X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    LOL

You're a clown dude.

You come on all high and mighty tearing down others opinions.

GTFO.

If you hate it so much, quit reading the many different kinds of shit apparently found here.

"Craig, line 2. Craig, line 2." Go sell some cars.
    I'm sorry.... you mean JV IS fast?

he CAN be counted on to D up when it counts?

Um..... ok. Sure.

Comment

• Likely the post of the year!!!

hahaha

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
        Well I think the blow bys have a lot more to do with our players than the system. Is the system really designed to allow blow bys? If so, then I'm all over the fire Casey train.

And this really was the first year of Casey's tenure with any kind of stability. Every other season has seen a different starting lineup end the year than begin it (because of major trades).

It's the first time he's known at training camp - this is my team.
        This defensive scheme Casey uses allows the opposing guard on the P'n'R to go anywhere they want which is usually right down the lane

When that happens it's pretty much over because they can either shoot the short jumper, try a floater, or dish it off when the help comes.

There is a reason barely anyone use we this type of defensive schemes, most teams ICE the P'n'R
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          This defensive scheme Casey uses allows the opposing guard on the P'n'R to go anywhere they want which is usually right down the lane

When that happens it's pretty much over because they can either shoot the short jumper, try a floater, or dish it off when the help comes.

There is a reason barely anyone use we this type of defensive schemes, most teams ICE the P'n'R
          Please break down for me what the scheme is and how that scheme inherently allows PnRers to blow by.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I think Craig's in the right here - people are pointing to systems (mainly the offense) and saying, "this system is bad, stylistically." But if that supposedly bad style gets good results, is it really bad?

I'm seeing the same thing everyone on this board is re: the offense, the difference is, I'm acknowledging that IT WORKS.
            Look at my post which Craig cherry picked.

I am talking in general. The raps started 13-2 over next 35 games they are 20-15 over last 18 they are .500 against a really weak schedule.

They are on a downward spiral. Let's see what happens over next month of games.

And Craig is entitled to his own opinion and to share that. It is unfortunate he made a string of personal attacks to get there.

Sadly though his comment rests on, "hey we are historically bad but look at our record now - 33-17! Yay!"

There is more than enough evidence to show Casey is a shitty basketball coach by nba standards. They have been highlighted all season. The team is now a known commodity throughout the league yet Casey continues to muddle along with the same old ineffective plan of attack.

Comment

• cinqueda wrote: View Post
              our record is terrible against +500 teams and now we're having trouble against -500 teams too
              but we're 33-17!! all is well!!

Comment

There is more than enough evidence to show Casey is a shitty basketball coach by nba standards. They have been highlighted all season. The team is now a known commodity throughout the league yet Casey continues to muddle along with the same old ineffective plan of attack.
                Ok fair on all that other stuff, I shouldn't have stuck my nose in that, BUT -

So again, our offense is the second best one in the entire league. Even better than the very pretty Hawks, with, debatably less talent than them. (We don't have anyone like Korver, shooting 50% from 3, and their whole frontcourt are multiple allstars, with Teague being a current one).

So, no matter how ugly, our offense is EFFECTIVE.

And on defense, I still want someone to break down what the system is and how it's bad. Why is it the system allowing perimeter players to penetrate rather than the defenders themselves.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I certainly can't separate one from the other.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Please break down for me what the scheme is and how that scheme inherently allows PnRers to blow by.
                  I'm on mobile right now so I can't explain

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...67647&start=60

Read the post by Undefeated, post #66

It'll show you just how messed up this defensive scheme is
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    but we're 33-17!! all is well!!
                    Didn't someone recently point out how the majority of "contenders" are about .500 against >.500 teams.
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      I'm on mobile right now so I can't explain

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...67647&start=60

Read the post by Undefeated, post #66

It'll show you just how messed up this defensive scheme is
                      Ok, that was a pretty good breakdown, but a couple of things -

1. a lot of the issues he pointed out was bad decision making by the personnel on the floor as opposed to an inherent inability to execute the scheme. The more the scheme is run, the more that would improve, Id imagine.

2. one of the main flaws in the system that he pointed out was that JV isn't fleet of foot enough to play that hedging game. but I thought RR published an article recently pointing out how JV doesn't hedge, and when he's on the floor, he does fall back and guard the paint.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I often wonder what people don't see when they simply enjoy the game.

JV is great, he tries hard, cares yadda yadda...but he also isn't really a "player".

Its an intangible.... some guys are just more intuitive, they react faster, they are more focused.

When you are a center, you are either really good or a stiff.... you cant hide because the fine line is kinda cruel that way.

Just watch the games, watch the guy off the ball, if he looks engaged and agile..... then fine, but I believe you might see differently if you're really looking.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          I often wonder what people don't see when they simply enjoy the game.

JV is great, he tries hard, cares yadda yadda...but he also isn't really a "player".

Its an intangible.... some guys are just more intuitive, they react faster, they are more focused.

When you are a center, you are either really good or a stiff.... you cant hide because the fine line is kinda cruel that way.

Just watch the games, watch the guy off the ball, if he looks engaged and agile..... then fine, but I believe you might see differently if you're really looking.
                          I think that "stiff" ness that you're referring to will get better with time and experience.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            I often wonder what people don't see when they simply enjoy the game.

Your criticism is a lack of elite athleticism.

He is a very effective player.

The eye test, stats, advanced stats all show it.

Comment

Elite athleticism wins championships.... in short supply, elite intellect will do.

he has niether.

he is a good player.

but not great, not a championship level star on his own, none of um are, team is what it is, stop shining about it, stop firing coaches, you're embarrassing Mchappy.

Comment

I often see Jonas making the wrong decision on defense - not terrible things, but just not contesting when he should, playing the pass when he shouldn't, stuff like that.

A lot of stats point to him being an elite individual player, but some important stats point to him being less effective, like net rating -

again, that type of split second decision making will get better with time I think.
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X