, including moving DD for talent, picks or to clear cap room to sign said stars, and worry about getting that third tier player later - if DD is a third best guy, he's extraordinarily replaceable. Keeping him should therefore be of zero concern for now.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Butler about to get the max and I see him as being on par with DD.
                          It's not even close

And Butler defense miles better than DD
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

The answer to your question is no, by the way. He put up extremely comparable efficiency numbers in his last few years here versus his big three years in Miami. Like a half a percentage point better in Miami at his peak, with a couple years there where he had lower shooting marks than he did here.

Some players just are who they are. I have zero faith DeMar manages a more efficient game with better players around him. He likes the shots he takes - heck, he likes shooting contested shots better than uncontested ones (in spite of being much worse at them).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                              you guys need to realize demar wont win a ring for us alone

No one can,
                              Lebron had Wade and Bosh

As said before, DeMar is a complimenter not a complimentee. He's of the Manu/Bynum caliber, NOT of the MJ/Shaq caliber.

Comment

• I guess will see how Masai feels about DD. This would be the summer to trade him. Lets see if you guys are right.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X